What's new

Iran buys 24 Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E fighters produced for Egypt

Hydration

Feb 9, 2022
Country
Egypt
I also forgot to mention if Israel decides to stop the agreement this will be taken to court where Egypt will place a huge fee on ISrael which prevents anything like this from ever happening.

Sep 30, 2021
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
SU-30MKI is more advanced than the Russian SU-30. Su-35S is more advanced according to the Russians but Russia is seriously behind in RADAR, electronics, sensors and A2A missile tech. Given everything else same, pilot capability etc American f-16,18 and 15 are far superior to any aircraft Russia has. It's just a reality, Russia is not Soviet Union, it hasn't invested 1/10th of the money the Americans did in RND in the last 32 years.

This thread and what I was talking about before we started speaking was solely about Su-35. Your comment which I first replied to was about su-35 as well. So I dont know why you're suddenly bringing up su-30?! Regardless of what you think about the radar, the Su-35s has an improved radar compared to Su-30mki, not to mention other major improvements. Therefore, your example of Indian flankers taking down F-16s was a moot point and red herring. And you have no real time data to back what you're saying, just silly simulations lol

I also forgot to mention if Israel decides to stop the agreement this will be taken to court where Egypt will place a huge fee on ISrael which prevents anything like this from ever happening.

Nobody was talking about Israel leaving, I mean why would they? They get to genocide Palestine with Egypts blessings. The issue was about Egypt never leaving which is obvious. More red herrings.

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
This thread and what I was talking about before we started speaking was solely about Su-35. Your comment which I first replied to was about su-35 as well. So I dont know why you're suddenly bringing up su-30?! Regardless of what you think about the radar, the Su-35s has an improved radar compared to Su-30mki, not to mention other major improvements. Therefore, your example of Indian flankers taking down F-16s was a moot point and red herring. And you have no real time data to back what you're saying, just silly simulations lol

I brought up the SU-30 issue because you said "Hasnt been tested in real life situation. Just in video games." Su-30 belongs to the Su-27 family and Su-35 is a further upgrade and variant of the same family of jets. As per the Russian claims the Su-35S is far superior. It can be superior to the other Su-XX jets but it can't be superior to the American jets. It may have an improved radar or improved whatever, but Russian tech is no match whatsoever to American tech. Tech doesn't grow in tress in Russia, you need to spend money and do years of continuous research to upgrade tech. The Americans have been doing that constantly and they lead the tech world in military tech and everything else. You are trying to argue this in vein because Iran chose to buy the SU-35s, so it must be proved by hook or crook that it's a superior jet to the American ones. It's not.

Hydration

Feb 9, 2022
Country
Egypt
SU-30MKI is more advanced than the Russian SU-30. Su-35S is more advanced according to the Russians but Russia is seriously behind in RADAR, electronics, sensors and A2A missile tech. Given everything else same, pilot capability etc American f-16,18 and 15 are far superior to any aircraft Russia has. It's just a reality, Russia is not Soviet Union, it hasn't invested 1/10th of the money the Americans did in RND in the last 32 years.
IF we are talking about the IRbis-E IRan is most likely to get yes you are right. but money flown in projects does not means its superiorty. We can take hypersonic missile prorams as an example where the US budget is higher than of russian or chinese but russia and china both have hypersonix missiles in service while america does not. BUt most of the problems were solved by placing the n036 AESA radar of the the su-57. for A2A missiles package the russians are better with the k-77M and r-37M. For compared radars the Americans have the edge as usual until the n036 radar is tested in combat but i doubt it will outdo the f22 and f35 radars

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
IF we are talking about the IRbis-E IRan is most likely to get yes you are right. but money flown in projects does not means its superiorty. We can take hypersonic missile prorams as an example where the US budget is higher than of russian or chinese but russia and china both have hypersonix missiles in service while america does not. BUt most of the problems were solved by placing the n036 AESA radar of the the su-57. for A2A missiles package the russians are better with the k-77M and r-37M. For compared radars the Americans have the edge as usual until the n036 radar is tested in combat but i doubt it will outdo the f22 and f35 radars

Money plays an important part but not the only part. The US has the most brilliant minds in the world, no other country is a match. The US tech companies in every field whether military or civilian tech are the best of the best and the leaders in their specific fields. Yes the Russians may have come up with an AESA for the SU-35 but that doesn't mean they achieved parity. The US has had AESA long before and they are some of the best.

lydian fall

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Money plays an important part but not the only part. The US has the most brilliant minds in the world, no other country is a match. The US tech companies in every field whether military or civilian tech are the best of the best and the leaders in their specific fields. Yes the Russians may have come up with an AESA for the SU-35 but that doesn't mean they achieved parity. The US has had AESA long before and they are some of the best.
The US is nothing

All of the tech they have is stolen from Germany WW2 and continued by draining other countries brains

When they attacked Iraq, they stole plenty of Iraqi engineers.

Last edited:

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
The US is nothing

All of the tech they have is stolen from Germany WW2 and continued by draining other countries brains

When they attacked Iraq, they stole plenty of Iraqi engineers.

Ok. I have gained a lot of knowledge today and as a result I have become wiser. Thank you.

Hydration

Feb 9, 2022
Country
Egypt
Quite debatable not the best minds but what matters is that they habe the correct enviroment and money to make any scintist not appreciated by his country to come to the US. Comparsions on paper are far frim reality until both are tested in genuine combat or a training by a neutral force this remains an empty debate

Sep 30, 2021
Country
I brought up the SU-30 issue because you said "Hasnt been tested in real life situation. Just in video games." Su-30 belongs to the Su-27 family and Su-35 is a further upgrade and variant of the same family of jets. As per the Russian claims the Su-35S is far superior. It can be superior to the other Su-XX jets but it can't be superior to the American jets. It may have an improved radar or improved whatever, but Russian tech is no match whatsoever to American tech. Tech doesn't grow in tress in Russia, you need to spend money and do years of continuous research to upgrade tech. The Americans have been doing that constantly and they lead the tech world in military tech and everything else. You are trying to argue this in vein because Iran chose to buy the SU-35s, so it must be proved by hook or crook that it's a superior jet to the American ones. It's not.

While I accept you did include su-30 in your initial comment, this thread is about su-35 which is a different animal to the su-30. It has been upgraded considerably. And I do maintain that su-35 vs western jets is only limited to video game style testing which I have very little interest in. To say it can't be more powerful than western jets without providing any real life evidence just proves that you have an anti-Russian bias and probably not too concerned about the truth. To add salt to the wounds of your already shortsighted comment, you ignore the fact that Russians have been busy with their own research and development that has got them the Su-35, 57 and 75. These 3 aircraft also didn't just grown on trees, and took effort to develop. So until you can provide me with evidence then I will maintain that Iran buying the Su-35 would be an improvement and a threat to western jets.

Su-35 makes a good replacement for aging F-14.

Thats all we're saying, but the salt is everywhere.

Bengal71

Sep 21, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
While I accept you did include su-30 in your initial comment, this thread is about su-35 which is a different animal to the su-30. It has been upgraded considerably. And I do maintain that su-35 vs western jets is only limited to video game style testing which I have very little interest in. To say it can't be more powerful than western jets without providing any real life evidence just proves that you have an anti-Russian bias and probably not too concerned about the truth. To add salt to the wounds of your already shortsighted comment, you ignore the fact that Russians have been busy with their own research and development that has got them the Su-35, 57 and 75. These 3 aircraft also didn't just grown on trees, and took effort to develop. So until you can provide me with evidence then I will maintain that Iran buying the Su-35 would be an improvement and a threat to western jets.

Thats all we're saying, but the salt is everywhere.

You can maintain whatever you want, your prerogative. Tech doesn't grow in trees in Russia. In the US however, numerous companies with huge budget develop tech regularly and they are the leaders in almost evey field. The Russians can't even make a microprocessor, not to mention many other technologies. They are no match.

P.S. I am not anti-Russian and I am not pro-Russian either. Also, I am not anti-Iran, rather pro-Iran. The Su-35S is an upgrade from what Iran has now but it's nowhere near American jets.

Sep 30, 2021
Country
You can maintain whatever you want, your prerogative. Tech doesn't grow in trees in Russia. In the US however, numerous companies with huge budget develop tech regularly and they are the leaders in almost evey field. The Russians can't even make a microprocessor, not to mention many other technologies. They are no match.

P.S. I am not anti-Russian and I am not pro-Russian either. Also, I am not anti-Iran, rather pro-Iran. The Su-35S is an upgrade from what Iran has now but it's nowhere near American jets.

Yes I can maintain whatever I like, thats one thing we can agree on. When did I say tech grows on trees in Russia? You're the one who said Russia doesnt do R+D like they did in Soviet Union, and I rightly pointed out that advanced jets like the Su-35 and 57 didnt just come out of thin air either. Seems you have reading comprehension issues. The Su-35 is definitely a match for the jets you mentioned in your initial comment and only the F-22 and maybe 35 would surpass it. Yes US planes are over priced but that doesnt always trasnlate to value for money. Agree to disagree?

Thats great, but until you show evidence I will have to disagree with you there as well. War is not fought on paper or some video game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom