What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??


  • Total voters
    129

doublemaster

FULL MEMBER
Jul 31, 2012
1,076
1
533
Country
India
Location
India
Italy foreign minister resigns over marines' return to India | Reuters

(Reuters) - Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi resigned on Tuesday over his government's decision to return two marines to India to face trial for the murder of local fishermen while on anti-piracy duty.

"I can no longer be part of this government and I announce my resignation," Terzi said during testimony to the lower house of parliament. "My reservations about sending the marines back to India were not listened to."
 

KRAIT

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 14, 2012
16,974
-27
27,222
Country
India
Location
India
@arp2041 I think North East states deserve this special status. They were never taken care of like other states.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

The_Showstopper

SENIOR MEMBER
Mar 6, 2011
6,718
-3
3,968
Country
India
Location
India
'Only' Rahul Gandhi will become PM: Congress

NEW DELHI: Amid a renewed debate over the Congress prime ministerial candidate, the party on Tuesday expressed confidence that "only" Rahul Gandhi will become the prime minister and take the country forward.

"All the workers and leaders of Congress wish from the core of their heart that Rahul Gandhi becomes prime minister of the country. We are confident that only Rahul will become the prime minister of the country.

"He has, in him, all the qualities required to be the prime minister. Rahul Gandhi has in own way of thinking and is farsighted. We are confident that whenever he becomes the prime minister, Rahul will be a competent prime minister and will take the country forward," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.

The issue of Rahul's projection as the prime ministerial candidate seemed to take a different turn with the Congress leader himself, in a conversation with party MPs a few days back, telling them that his focus was to strengthen the party and it was wrong to ask him about prime ministership.

AICC general secretary Digvijaya Singh, however, on Tuesday told reporters that Rahul never refused it (prime ministership).

"He (Rahul) has never refused it...If the people of this country want it, then why won't he become (prime minister)," Singh said suggesting that his remarks were misinterpreted.

Singh had on Monday told a television channel that he strongly feels that when time comes and if the Congress gets majority or it is in a position to form government, "... Rahul Gandhi should take the call".



'Only' Rahul Gandhi will become PM: Congress - The Times of India
 

Kaniska

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 11, 2011
9,069
4
8,330
Country
United States
Location
India

He is the same CM, who shouted, Learn from Gujarat, we are passing surplus budget. How his budget was defictit? He took lon of 15k Cr to balance his 11kcr and remaining 3-4kCr showed as savings!!:cheesy:

After he took over debt more than trippled.



Recent debt news from Gujarat:
Gujarat

Gandhinagar: The state government’s debt has increased to a staggering Rs.1.35 lakh crore as of January 2013, the government disclosed in the assembly on February 28.

The state’s total debt was Rs.1.23 lakh crore as of April 1, 2012, which means it went up by more than Rs.12,500 crore in just 10 months.

The interest outgo on the debt would be more than Rs.10,000 crore. The Center has extended loan of Rs.8,414 crore to the state government.

Figures provided by Finance Minister Nitin Patel in the assembly show that the government’s debt has zoomed in the recent years. The debt stood at Rs. 98,010 crore at the end of 2009-10, which rose to Rs.1.10 lakh crore in 2010-11 and to Rs.1.23 lakh crore in 2011-12.
The data also shows the huge outgo of the government for servicing of the loans.

“The government paid interest of Rs.7,703 crore in 2009-10, Rs.8,562 crore in 2010-11 and Rs.9,840 crore in 2011-12,”Patel said. The reply also said that the debts accrued by the government were well within the permitted limits.

@doublemaster ...I think you have raised some of the valid points....and so do every one with their respective party affiliation will have similar kind of justification and reasons to follow....So the bottom line is that our political system is politically corrupt....
So when someone says that someone is good or bad...that should not be perceived in absolute sense rather than comparative sense....The fact is that you can present so many facts and reasons, but if Modi has not some good work then i think in this age of communication, people will not brought him to power for 3rd consecutive term....That signifies that at least people of Gujurat are getting what they want....This should not be any subject of doubt..
But again, so called secularist will point finger like so what there are so many other CM like Modi too...Like Shivraj Chauhan, Raman Singh, Naveen Pattanaik, Nitish Kumar,Tarun Gogoi and of course Congress party face saver Sheila Dixit....
But the difference of Modi from others is that Modi has a political influence that is Pan Indian or you can say in otherwords, Modi has projected himself as a PAN Indian leader where none of the other leaders even dare to go out of their comfort zone....
If see the trend, now people in general are ready to accept leader who is successful and who can fulfil aspiration of people....rather than just making execuse of everything....This is a factor in which Modi leads the show than other leaders of todays political spectrum..

So basically my point is that the support of Modi is due to multiple factors

1- Leader who can aspire and think big
2- Leader who at least can give us a dream and proven track record of sucessfull leadership.
3- Nationalistic appeal...I think at the present set of politician he is perceived to the only leader who is fiercly patriotic and nationalistic...I know that you will context my statemnet, but the issue is that as long as some one else with equal calibre wrt Modi does not come up, he will remain in high position in the mind of the people

4- People are devoid of any choice to choose any leader after being fed up from Congress...And believe me, the this category of people are more in terms of % population who are supporting Modi...If Congress can at least project a leader like Nitish or Shivraj Chauhan then may be this section of people might have gone for Congress rather than Modi....


So ultimately, it is the comparative perception that holds the key...Because every one who is posting here is completely aware that in Indian dirty politics no one is saint...But at least we can choose who is better among st the worst....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

KS

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 1, 2010
12,528
0
13,403
Country
India
Location
United States
PM-Sonia model of 'two power centres' a failure, Digvijaya Singh says - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

NEW DELHI: Congress leader Digvijaya Singh dubbed the experiment of "two power centres" in UPA as a failure and said Rahul Gandhi should not repeat Sonia Gandhi's decision to nominate a leader as prime minister.

"Personally, I feel this model hasn't worked very well. Because, I personally feel there should not be two power centres and I think whoever is the PM must have the authority to function," the Congress general secretary said in a TV interview.

While Singh clarified that Sonia had never interfered in government functioning during the two UPA stints, his comment marked the first frank assessment of the split leadership of government and party post-2004.


Does he mean the current PM does not have the authority to function as he seems fit ? :lol:
 

doublemaster

FULL MEMBER
Jul 31, 2012
1,076
1
533
Country
India
Location
India
@doublemaster ...I think you have raised some of the valid points....and so do every one with their respective party affiliation will have similar kind of justification and reasons to follow....So the bottom line is that our political system is politically corrupt....
So when someone says that someone is good or bad...that should not be perceived in absolute sense rather than comparative sense....The fact is that you can present so many facts and reasons, but if Modi has not some good work then i think in this age of communication, people will not brought him to power for 3rd consecutive term....That signifies that at least people of Gujurat are getting what they want....This should not be any subject of doubt..
But again, so called secularist will point finger like so what there are so many other CM like Modi too...Like Shivraj Chauhan, Raman Singh, Naveen Pattanaik, Nitish Kumar,Tarun Gogoi and of course Congress party face saver Sheila Dixit....
But the difference of Modi from others is that Modi has a political influence that is Pan Indian or you can say in otherwords, Modi has projected himself as a PAN Indian leader where none of the other leaders even dare to go out of their comfort zone....
If see the trend, now people in general are ready to accept leader who is successful and who can fulfil aspiration of people....rather than just making execuse of everything....This is a factor in which Modi leads the show than other leaders of todays political spectrum..

So basically my point is that the support of Modi is due to multiple factors

1- Leader who can aspire and think big
2- Leader who at least can give us a dream and proven track record of sucessfull leadership.
3- Nationalistic appeal...I think at the present set of politician he is perceived to the only leader who is fiercly patriotic and nationalistic...I know that you will context my statemnet, but the issue is that as long as some one else with equal calibre wrt Modi does not come up, he will remain in high position in the mind of the people

4- People are devoid of any choice to choose any leader after being fed up from Congress...And believe me, the this category of people are more in terms of % population who are supporting Modi...If Congress can at least project a leader like Nitish or Shivraj Chauhan then may be this section of people might have gone for Congress rather than Modi....


So ultimately, it is the comparative perception that holds the key...Because every one who is posting here is completely aware that in Indian dirty politics no one is saint...But at least we can choose who is better among st the worst....

1- Leader who can aspire and think big
>> I have clearly showed earlier, His report card is not so good like many think. Most of the places he was consistently ranked 3rd after Bihar and Maharastra. But if we say from the numbers nitish is better PM, then modi lovers dont accept. Why because lot of propoganda is done on behalf of modi which has gone deep inside their heart. Plus i am sure only other reason is Ntish is not a muslim hater. So, why do you say him patriotic? Because he gives big empty speeches? Any one can speak like that. But if speech is from modi all his so called fans will propogate that in every corner of the world. Isnt his government corrupt? He doesnt even chose to answer CAG queries. He doesnt want even lokayukta on one side and other side he is the face of the party which "acts" as if it wants anna hazare strong lokpal. Do you preffer this kind of dictator who doesnt want to be under supervision to lead our country?

Morover he will not be NDA PM candidate for sure. So if he is not the candidate then still will you vote this party?

2- Leader who at least can give us a dream and proven track record of sucessfull leadership.
>> Prove me in numbers how much he is successful in leading gujarath. dont show me one or two areas/projects.About the leadership If you are talking about only leadership i honestly consider sonia gandhi is the most clever or most successful leader. She successfully managed to rule UPA-1, UPA-2. Still 99.99% her party want her as the leader. Modi before entering delhi itself could create devision. Surely he cant lead coalition which is most likely in 2014 election.
3. Why do u consider him patriotic? I dont think there is any problem with patriotism in most of the politician. Modi is no different from any other politician. Only thing is he keep claiming it.
4. People are mis-led about MMS. He is still better candidate for me, Even though my choice would be less corrupt communists or may be even AAP.

As long as BJP doesnt change its policy of deviding people based on religion. Congress policies are still ok. They have worked for all community. They have spent crores of Rs for Kashmiri pundits. In the same way they have worked for muslims and other religion.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

The_Showstopper

SENIOR MEMBER
Mar 6, 2011
6,718
-3
3,968
Country
India
Location
India
1- Leader who can aspire and think big
>> I have clearly showed earlier, His report card is not so good like many think. Most of the places he was consistently ranked 3rd after Bihar and Maharastra. But if we say from the numbers nitish is better PM, then modi lovers dont accept. Why because lot of propoganda is done on behalf of modi which has gone deep inside their heart. Plus i am sure only other reason is Ntish is not a muslim hater. So, why do you say him patriotic? Because he gives big empty speeches? Any one can speak like that. But if speech is from modi all his so called fans will propogate that in every corner of the world. Isnt his government corrupt? He doesnt even chose to answer CAG queries. He doesnt want even lokayukta on one side and other side he is the face of the party which "acts" as if it wants anna hazare strong lokpal. Do you preffer this kind of dictator who doesnt want to be under supervision to lead our country?

Morover he will not be NDA PM candidate for sure. So if he is not the candidate then still will you vote this party?

2- Leader who at least can give us a dream and proven track record of sucessfull leadership.
>> Prove me in numbers how much he is successful in leading gujarath. dont show me one or two areas/projects.About the leadership If you are talking about only leadership i honestly consider sonia gandhi is the most clever or most successful leader. She successfully managed to rule UPA-1, UPA-2. Still 99.99% her party want her as the leader. Modi before entering delhi itself could create devision. Surely he cant lead coalition which is most likely in 2014 election.
3. Why do u consider him patriotic? I dont think there is any problem with patriotism in most of the politician. Modi is no different from any other politician. Only thing is he keep claiming it.
4. People are mis-led about MMS. He is still better candidate for me, Even though my choice would be less corrupt communists or may be even AAP.

As long as BJP doesnt change its policy of deviding people based on religion. Congress policies are still ok. They have worked for all community. They have spent crores of Rs for Kashmiri pundits. In the same way they have worked for muslims and other religion.

BJP could be dividing people on basis of religion but even congress is no better. All these years what it has done was keep muslims in a sense of victim, they never really worked for Indian muslims but only gave a lolli-pop whenever they deemed it necessary and left them hungry rest of the time. Congress has a habit of playing both the tunes. It played into the hands of fundamentalists(both Hindu and muslim). Remember Shah bano or Babri masjid...! I would instead prefer AAP or Lok Satta.....:agree:
 

KS

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 1, 2010
12,528
0
13,403
Country
India
Location
United States
1- Leader who can aspire and think big
>> I have clearly showed earlier, His report card is not so good like many think. Most of the places he was consistently ranked 3rd after Bihar and Maharastra. But if we say from the numbers nitish is better PM, then modi lovers dont accept. Why because lot of propoganda is done on behalf of modi which has gone deep inside their heart. Plus i am sure only other reason is Ntish is not a muslim hater. So, why do you say him patriotic? Because he gives big empty speeches? Any one can speak like that. But if speech is from modi all his so called fans will propogate that in every corner of the world. Isnt his government corrupt? He doesnt even chose to answer CAG queries. He doesnt want even lokayukta on one side and other side he is the face of the party which "acts" as if it wants anna hazare strong lokpal. Do you preffer this kind of dictator who doesnt want to be under supervision to lead our country?

Morover he will not be NDA PM candidate for sure. So if he is not the candidate then still will you vote this party?

2- Leader who at least can give us a dream and proven track record of sucessfull leadership.
>> Prove me in numbers how much he is successful in leading gujarath. dont show me one or two areas/projects.About the leadership If you are talking about only leadership i honestly consider sonia gandhi is the most clever or most successful leader. She successfully managed to rule UPA-1, UPA-2. Still 99.99% her party want her as the leader. Modi before entering delhi itself could create devision. Surely he cant lead coalition which is most likely in 2014 election.
3. Why do u consider him patriotic? I dont think there is any problem with patriotism in most of the politician. Modi is no different from any other politician. Only thing is he keep claiming it.
4. People are mis-led about MMS. He is still better candidate for me, Even though my choice would be less corrupt communists or may be even AAP.

As long as BJP doesnt change its policy of deviding people based on religion. Congress policies are still ok. They have worked for all community. They have spent crores of Rs for Kashmiri pundits. In the same way they have worked for muslims and other religion.

You have not shown *anything*.

Gujarat is not only about numbers. But about governance. Something you can experience only if you are there.

I've been there and I know what I am talking about.

Things like improving the overall efficiency in governance, cutting the red tape etc dont get reflected in figures.

Maharashtra is what it is because of Mumbai. Period. In 2011 Maharashtra's economy was 221 billion and Mumbai alone contributed 170 billion. Take out Mumbai and you have a very very skewed figure. And this is not to mention the complete mis-administration that has ruined the governance.

As for Bihar, no doubt they have made great strides, but as biharis like @jha point out, it was Nitish's first tenure that was superb. Now he is just another politician. Maybe @jha can explain it better as he is a native.

You love him or hate him, as of now, Narendra Modi is the best leader in India.

Regarding your point about Sonia, no doubt she has been a great leader, but that of Congress and no that of the nation.

And who said Modi is dividing, yesterday BJP has alos said they are open to Modi. So that makes SS, BJD, ADMK, Akali and MNS as of now. As I said, no one is untouchable in Indian politics. If BJP gets sufficient numbers, somewhere around 180, allies would be pouring into NDA camp. Wait and watch.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

The_Showstopper

SENIOR MEMBER
Mar 6, 2011
6,718
-3
3,968
Country
India
Location
India
Two good arguments but what a let down to know that you are just two more delusional guys (of the Alice in Wonderland proportion) to add to the lot here.:lol:


I do understand that these parties don't have a huge voter base and atleast for now they don't really stand a chance of making any major inroads. And I am not speaking about winning ability of these parties but their work... Anyways which party do you think are we better off electing(mainstream parties)?
 

Echo_419

ELITE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
13,131
-4
9,583
Country
India
Location
Canada
@mediacrooks - th twitter handle of the guy who runs the site mediacrooks.com has been hacked mostly by the dirty tricks dept of Congress. How low can these guys stoop to, to maintain power ?


They can go to any heights of lowness to stay in power
Look how the are playing the Bihar card
 

Kaniska

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 11, 2011
9,069
4
8,330
Country
United States
Location
India
I do understand that these parties don't have a huge voter base and atleast for now they don't really stand a chance of making any major inroads. And I am not speaking about winning ability of these parties but their work...

Yes..but i would like to Say that AAP is a good party...Once it is a popular, people might think as an alternative of BJP/Congress...

1- Leader who can aspire and think big
>> I have clearly showed earlier, His report card is not so good like many think. Most of the places he was consistently ranked 3rd after Bihar and Maharastra. But if we say from the numbers nitish is better PM, then modi lovers dont accept. Why because lot of propoganda is done on behalf of modi which has gone deep inside their heart. Plus i am sure only other reason is Ntish is not a muslim hater. So, why do you say him patriotic? Because he gives big empty speeches? Any one can speak like that. But if speech is from modi all his so called fans will propogate that in every corner of the world. Isnt his government corrupt? He doesnt even chose to answer CAG queries. He doesnt want even lokayukta on one side and other side he is the face of the party which "acts" as if it wants anna hazare strong lokpal. Do you preffer this kind of dictator who doesnt want to be under supervision to lead our country?

Morover he will not be NDA PM candidate for sure. So if he is not the candidate then still will you vote this party?

2- Leader who at least can give us a dream and proven track record of sucessfull leadership.
>> Prove me in numbers how much he is successful in leading gujarath. dont show me one or two areas/projects.About the leadership If you are talking about only leadership i honestly consider sonia gandhi is the most clever or most successful leader. She successfully managed to rule UPA-1, UPA-2. Still 99.99% her party want her as the leader. Modi before entering delhi itself could create devision. Surely he cant lead coalition which is most likely in 2014 election.
3. Why do u consider him patriotic? I dont think there is any problem with patriotism in most of the politician. Modi is no different from any other politician. Only thing is he keep claiming it.
4. People are mis-led about MMS. He is still better candidate for me, Even though my choice would be less corrupt communists or may be even AAP.

As long as BJP doesnt change its policy of deviding people based on religion. Congress policies are still ok. They have worked for all community. They have spent crores of Rs for Kashmiri pundits. In the same way they have worked for muslims and other religion.

It is the pathetic policy of Nehru for which Kashmir has been internatilezed....Congress has to support Kashmir Pandits..becuase it is the 1st time in our hostroy that our own people are refugee of our own nation....So do you think that Congress has some any other choice rather than doing that?...Please donot bring Kashmir in to it...Once you bring Kashmir issue....It will change all rational argument associated with our discussion...Because for Kashmir issue, i donot want to bring any kind of rationality as i feel there should be any rule in just elminating the anti indian people from that valley....
 

The_Showstopper

SENIOR MEMBER
Mar 6, 2011
6,718
-3
3,968
Country
India
Location
India
Yes..but i would like to Say that AAP is a good party...Once it is a popular, people might think as an alternative of BJP/Congress...

Agreed but let's hope it won't dilute its ethics and good work which has been the case with most organisations...

It is the pathetic policy of Nehru for which Kashmir has been internatilezed....Congress has to support Kashmir Pandits..becuase it is the 1st time in our hostroy that our own people are refugee of our own nation....So do you think that Congress has some any other choice rather than doing that?...Please donot bring Kashmir in to it...Once you bring Kashmir issue....It will change all rational argument associated with our discussion...Because for Kashmir issue, i donot want to bring any kind of rationality as i feel there should be any rule in just elminating the anti indian people from that valley....

Sorry for going off topic but when speaking of rationality, shouldn't we respect the choice of Kashmiris including Pandits instead of imposing our own thoughts??
 

Kaniska

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 11, 2011
9,069
4
8,330
Country
United States
Location
India
Agreed but let's hope it won't dilute its ethics and good work which has been the case with most organisations...



Sorry for going off topic but when speaking of rationality, shouldn't we respect the choice of Kashmiris including Pandits instead of imposing our own thoughts??

First and foremost we should respect the choice of those Kashmiri who show their integrity towards India, for rest of them they should be treated anti National people. And coming to the rationality accorded to the people of Kashmiri people, I agree with you 100% with an additional attribute that rationality should be associated with people who Love to be part of INDIA not to anyone else...
 

Executioner

FULL MEMBER
Jun 15, 2011
420
0
157
I really wish to BJP come in power this time but there is no sign they are not going to win the election. Last time they smashing each other and still they have internal issue which is not going to solve soon. Let's see.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Top Bottom