What's new

Indian nuclear deterrence has failed. Here is why.

newb3e

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2007
Country
Pakistan
Glad that you are going back to homework.In another ten or fifteen years' time you will be looking for a job. You'l wish then that you had studied more, instead of making feeble posts on line.:D
haha

bad comeback old man! try harder next time.

xyx007

Nov 27, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Didnt your are- What?

Yes I did read the notice and I am satisfied that Both India and China are in negotiations.
You agree this notice is a shut-up call to your media because your import trade from china stagnated around $85 billion, while the whole Indian economy depended on Chinese products.
Despite bilateral tensions on the border, you guys are ready to sacrifice your area but don't want to lose this trade deficit from your economy. So, now we can say here your nuclear bomb deterrence against china is just bluff .right? It doesn't pay the purpose of protecting your area.

Taimoor Khan

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 20, 2016
Country
Pakistan
What a relief! Certificates issued, permits stamped. Freedom at last, from - what did they say about the wisest fool in Christendom?
Nothing.

Now back to page one, there are several writeups, news and articles for your education relating to the thread under discussion. Now chop chop.

I wonder if it's time to dig out the loud, braying posts made at the time of the Doklam confrontation, predicting imminent humiliation for India, complete ruin, the dissolution of Indian military morale, the conquest of Assam by Pakistan, and so many other millennial visions.
Humiliation is in your own hand, we just take pleasure watching you lot suffer it.

It was interesting to hear one of your kind defining the concept of "deterrence" as something that is being activated when the nation will be on the brink. Is this what they teach you? I am genuinely interested.

ChennaiDude

Dec 18, 2011
Country
United States
You agree this notice is a shut-up call to your media because your import trade from china stagnated around $85 billion, while the whole Indian economy depended on Chinese products.
Despite bilateral tensions on the border, you guys are ready to sacrifice your area but don't want to lose this trade deficit from your economy. So, now we can say here your nuclear bomb deterrence against china is just bluff .right? It doesn't pay the purpose of protecting your area.
No wrong- Nuclear deterrence is equated to trade- I lost you there buddy!

xyx007

Nov 27, 2017
Country
Pakistan
No wrong- Nuclear deterrence is equated to trade- I lost you there buddy!
Why are you guys always in denial mode. These Rafael or Missile weapons were given to you by the west, not for Trade but to flex your muscles against China. We will see how the west tolerates you and will enjoy your humiliation from the far end.
Your denial mode nature is already upsetting America big time; the US just showed you here eyes.

https://thewire.in/external-affairs/us-india-religious-freedom

Last edited:

ChennaiDude

Dec 18, 2011
Country
United States
Why are you guys always in denial mode. These Rafael or Missile weapons were given to you by the west, not for Trade but to flex your muscles against China. We will see how the west tolerates you and will enjoy your humiliation from the far end.
Your denial mode nature already upsetting America big time, US just showed you eyes here:

https://thewire.in/external-affairs/us-india-religious-freedom
What is it that you are trying to convey- Can you please articulate your thoughts a little better- You Equated trade with Deterrence/ Rafael/Missile Weapons (Whatever that means) and finally US showed you eyes here- I would just wave the white flag if I have to go to war with you on a keyboard.

xyx007

Nov 27, 2017
Country
Pakistan
What is it that you are trying to convey- Can you please articulate your thoughts a little better- You Equated trade with Deterrence/ Rafael/Missile Weapons (Whatever that means) and finally US showed you eyes here- I would just wave the white flag if I have to go to war with you on a keyboard.
nice- lol

xyx007

Nov 27, 2017
Country
Pakistan
All good my friend just friendly banter- nothing personal.
We are both patriots and love our nations. My point here is, In recent clashes on the border between you and China, the West is analyzing your capability in light of its new strategic interactions with the United States and U.S. allies in the Asia-Pacific region. Whatever weapon you get from West (N-Bomb, Rafel, Missile, IT crew, or your CEO ) is not free of cost. You have to earn it, otherwise, get ready for all sanctions descendent upon you from the West.

surya kiran

Feb 23, 2012
Country
India
Pakistan doesn't need ICBMS and the west would cry so much that we could solve the water crisis if we ever tested one.
Pakistan needs SLBMs. SLCMs can still be intercepted. But if you have an SLBM with range, you could launch from near the coast of Africa or from near Oman far from Indian airborne assets. This would need both range and a sub capable to carrying them.

ChennaiDude

Dec 18, 2011
Country
United States
We are both patriots and love our nations. My point here is, In recent clashes on the border between you and China, the West is analyzing your capability in light of its new strategic interactions with the United States and U.S. allies in the Asia-Pacific region. Whatever weapon you get from West (N-Bomb, Rafel, Missile, IT crew, or your CEO ) is not free of cost. You have to earn it, otherwise, get ready for all sanctions descendent upon you from the West.
I agree and thats a fact. Nothing is free-India needs to take a side and they have to do it now- But again the West needs India more to contain China- So now they have to earn India's support as well- I am sure you know how Indians in general operate- "Its always what is in it for me".

Thamizh Puli

BANNED
Aug 24, 2019
Country
India
wow! a whole long (as of now 7 pages!) thread based on the OP's ignorant knowledge of Kargil war. Simple summary:

1. India does not see Pakistan as a major adversary - it is too small. Once Pakistan acquired nuclear weapons, though a bit late India made amends to its 1st strike constraint. Then when Musharraf tried to act smart, a few targeted bombs were sufficient.

2. China is a major power so there is some point in building deterrence against them. So nothing has changed, it is still pointed to China, the strategy.

if you guys in Pakistan need something to feel good about, instead of this sort of nonsense, just go watch a bollywood movie or a turkish drama and pretend it is all about Pakistan. Or any Disney movie like Cinderella or Snowwhite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom