What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Chestnut

Apr 24, 2019
Country
Indonesia
I will be very upset if a good chunk of that money is spent trying to keep the Flankers airworthy.

If they don't want to have an all american fighter fleet for whatever reason they want to come up with then fine, buy a European triangle plane or hell continue on the KFX bandwagon and call it a day.

Just for the love of god don't make the same mistake the Malaysians made by repeatedly throwing money down the Russian maintenance rabbit hole.

Also..

Gee guys, I wonder who that could be? /s

Last edited:

Gundala

Jul 9, 2019
Country
Indonesia
Gee guys, I wonder who that could be?
I dont know, but I am pretty sure its not for China :lol::lol:
And this writing comes while the possibility of future fighter purchase is being discussed? There must be one hell of a "discussion" going on right now. :D

antonius123

Jan 17, 2010
Country
Indonesia
Well If you compare it with Chinese made missile, of course it gonna win..

Not really, on the contrary Exo is weaker.

Exo max speed is only mach 0.93 with max range 180km, while YJ-18 range is 540km max speed 3 mach (terminal phase). YJ-12 is scarier, range max 400km max speed 4 mach with zigzag maneuver at terminal phase.

French is not at the fore front on missile tech including AShM.

Last edited:

nufix

Nov 5, 2012
Country
Indonesia
I will be very upset if a good chunk of that money is spent trying to keep the Flankers airworthy.

If they don't want to have an all american fighter fleet for whatever reason they want to come up with then fine, buy a European triangle plane or hell continue on the KFX bandwagon and call it a day.

Just for the love of god don't make the same mistake the Malaysians made by repeatedly throwing money down the Russian maintenance rabbit hole.

Also..

Gee guys, I wonder who that could be? /s
Most likely US. There was some rumor that US is keen to upgrade its relationship with Indonesia to a higher level.

Chestnut

Apr 24, 2019
Country
Indonesia
What Antonius said. The study is skewed. Modern Chinese AShM's like the YJ series are much more impressive than the C-705's and 802's that they export.

Exocets are unfortunately lagging behind and if they did a study including the YJ series along with newer NATO missiles like the NSM it would put the Exocet at a much more unfavorable light.

I dont know, but I am pretty sure its not for China :lol::lol:
And this writing comes while the possibility of future fighter purchase is being discussed? There must be one hell of a "discussion" going on right now. :D
Most likely US. There was some rumor that US is keen to upgrade its relationship with Indonesia to a higher level.
*Yankee Doodle intensifies in the distance*

nufix

Nov 5, 2012
Country
Indonesia
What Antonius said. The study is skewed. Modern Chinese AShM's like the YJ series are much more impressive than the C-705's and 802's that they export.

Exocets are unfortunately lagging behind and if they did a study including the YJ series along with newer NATO missiles like the NSM it would put the Exocet at a much more unfavorable light.

*Yankee Doodle intensifies in the distance*
Maybe the study is based on what TNI AL can get their hands on. No point comparing Exo to YJ series if TNI AL has no chance of having them in its inventory.

Nike

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 28, 2013
Country
Indonesia
Should be compared to Otomat latest variant or NSM. China strangely put the same path of Russian, they clearly Made "export" variants of their Missiles system

Chestnut

Apr 24, 2019
Country
Indonesia
Maybe the study is based on what TNI AL can get their hands on. No point comparing Exo to YJ series if TNI AL has no chance of having them in its inventory.
The YJ-12 has an export variant, the CM-302, which I don't doubt the Navy can get their hands on if they wanted to. The Harpoon and NSM were already offered to the Navy as well.

If anything you can say that this study was done to compare the missiles that they have in inventory, but to say that the Exocet would be the best missile that the Navy can procure is just intellectually dishonest on UnHan's part.

NEKONEKO

Aug 13, 2015
Country
Indonesia
I don't think YJ can be installed on KCR.

Itu bukannya cuman makalah biasa aja, bukan resmi penilaian dari AL.

Whizzack

Jul 10, 2019
Country
Indonesia
Can confirm, but it's not the time to explain this further right now
It's really is a no brainer to guess that the US is the likely partner looking for such expanded cooperation with us... it's not like a nation like East Timor will be making such requests would they..?
The real question is :
1. What does this "logistics cooperation" entails..? Military ships from various countries have been making visits to our ports for years and there was never a need for any specific logistics cooperation agreement before...
2. Our gov reaction to this cooperation proposal and the possible response...
3. Are there any additional tangible benefits to us..? Other than some generic statements like "better cooperation with the US" or "gaining the goodwill of the US".
4. Are there anything in our law or constitution that may hamper such agreements..?

trishna_amṛta

Jun 4, 2018
Country
Indonesia
it's not like a nation like East Timor will be making such requests would they..?
Could be Australia :cheers::lol:

The real question is :
1. What does this "logistics cooperation" entails..? Military ships from various countries have been making visits to our ports for years and there was never a need for any specific logistics cooperation agreement before...
2. Our gov reaction to this cooperation proposal and the possible response...
3. Are there any additional tangible benefits to us..? Other than some generic statements like "better cooperation with the US" or "gaining the goodwill of the US".
4. Are there anything in our law or constitution that may hamper such agreements..?
  1. The term "logistics" (plural) can be interpret broadly albeit it still doesn't entice to "direct action"
  2. There will be domestic political respond without doubt. And I'm sure our VP will be the one who will be dealing with it
  3. the Goodwill of the Federal Government of USA :usflag: (which is a lot)
  4. As long it doesn't blatantly said anything about "alliance"

Gundala

Jul 9, 2019
Country
Indonesia
If its US then its prolly like whats they have with Singapore now. And I dont think its Australia, they can easily have it from Malaysia and they already have Butterworth for aircraft base.

Nike

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 28, 2013
Country
Indonesia
Sejumlah Kontrak Bidang Pertahanan Berhasil Diperoleh PT Len Tahun Ini

21 Agustus 2020

PT Len mendapatkan pekerjaan modernisasi MRLF MLM (Multi Role Light Frigate) KRI Usman Harun (graphic : Royyan Arianto)

PT Len Revisi RKAP 2020 Jadi Rp4,2 Triliun

Bisnis.com, BANDUNG -- PT Len Industri (Persero) merevisi target atau Rencana Kerja Anggaran Perusahaan (RKAP) dari semula menagetkan capaian pendapatan sebesar Rp5,7 triliun direvisi menjadi Rp4,2 triliun.

Penyesuaian RKAP tersebut dilakukan lantaran sejumlah kontrak yang semula akan dilakukan tahun ini harus tertunda akibat pandemi Covid-19.

“Tahun lalu Len berhasil membukukan pendapatan Rp4,2 triliun. Tahun ini memang tidak mudah dan banyak penyesuaian, sehingga 2020 ini kami ingin fokus mempertahankan pencapaian tahun lalu," jelas Direktur Utama Len Industri Zakky Gamal Yasin, Rabu (19/8/2020).

Struktur pendapatan yang didapat pada tahun lalu di antaranya bersumber dari transportasi perkeretaapian 34,7%, renewable energy 18,7%, ICT dan navigasi 22,3%, pertahanan 15,9%, dan 8,4% dari pendapatan lainnya.

Kontrak-kontrak pertahanan

Selain bergantung pada proyek carry over, tahun ini Len Industri juga telah mengantongi sejumlah proyek baru. Proyek-proyek baru tersebut antara lain perbaikan Sista Meriam Komposit TD2000, Modernisasi Kapal Multi Role Light Frigate (MRLF), perbaikan Simulator ATNP Kolat Armada dan Simulator NFS Kolat Armada, pengadaan Alkom dan Intercomm, dan proyek Joint Production Pesawat Terbang Tanpa Awak (PTTA) jenis Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE).

Di bidang non-pertahanan, perusahaan juga telah mengantongi proyek-proyek baru, seperti proyek Jaringan Gas (Jargas) Rumah Tangga Serang 6111SR, Penerangan Jalan Umum (PJU), Persinyalan dan Telekomunikasi (Sintel) jalur Makassar – Parepare, jalur Bogor – Cicurug, dan jalur Kedundang – New Yogyakarta International Airport (NYIA), pemelliharan Radar Cuaca dan Sistem Monitoring Gempa Bumi BMKG, dan juga proyek Managed Service Partner BRIBox.

Agar target 2020 tercapai, Len Industri telah merancang program quick wins 2020. Program ini salah satunya berupa penguatan produksi radar dan penguatan posisi perusahaan di pasar pertahanan, seperti mejadi lead integrator radar dan integrator naval combat system di Indonesia.

Program quick wins 2020 juga difokuskan pada peningkatan kompetensi SDM, penguatan kondisi finansial perusahaan, optimalisasi program inovasi bisnis dan pengembangan produk/teknologi, serta penetrasi dan ekspansi bisnis. Selain itu, mulai tahun 2020 ini, Len Industri telah melakukan transformasi proses bisnis melalui penerapan Len 5.0 ERP System.

"Dengan mengantongi sejumlah proyek baru dan penerapan program-program perbaikan kinerja perusahan, kami optimistis akan tembus target tahun 2020," pungkasnya.

(Bisnis)

¿Por qué?

New Recruit

Jul 26, 2020
Country
Indonesia
Can confirm, but it's not the time to explain this further right now
If this means that there will be no longer (or at least much less) military stuff embargo/sanction/banning possibilities in the future, AND, we can get F-35s sooner, then I'm willing to scrap the "full Russian" ideas and thoroughly support this.

But I still want the S-400 though:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)