What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

nametag

New Recruit

May 16, 2013
Barang Kosher

The Phillippines just received Elbit Hermes 450 and 900, which IMO more advanced than the searcher we currently had. IMHO we should continue to acquire more Phillippines product, like Elbit Hermes rather than acquiring the CH4 which has questionable reputation.

Nike

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 28, 2013
Country
Indonesia
Azerbaijan Armenian clash show us one more Time, those Russian Air Defense is unable to do shit against proper UCAV like Bayraktar and so on and modern jammer system like Koral. Indonesia must to invest more to acquire such capability and now better to say goodbye for Russian Made arms.

mandala

Jul 30, 2016
Country
Indonesia
Based from this news Indonesia purchased Kozak-2M Armored Vehicle from Ukraine. Looks like we are going to see some new toys in the upcoming TNI 75th Anniversary.

Kunjungan Delegasi Kementerian Pertahanan RI ke Ukraina

04/09/2020 16:35 PM

Delegasi Kementerian Pertahanan RI dipimpin Bapak N. Ponang Djawoto (Marsekal Madya Angkatan Udara) selaku Direktur Jenderal Kekuatan Pertahanan-Kementerian Pertahanan RI, telah mengadakan kunjungan kerja ke Kyiv, Ukraina pada 2-4 September 2020. Selain delegasi Kemenhan RI turut hadir pula delegasi PT Pindad dan delegasi PT. LEN Industri.
Kunjungan diadakan sebagai tindak lanjut kunjungan kerja Wakil Menteri Pertahanan RI pada Februari 2020 dan sebagai implementasi Perjanjian Kerja Sama Bilateral Bidang Pertahanan yang telah ditandatangani tahun 2016 dan telah diratifikasi kedua negara.
Kegiatan utama kunjungan antara lain melakukan Courtesy dan Pertemuan dengan Oleksandr Myroniuk, Wakil Menteri Pertahanan Ukraina. Pada saat pertemuan, Pihak Ukraina menyampaikan secara resmi surat dari Menteri Pertahanan Ukraina kepada Menteri Pertahanan RI berisikan undangan kepada Menhan RI untuk dapat melakukan kunjungan resmi ke Ukraina pada waktu yang disepakati Bersama.
Untuk lebih mengetahui lebih banyak mengenai kemampuan industri alutsista setempat, Delegasi selanjutnya mengadakan kunjungan ke beberapa perusahaan industri BUMN dan swasta setempat, termasuk, melihat kesiapan 2 (dua) jenis kendaraan angkut pasukan beroda (APC) ‘Kozak II M’ yang dibeli pihak Indonesia dan direncanakan akan diikutkan dalam parade militer dalam rangka perayaan Hari Ulang Tahun Angkatan Bersenjata Republik Indonesia ke-75 bulan Oktober 2020 mendatang.

Last edited:

Raduga

Jul 1, 2019
Country
Austria
Based from this news looks like Indonesia purchased Kozak-2M Armored Vehicle from Ukraine.

Kunjungan Delegasi Kementerian Pertahanan RI ke Ukraina

04/09/2020 16:35 PM

Delegasi Kementerian Pertahanan RI dipimpin Bapak N. Ponang Djawoto (Marsekal Madya Angkatan Udara) selaku Direktur Jenderal Kekuatan Pertahanan-Kementerian Pertahanan RI, telah mengadakan kunjungan kerja ke Kyiv, Ukraina pada 2-4 September 2020. Selain delegasi Kemenhan RI turut hadir pula delegasi PT Pindad dan delegasi PT. LEN Industri.
Kunjungan diadakan sebagai tindak lanjut kunjungan kerja Wakil Menteri Pertahanan RI pada Februari 2020 dan sebagai implementasi Perjanjian Kerja Sama Bilateral Bidang Pertahanan yang telah ditandatangani tahun 2016 dan telah diratifikasi kedua negara.
Kegiatan utama kunjungan antara lain melakukan Courtesy dan Pertemuan dengan Oleksandr Myroniuk, Wakil Menteri Pertahanan Ukraina. Pada saat pertemuan, Pihak Ukraina menyampaikan secara resmi surat dari Menteri Pertahanan Ukraina kepada Menteri Pertahanan RI berisikan undangan kepada Menhan RI untuk dapat melakukan kunjungan resmi ke Ukraina pada waktu yang disepakati Bersama.
Untuk lebih mengetahui lebih banyak mengenai kemampuan industri alutsista setempat, Delegasi selanjutnya mengadakan kunjungan ke beberapa perusahaan industri BUMN dan swasta setempat, termasuk, melihat kesiapan 2 (dua) jenis kendaraan angkut pasukan beroda (APC) ‘Kozak II M’ yang dibeli pihak Indonesia dan direncanakan akan diikutkan dalam parade militer dalam rangka perayaan Hari Ulang Tahun Angkatan Bersenjata Republik Indonesia ke-75 bulan Oktober 2020 mendatang.

bet they're only buying few for our spec ops vehicle , Chaiseri Firstwin , Bushmaster , and now this ......

kooppyyy

New Recruit

Oct 15, 2019
Country
Indonesia
Itu AMRAAM varian lama, F-16C/D Block 25+ gak bisa bawa AMRAAM C7, baru F-16 eMLU yg bisa bawa AMRAAM C7
Indeed. Although to be fair, looking from the "clipped" fins, the second picture does appear to be a "C" variant AMRAAM, probably a C5.
according to one of the pussenkav researcher assesment , the most optimal cavalry cannon for AD medium tank and FSV is hitfact 105 and 120mm(interchangable) , but dont know how CMI and Cockerill won though ....
View attachment 671629
Bear in mind that the report cites Leonardo only as an example, not preference. The fact that the two main requirements are:
-Modular turrets between 105 - 120 calibre
-Meet the General Standardisation Requirement
-Able to fire kinetic penetrator
Hence why the first real mockup of Kaplan MMWT is shown with the XC-8 105/120mm turret, I assume this is to meet the 2nd criteria to simplify maintenance? As our army is already an existing and large operator of Cockerill. But then for some reason, I assume down the road an autoloader came up as a requirement (nevermind I was wrong, XC-8 does also feature autoloader as well) we ended up with the 3105 turret

Every debate end with CAATSA, so why don't we use our indigenous developed Wirajayadi Bahari product

I'm sorry, but isn't this just locally modified Type-89 APC?

Ravager

Aug 22, 2020
Country
Indonesia
Indeed. Although to be fair, looking from the "clipped" fins, the second picture does appear to be a "C" variant AMRAAM, probably a C5.

Bear in mind that the report cites Leonardo only as an example, not preference. The fact that the two main requirements are:
-Modular turrets between 105 - 120 calibre
-Meet the General Standardisation Requirement
-Able to fire kinetic penetrator
Hence why the first real mockup of Kaplan MMWT is shown with the XC-8 105/120mm turret, I assume this is to meet the 2nd criteria to simplify maintenance? As our army is already an existing and large operator of Cockerill. But then for some reason, I assume down the road an autoloader came up as a requirement, so we ended up with the 3105 turret

I'm sorry, but isn't this just locally modified Type-89 APC?
Yes it was .... A chinese made one . That's why that thing was get dragged on by almost a decade by the marine brass . The marine were only asking for two things more BMP3 and LVPT while they do asking for a modern 8x8 they understand the need and merit for standarisation after seeing the Pandur and were on the fence for a while because of it . But , you know the story about it ...

Last edited:

kooppyyy

New Recruit

Oct 15, 2019
Country
Indonesia
Yes it was .... A chinese made one . That's why that thing was get dragged on by almost a decade by the marine brass
Ah I see. So another acquisition project courtesy of THAT group within the navy? I assume it's the same group that forced those FPB with the Chinese based SSM.

Nike

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 28, 2013
Country
Indonesia
Ah I see. So another acquisition project courtesy of THAT group within the navy? I assume it's the same group that forced those FPB with the Chinese based SSM.
with Indonesia now at the crosshair of another big Naval conflict against certain country up North, buying more system from them is not prudent anymore. Better to resolve issue with Israel and joining UAE and Saudi bandwagon right now and take the most important thing we need

Ravager

Aug 22, 2020
Country
Indonesia
Please tell me more... you don't need to say their name of course
Dude , i'm a simple family man . The last thing i want to be situated is when black innova was parking around the neighbourhood and my house was swarmed by a new faces of tukang gorengan , baso , tahu bulat etc ...

You know the drill right ?? But , let just say some element in this country was preferred more short time profit over the well being of our country in the long run . That all i could say ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 24, Members: 1, Guests: 23)