What's new

Indian 2.5T economy may shrink by 1T....

Flight of falcon

May 22, 2019
Country
Canada
This is getting worse by the day. Colossal mismanagement by RSS/Modi is causing Indian economy to crash. Meanwhile RSS is busy killing Muslims and poor Dalits are left to walk home on foot......unbelievable situation .

Indian Economy Will Contract by Over 10 Percent in FY21, With Potential Losses of USD 1 Trillion, Says Arthur D. Little Report

Bold measures are needed for Indian economy to recover

May 20, 2020 05:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Global management consultancy Arthur D. Little (ADL), today released a new report that aims to provide a realistic picture of the economic impact COVID-19 has had on India, and what is needed to rebuild a dynamic and equitable economy. The report, titled India: Surmounting the economic challenges posed by COVID-19, provides a 10-point program to revive and power India’s post-COVID-19 economy.

“The government recovery program needs to provide a comprehensive safety net for vulnerable sections and support micro, small and medium enterprises. Clear policy announcements, comprehensive safety nets and decentralized systems of governance will be essential to not only flatten the curve, but also reverse the economic trajectory.”

Tweet this
The report states that as India starts to open for business, the worst of COVID-19’s impact will be felt by the country’s most vulnerable in terms of job loss, poverty increases and reduced per capita income, all of which will be reflected in a steep decline in GDP. Up to 135 million jobs could be lost and around 120 million people could be pushed into poverty, all of which will reduce consumer income, spending and savings.

“India is headed towards a W-shaped economic recovery with a potential GDP contraction of 10.8 percent in FY21,” says Barnik Chitran Maitra, lead author of the report and Managing Partner of Arthur D. Little India and South Asia. “India faces a potential loss of USD 1 trillion and this report seeks to inform policy makers about the range of measures they can take to avert this disaster, while also protecting the neediest people.

“For India to reach its USD 5 trillion vision, a radical economic approach is needed, centered on immediate stimulus and structural reforms. It is encouraging to see the prime minister’s visionary, Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, already putting plans in place for this new approach.”

Thomas Kuruvilla, Global Board Member and Managing Partner of Arthur D. Little Middle East,says, “India has a unique window of opportunity to take advantage of a geostrategic realignment of the world order and strengthen its global investment corridors, particularly with the Middle East. The government should work with international investors to create strategic manufacturing, infrastructure and technology assets focused on serving domestic customers and fulfilling global demand. We are aware of many investors with excess funds that are keen on India; we need transparent, consistent and predictable regulation to attract them.”

Ashwini Deshpande, Professor of Economics at Ashoka and Director of the Centre for Economic Data and Analysis (CEDA), as well as one of the co-authors of a counterpoint included in the report, adds, “The government recovery program needs to provide a comprehensive safety net for vulnerable sections and support micro, small and medium enterprises. Clear policy announcements, comprehensive safety nets and decentralized systems of governance will be essential to not only flatten the curve, but also reverse the economic trajectory.”

While COVID-19 presents a grave threat to India’s economic potential, it equally provides an opportunity to revisit all the obstacles that lie in its path to greater prosperity. The report proposes a bold 10-point program which suggests an initial outlay of USD 280 billion (roughly 10 percent of India’s GDP). This will help jumpstart the economy, manage the recovery and secure a sustainable economic future for India’s citizens.

To download a copy of the report, please visit: www.adlittle.com/IndiaSurmountingCOVID-19.

Contacts
Cate Bonthuys
Catalyst Comms
+44 7746 546773
cate@catalystcomms.co.uk

The Maverick

BANNED
Jan 4, 2016
Country
India
India GDP in 2020 is $3 trillion

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/worlds-top-economies/

I think indian GDP was $2.5 trillion in 2016

Secondly if you have been following Cronovirius carefully you may know the Asian countries are least effected

Its THE WEST ie Europe and USA that may see 10% decline as we go into recession.

All nations will be impacted BUT I think india will be less so than most its GDP growth is internal demand not external

The Maverick

BANNED
Jan 4, 2016
Country
India

Death Professor

Sep 3, 2018
Country
Pakistan
With Potential Losses of USD 1 Trillion, Says Arthur D. Little Report
A big ouch if true. Last I checked 300 million were under multidimensional poverty and 50 million under extreme poverty, wonder how much it will effect the poverty stats.

Guess the easy way for modi is kill some poor innocents in India, then blame Pakistan and create some kind of incident to divert public attention.

DESERT FIGHTER

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 1, 2010
Country
Pakistan
'Inflation' is a magic only Modi can pull off.
Modi seems to have learnt the art from Ishaq Dar, our very own data fudger whose on the run after corruption and mismanagement scandals emerged..

A big ouch if true. Last I checked 300 million were under multidimensional poverty and 50 million under extreme poverty, wonder how much it will effect the poverty stats.

Guess the easy way for modi is kill some poor innocents in India, then blame Pakistan and create some kind of incident to divert public attention.
Well honestly we also have alot of poverty in Pak.. and to be honest.. entire south asia is messed up.

Flight of falcon

May 22, 2019
Country
Canada

actually India has close to 250 million living in extreme poverty and 240 million near the poverty line....

Read this ;

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.new...ion-citizens-to-poverty-research-2623679.html

That's 100% correct figure 2.6 trillion is aboiut right in 2018

7% growth in 2019

Would add around $200 billion

You do the maths

bro I am still waiting for your Modi math calculation.....

Turingsage

BANNED
Sep 28, 2014
Country
India
“For India to reach its USD 5 trillion vision, a radical economic approach is needed, centered on immediate stimulus and structural reforms. It is encouraging to see the prime minister’s visionary, Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, already putting plans in place for this new approach.”
“India has a unique window of opportunity to take advantage of a geostrategic realignment of the world order and strengthen its global investment corridors, particularly with the Middle East. The government should work with international investors to create strategic manufacturing, infrastructure and technology assets focused on serving domestic customers and fulfilling global demand. We are aware of many investors with excess funds that are keen on India;
The report proposes a bold 10-point program which suggests an initial outlay of USD 280 billion (roughly 10 percent of India’s GDP). This will help jumpstart the economy, manage the recovery and secure a sustainable economic future for India’s citizens.
I wonder if the onanistic poster actually reads what he is posting

You do not need Modi to do the sums , let ADB run by the chinese to do the sums for you and then of course the IMF and World Bank. These institutions CANNOT WORK without proper statistical information that they can verify. REFER TO THEM.

Last edited:

The Maverick

BANNED
Jan 4, 2016
Country
India
Guys 20 years ago Goldman Sachs predicted India would surpass UK and French GDP by 2020 .
I did not believe it 20 years later India is now the 5th largest in the world
Gold bank Sachs
Bank of England
Pentagon etc were all.correct.

They now predict India will surpass Germany in 2025 and Japan in 2030.

I take that as guaranteed to happen
Considering India has 200 million starving many more poor infrastructure issues and corruption it's still a real achievement. Imo.

Covid will stunt growth especially in Europe and USA. But India is virtually untouched to date compared to USA and Europe. So I expect India will not suffer big correction in GDP.

Flight of falcon

May 22, 2019
Country
Canada
Guys 20 years ago Goldman Sachs predicted India would surpass UK and French GDP by 2020 .
I did not believe it 20 years later India is now the 5th largest in the world
Gold bank Sachs
Bank of England
Pentagon etc were all.correct.

They now predict India will surpass Germany in 2025 and Japan in 2030.

I take that as guaranteed to happen
Considering India has 200 million starving many more poor infrastructure issues and corruption it's still a real achievement. Imo.

Covid will stunt growth especially in Europe and USA. But India is virtually untouched to date compared to USA and Europe. So I expect India will not suffer big correction in GDP.

Either you are dumb or blind and cannot read.... either way pretty sad what Modi has done to you guys:

Record unemployment
GDP to shrink 25 percent
Record bad bank loans
Lowest rupee value ever
Record outflow of capital
Possibly the worst recession to start

And yet dream of beating these countries .... we all know elephant shits a lot compares to a deer but it’s only because of the size ....

Indian GDP of $2200 ( extremely scewed as the top 200 families control 65 percent of GDP) is no where near $40000 plus of France and Britain.

These countries don’t have 300 million people that sleep every night on the streets or more poor than entire sub Saharan countries combined...

The Maverick

BANNED
Jan 4, 2016
Country
India
Either you are dumb or blind and cannot read.... either way pretty sad what Modi has done to you guys:

Record unemployment
GDP to shrink 25 percent
Record bad bank loans
Lowest rupee value ever
Record outflow of capital
Possibly the worst recession to start

And yet dream of beating these countries .... we all know elephant shits a lot compares to a deer but it’s only because of the size ....

Indian GDP of $2200 ( extremely scewed as the top 200 families control 65 percent of GDP) is no where near $40000 plus of France and Britain.

These countries don’t have 300 million people that sleep every night on the streets or more poor than entire sub Saharan countries combined...

India will never have the per capita income of UK or France. These countrys are rich and infrastructure is best in the world generally not to mention amazing climate are geographically beautiful. I know I live in UK and go to Europe every year on holiday .

But you can't change the GDP power of India it's there and Indian per capita is far higher than Pakistan or Bangladesh our local neighbours.

You said capital outflow are record high.

The last time I checked

Indian forrex is over 400 billion dollars Bangladesh 40 billion dollars and Pakistan 14 billion dollars..
I repeat 14nbillion.dollars and tiny GDP of 270 billion yet over 200 million Pakistanis to look after . Rather worrying imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom