What's new

India not to compromise with Jamaat; wants peaceful Bangladesh

Mage

Sep 18, 2016
Country
Japan
The original post itself so self explanatory that my analysis is not needed.India and Pakistan both are neighbouring countries of Bangladesh and each neighbor wanted such policy that favor them and must not favor the other party.
I would like to tell this to my Bangladeshi friends that any Indian post that is related to Bangladesh triggers them.Banglasdesh is not just our neighboring country but a country that Pakistan still values and looks forward as friendly brother country.
Unfortunately, Indians wanted to have their own lobby and they are very clear to Bangladesh that they wanted government that meets their need, criteria and standard.
Now it's time that Bangladesh proves Indians that old times have gone and Bangladesh has her own right to decide as if which party the government needs to form allaince with to maintain stability.
Bangladesh should not give a damn what statements are released and this is the ultimate slap I hope Indians will get.

Best of luck!!
It is no secret that India has a preferred party in Bangladesh. And having good relation with India is beneficial to us as well.

If we get hostile to India now, we will end up totally dependent on China(what I think Pakistan is to a point, no offense) and this is something I would not want for BD. China and India will be two of the largest economies in the future. We cannot afford hostility with any of them, I think. Best is to maintain good relation with both, which is something BAL is doing now.

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Agreed! Bangladesh already has strong ties with China, so it's best India sit in their lane and focus on improving themselves. This type of behaviour is not acceptable from India! I wish them the best, but they better not get ahead of themselves.
If you carefully observe , you will see that BJP is no longer supporting AL . BJP is slowly realizing that political stability will be resulting a prosperous Bangladesh , and prosperous Bangladesh will always be their headache . SO at any cost India will try to create unrest in Bangladesh . Now in order to prevent india , we need to be more Bangladeshi than BNP and AL .
You see already the process has started . Kamal Hossein is now presiding Oikko front , and he and Qader siddique is supporter of Sheikh mujib , and Qader siddique call Mujib as his ideological father .

and B chawudhury is one of The founder leader of BNP alongside Ziaur Rahman , and he joined Al side , and also showed Ziaur rahman alongside bhasani , and Mujib .
It is unbelievable , but still happening in Bangladesh .

hailing of Mujib in BNP side , and praising of Zia in AL side , do you not think it is a very good sign ?
This is a simple matter for some peoples , but if we have observation , we know that it's a good sign , and exactly it is bad for india.
If we can recover from political hate , then we will be developed . A true democratic Bangladesh we are going to after in 10 years I believe , and exactly India does not want that.
So I request our friends and brothers ( from pakistan or any other countries ) , please think wisely , and observe the nuance in our politics .

real well wishers ( and of course wise peoples ) will realize it , and will realize that peace and harmony will dwell in Bangladesh in future , and that will cause the pain on a.s s on our enemy who has tendency to annexing countries ( Hyderabad was a sovereign country ) , and playing dadagiri role .

Last edited:

Sine Nomine

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Wait 10 more years , and see that there will be no eye washing friendship between AL and BJP . It's politics man , and politics is dirty in this region. You are going to see the opposite in this region .
I agree with that,once old lot dies it would be over.

Mage

Sep 18, 2016
Country
Japan
If you carefully observe , you will see that BJP is no longer supporting AL . BJP is slowly realizing that political stability will be resulting a prosperous Bangladesh , and prosperous Bangladesh will always be their headache . SO at any cost India will try to create unrest in Bangladesh . Now in order to prevent india , we need to be more Bangladeshi than BNP and AL .
You see already the process has started . Kamal Hossein is now presiding Oikko front , and he and Qader siddique is supporter of Sheikh mujib , and Qader siddique call Mujib as his ideological father .

and B chawudhury is one one of The founder leader of BNP alongside Ziaur Rahman , and he joined Al side , and also showed Ziaur rahman alongside bhasani , and Muijib .

hailing of Mujib in BNP side , and praising of Zia in AL side , do you not think it is a very good sign ?
This is a simple matter for some peoples , but if we have observation , we know that it's a good sign , and exactly it is bad for india.
If we can recover from political hate , then we will be developed . A true democratic Bangladesh we are going to after in 10 years I believe , and exactly India does not want that.
So I request our friends and brothers ( from pakistan or any other countries ) , please think wisely , and observe the nuance in our politics .

real well wishers ( and of course wise peoples ) will realize it , and will realize that peace and harmony will dwell in Bangladesh in future , and that will cause the pain on a.s s on our enemy who has tendency to annexing countries ( Hyderabad was a sovereign country ) , and playing dadagiri role .
How is a prosperous BD a threat to India? And no, India won't be annexing BD for their own good. They don't want more Muslims in their country. People should stop seeing enemies everywhere.

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
How is a prosperous BD a threat to India? And no, India won't be annexing BD for their own good. They don't want more Muslims in their country. People should stop seeing enemies everywhere.
Very simple, threat is economical threat , not military threat.

Now BD market is totally free for india . look Indian channels are free, and cable bills are 150 tk plus to everywhere outside Dhaka . If govt put tax on indian channels , then we can earn huge money .
bangladesh is full with indian goods, and there are 170 millions of peoples market . If you make unrest , specially between political parties , then no strong govt will form , and the result of a weak govt is dependency on india .
Imagine a strong democratic structure in Bangladesh , no malignity to each others between political parties , no one need india by their side . So by default you are losing a free market . So you need to give tax for business.
Who want to loss the free market ? No one !

Last edited:

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Oct 30, 2010
Country
Pakistan
It is no secret that India has a preferred party in Bangladesh. And having good relation with India is beneficial to us as well.

If we get hostile to India now, we will end up totally dependent on China(what I think Pakistan is to a point, no offense) and this is something I would not want for BD. China and India will be two of the largest economies in the future. We cannot afford hostility with any of them, I think. Best is to maintain good relation with both, which is something BAL is doing now.
I never told you to be hostile towards India.I never do.Infact, I will advise you to stablize relationship with them in such a manner that you don't give impression of accepting their dictation and I know you will not.
Pakistan, as I already told you has completely different scenario.We are supporting China to reduce Indian and US influence over this region and we are also encountering middle east & Iran based proxies.We are also involved in encountering Indian mediated Afghan based insurgency.Allah(SWT) has helped us and granted us a very honest prime minister after such a long time.We are very close to winning a war due to saveral reasons.
We are not depending on China because of bad relationship with India.We are infact, struggling with corruption and hence are having multiple billion dollar project with China on equal basis.
Our story is very different.Pakistan has undergone saveral wars with India after her inception and birth and entire world knows our honorable history.
We will continue to have relationship on equal basis and inshallah we will no longer pay price for others' matters.
I am not ashamed to admit that our corrupted leaders had caused us to be at lows many times in our history.However, under such circumstances we always rise and were helped from unseen forces of Allah(SWT)
I wish you best of luck and to your country and honestly as Pakistani I wanted Bangladesh as brotherly neighbouring muslim country who knows how to break any finger that points out to them.If Bangladesh will become strong country that listens to her people only and benefits her people while maintaining relationship with other neighbouring countries including Pakistan then we have won the war and paid off what should be paid off.
Stable, neutral and powerful Bangladesh will only be beneficial for us.However, Indians will loose because they will loose a possible card to destabilize us. :)

Regards

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
They basically denied having any connection with Jamaat Islami of BD. And said they want their good relation with BD to continue.
So look , it is a speculation that India may support Jamat Islami , that's the reason india assured us .
So now it's not eternal truth that India can't have connection with Jamat, just we need to realize that.
When someone assure you ? When there is a possibility of such connections.

Last edited:

Mage

Sep 18, 2016
Country
Japan
Very simple, threat is economical threat , not military threat.

Now BD market is totally free for india . look Indian channels are free, and cable bills are 150 tk plus to everywhere outside Dhaka . If govt put tax on indian channels , then we can earn huge money .
bangladesh is full with indian goods, and there are 170 millions of peoples market . If you make unrest , specially between political parties , then no strong govt will form , and the result of a weak govt is dependency on india .
Imagine a strong democratic structure in Bangladesh , no malognity to each others between political parties , no one need india by their side . So by default you are losing a free market . You need to give tax.
Who want to loss the free market ? No one !
We have Indian channels because people watch them. They find it better than the contents of our channels.

We still import more from China than India. Most of the goods are brought frk India by businessmen who tuink Indian products will sell here.

The best thing is to make good contents for our own channels or make good products that will sell better than Indian products. I don't see any govt putting pressure on local TV channels to make bad unwatchable contents.

For all those things we don't really allow screening of Indian movies in Bangladesh other than some joint production Indian-Nengali films. Yet people see Bollywood films not our local films. We should start taking responsibility for ourselves.
Do we make good contents? Do we make good products? No? Then let's solve it first. We will talk about Indian pressure later.

Kaniska

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 11, 2011
Country
United States

and B chawudhury is one one of The founder leader of BNP alongside Ziaur Rahman , and he joined Al side , and also showed Ziaur rahman alongside bhasani , and Muijib .

Why are you trying to find enemy from a friend??...Anyway it is your choice..

Mage

Sep 18, 2016
Country
Japan
I never told you to be hostile towards India.I never do.Infact, I will advise you to stablize relationship with them in such a manner that you don't give impression of accepting their dictation and I know you will not.
Pakistan, as I already told you has completely different scenario.We are supporting China to reduce Indian and US influence over this region and we are also encountering middle east & Iran based proxies.We are also involved in encountering Indian mediated Afghan based insurgency.Allah(SWT) has helped us and granted us a very honest prime minister after such a long time.We are very close to winning a war due to saveral reasons.
We are not depending on China because of bad relationship with India.We are infact, struggling with corruption and hence are having multiple billion dollar project with China on equal basis.
Our story is very different.Pakistan has undergone saveral wars with India after her inception and birth and entire world knows our honorable history.
We will continue to have relationship on equal basis and inshallah we will no longer pay price for others' matters.
I am not ashamed to admit that our corrupted leaders had caused us to be at lows many times in our history.However, under such circumstances we always rise and were helped from unseen forces of Allah(SWT)
I wish you best of luck and to your country and honestly as Pakistani I wanted Bangladesh as brotherly neighbouring muslim country who knows how to break any finger that points out to them.If Bangladesh will become strong country that listens to her people only and benefits her people while maintaining relationship with other neighbouring countries including Pakistan then we have won the war and paid off what should be paid off.
Stable, neutral and powerful Bangladesh will only be beneficial for us.However, Indians will loose because they will loose a possible card to destabilize us. :)

Regards
Yeah...our priorities are very different. I don't really care for a powerful Bangladesh to be honest. I want to see a peaceful and economically prosperous Bangladesh. I'd rather see BD becoming like Switzerland than BD becoming like USA. World domination isn't exactly our thing.

Hope Pakistan can find prosperity under IK.

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
We have Indian channels because people watch them. They find it better than the contents of our channels.
Have Indian channels , who is asking not to watch them? I just want BD govt to put Tax , so that we can earn more . I want more and more indian channels , but not for free . Put tax , then BD will be earning more . If operators will have to pay for separate channels , no one will be able to watch Indian channels for free . Govt will earn revenue . That's all
We still import more from China than India. Most of the goods are brought frk India by businessmen who tuink Indian products will sell here.
yes put tax , if someone want to buy Indian product , they must pay double .
The best thing is to make good contents for our own channels or make good products that will sell better than Indian products. I don't see any govt putting pressure on local TV channels to make bad unwatchable contents.
If indian channels will be reduced , Bangladehsi channels will be developed . If you Put tax , cable operators will not show indian channels without extra money , so most peoples will show our own channels , drama will be improved like past and they will be earning money and all will be improved automatically. In this world money talks .
Look when there were no cable like that , we used to watch great drama serials of Ali zaker , abul hayat , bipasha hayat , asaduzzaman noor etc etc . Do you remember the drama serilas of humayan ahmed?
Where are such dramas now and where are the great actors ? Just give BD channels scopes , those old days will be back .
For all those things we don't really allow screening of Indian movies in Bangladesh other than some joint production Indian-Nengali films. Yet people see Bollywood films not our local films. We should start taking responsibility for ourselves.
I am not talking about our commercial films , all are still dirty . We can make better art films though.
And let them watch hindi movie , no problem . I just want bangladesh getting the good amount of tax from it .

I don't really care for a powerful Bangladesh to be honest
@Mage , did you watch the movie troy ? Where Agamemnon said , "gods help only the strong" ?

You may not agree , but this is the reality my friend . No one will put bet on weak/dead horse . If you will be strong that necessarily does not mean that you need to be a threat to a country ( with military ),
but if you are strong, that means all types of threat from others will be reduced and you will be able to keep peace and harmony .

Why are you trying to find enemy from a friend??...Anyway it is your choice..
Who is trying to find enemy from a friend ? There is no permanent friend in politics , today's friend can be enemy tomorrow . I just want us to be prepared .

And also if there is a friendship, that must be equal . And current BD-India alliance is not equal , at least india does not treat us as equal ally . but I said , we want to be friends of Good friends only , not to be a subservient or sycophant friend . We will have to wait for the future to see who is our true ally .

@Kaniska

Last edited:

Mage

Sep 18, 2016
Country
Japan
Have Indian channels , who is asking not to watch them? I just want BD govt to put Tax , so that we can earn more . I want more and more indian channels , but not for free . Put tax , then BD will be earning more . If operators will have to pay for separate channels , no one will be able to watch Indian channels for free . Govt will earn revenue . That's all

yes put tax , if someone want to buy Indian product , they must pay double .

If indian channels will be reduced , Bangladehsi channels will be developed . If you Put tax , cable operators will not show indian channels without extra money , so most peoples will show our own channels , dram will be improved like past and they will be earning money and all will be improved automatically. Inthis world money talks .
Look when there were no cable like that , we used to watch great drama serials of Ali zaker , abul hayat , bipasha hayat , asaduzzaman noor . Do you remember the drama serilas of humayan ahmed?
Where are such dramas now and where are the great actors ? Just give BD channels scopes , those old days will be back .

I am not talking about our commercial films , all are still dirty . We can make better art films though.
And let them watch hindi movie , no problem . I just want bangladesh getting the far tax from it .

@Mage , did you watch the movie troy ? Where Agamemnon said , "gods help only the strong" ?

You may not agree , but this is the reality my friend . No one will put bet on weak/dead horse . If you will be strong that necessarily does not mean that you need to be a threat to a country ( with military ),
but if you are strong, that means all types of threat from others will be reduced and you will be able to keep peace and harmony .

Who is trying to find enemy from a friend ? There is no permanent friend in politics , today's friend can be enemy tomorrow . I just want us to be prepared .

And also if there is a friendship, that must be equal . And current BD-India alliance is not equal , at least india does not treat us as equal ally . but I said , we want to be friends of Good friends only , not to be a subservient or sycophant friend We will have to wait for the future to see who is our true ally .

@Kaniska
It's basically a chicken and egg problem. We have had Indian channels for as long as I can remember. Probably long before I was even born. I do recall my grandmother watching serial 'Jonmobhumi' in an Indian Bengali channel. 10-15 years ago we had Bangla channels that could make good contents as well.....as the quality of our programs went down Indian channels made their way up.

You tax them, the cable operators will charge people more money. Eventually it will be people paying them.

I do think we need to come up with a way to reduce our trade deficit with India and China, but it isnti the time to pick a fight.

What I see is many countries are doing really fine without having a powerful military. I see a Canada doing fine bordering a mighty USA. I see states like Finland, Sweden, Singapore, Luxembourg, Norway, New Zealand doing fine without much military might. I would like BD to be that way rather than BD being a USA, Russia or China.

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
You tax them, the cable operators will charge people more money. Eventually it will be people paying them.
there are slight difference . India want our market . So if BD govt put tax so indian will also sell everything in reduced price , otherwise operators will not get them .
Same goes for Indian products , if the price will be increased and india is about to lose the market , probably the wholesale price will be reduced . result is , India can not have free profit , and our govt will earn .
And probably India need to reduce wholesale price too , if they want to sell goods to use . resulting the benefits of both side , not only the benefit of India .
That's the way of business .

What I see is many countries are doing really fine without having a powerful military. I see a Canada doing fine bordering a mighty USA.
Unfortunately India is not same as USA . India is a bad neighbour , people are intolerant like any other south Asian countries . They are no better than us ( in some cases worse ) except some good democracy and we are also going to get such good democratic atmosphere soon , or maybe better .
If USA would be the neighbour of BD I would not want to be strong . But Since India is the neighbour and Not the USA , so we must be powerful enough to prevent any threat . Only then all friend with India will work :) . Otherwise we will not get the fare treatment .

Mage

Sep 18, 2016
Country
Japan
there are slight difference . India want our market . So if BD govt put tax so indian will also sell everything in reduced price , otherwise operators will not get them .
Same goes for Indian products , if the price will be increased and india is about to lose the market , probably the wholesale price will be reduced . result is , India can not have free profit , and our govt will earn .
And probably India need to reduce wholesale price too , if they want to sell goods to use . resulting the benefits of both side , not only the benefit of India .
That's the way of business .
Bangladesh puts import duty on products based on what type it is. The duty is very low for raw materials and quite high for consumer goods. I don't think India gets any favour here. It's just that some businessmen prefer buying from India because it is nearby...and cost being low. It's just that, we don't put various dumping duty on Indian products that India does to ours.

I am not sure about our TV channel policy. I have never heard this issue being brought up by anybexortsa or any news outlets.

Unfortunately India is not same as USA . India is a bad neighbour , and a back dated south asian country , peoples are equally bad comparing us or more .
If USA would be the neighbour of BD I would not want to be strong .
USA can be 1000 times nastier than India......read up a bit. It depends on how we play our cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom