the question was not when India will become a folly state but why it has become one! If better giddies were offered by the west why buy the Rafael ? Why not the f-35 or f-18 or f-15?No... We will not become a folly state... We always maintain arm length when it comes to sovereignty... We learnt from Pakistan's mistakes of getting involved in unrelated wars..
If we see a slightest indication that Indian leaders are deviating from India first policy, we ruthlessly remove the leaders....
In next few days new negative import list is going to come... West has to bring best of best weapons to woo India... We are recognised as reasonable and responsible nation...
Thank you for the response.I get the if’s and buts .......yet india is changing her forever policies and is trying to become a regional power. It wants to change the world it lives in with the help of the west. Case and point
1) Let’s call Kashmir, Ladakh, galwaan ,Tibet ......part of India
2) let’s join QUAD and antagonize a global superpower China with constituents that will never come to defend us
3)stay away from regional trade intiatives which China is part or leading Belt and road , Asian TPP trade forum which all other members of the QUAD are part of.
4)try a land war with China ..... by building roads so the Chinese army can come crashing down from the north. This was the main thing that stoped the Chinese in 1962.
5) turn from a perceived secular country to a bigoted Hindu country.
All these are movement from India’s stated position. Meaning there is a change in the air all of India’s strengths are being reduced while weakness being pronounced
Oh so you are one of those......Thank you for the response.
Let me answer each to the best of my ability.
1) Let’s call Kashmir, Ladakh, galwaan ,Tibet ......part of India - Kashmir & Ladakh are part of India. No ifs. No buts. In hindi/urdu "Kisi mein itna dum nahin hai ke ye dono humse cheen le".
Can you give me one govt article or statement which says Tibet is part of India? Indian govt by default supports the One-China policy. Don't tell me you are taking these from Twitter trolls.
2) let’s join QUAD and antagonize a global superpower China...- Well well. Screw CCP. We will do whatever is to our benefit. We have the ability to match China on our western front, man to man & machine-to-machine & at the same time not leave our eastern border unguarded. You and everyone saw that. We aren't Ukraine waiting for NATO to come & help us. Also to jog your memory - SEATO, CENTO.
3)stay away from regional trade intiatives - What trade initiatives. We have done ok till now without these so-called China-centric trade initiatives. How will these help us? All this BRI is hogwash. That said if it benefits you. Then go ahead with full steam.
Anyways we do business with China. We don't ask for alms. Forget 2020 where the whole world has been brought down by CCP Virus. Check our goods & services export numbers from 2019. We have our own market & export markets. We are not overly worried about China. There is a place in this world for everyone. Look at Bangladesh & how its exports are growing. Also, heard about DMIC?
4)try a land war with China - Well China imposed a stand-off. We responded with alacrity & matched the PLA. If they really wanted a war. What is stopping them? As per you, they are anyways a superpower.
5) turn from a perceived secular country to a bigoted Hindu country - Don't get me started. It really doesn't matter what a religious extremist country's citizen thinks. You have the blasphemy law which has been much misused. How many minorities are left in Pakistan? What were minority numbers in west Pak vis-a-vis India in 1947 & what are they now. We have done a much much better job.
All these are movement from India’s stated position. Meaning there is a change in the air all of India’s strengths are being reduced while weakness being pronounced - There is definitely a change in the air. The perceived passivity of the Indian state is out of the window.
We are not trying we are an Asian power. Both economically & militarily. Our time will come when we become a world power to reckon with. We are not in a hurry like China. Practically speaking we cannot match what China has achieved over the past 2 decades. But, we will get there at our own speed & with the chaotic decision making that comes with a 1.3B democracy.