What's new

India: Hundreds of Married Women Lay Down on Ground to Allow Priests to Walk on Their Backs

masterchief_mirza

Apr 29, 2019
Country
Pakistan
a bunch of women voluntarily asking a dude to run over them is not sexual exploitation. It is a bunch of women being stupid. And being stupid isn't against the law. It should be, but it's not.
"Consent" in this instance is not regarded as (a) fully informed or (b) entirely autonomous. You will find many instances of sexual cults, dodgy clerics of all faiths, and manipulative billionaires being found guilty of sexual abuse of apparently "willing" females.

Goenitz

Apr 28, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Lolz. We condemn murder over a cartoon as irrational. It's a crime in fact and any security officials standing nearby would try to stop it and the perpetrators would be arrested.

Who in India is going to stop this when it is happening right in front of them? Is it regarded as a crime? Looks like sexual assault to me.
Yup.. one can be racist, sexist, bigot, and the other in return assault physically.. then the one says,.. "why one can go physical on words." Anyway, whosoever breaks the law , must be punished.

Ghost Hobbit

BANNED
Aug 27, 2020
Country
India
"Consent" in this instance is not regarded as (a) fully informed or (b) entirely autonomous. You will find many instances of sexual cults, dodgy clerics of all faiths, and manipulative billionaires being found guilty of sexual abuse of apparently "willing" females.
there is no indication they were forced to that location or that cooerced against their will. Anything beyond that is their business. Police is allowed to intervene only if there is a specific complaint of these. Like I said, being stupid is not a crime.

masterchief_mirza

Apr 29, 2019
Country
Pakistan
there is no indication they were forced to that location or that cooerced against their will. Anything beyond that is their business. Police is allowed to intervene only if there is a specific complaint of these. Like I said, being stupid is not a crime.
Come on man. Look I'm not blasting Hinduism here. Certainly such exploitation exists across the board, but there's no point regarding this case as normal behaviour by well informed individuals. Some women have been told that doing this will help them conceive and you're not concerned? This is fraudulent manipulation by clerics, enabling an act of assault. It's one thing if a cleric says, pay me money and I will pray for your fertility - it's still manipulation but not as exploitative as this. This case is pure gratification at the expense of ignorant commoners.

DalalErMaNodi

May 12, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
We need a UN mandated peacekeeping operation in India this very instant, Those women need saving, Somebody must step in before they resume burning widows.

BJP has given the Indian civil society such a spook they dare not speak up about these excesses, the International community needs to step in.

These brahmins need their posteriors welted...

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
superstition is far less virulent. You think in America there aren't cranks who do weird stuff? This will be ignored as the work of cranks the way it should be.
It should not be ignored but banned. Such obvious superstition and Brahmin supremacy should be acted against. The assassinations of progressives Narendra Dabholkar, Govind Pansare, MM Kalburgi and Gauri Lankesh should be used as excuse to wipe out such superstition and casteism. But will the BJP government do it ?

It is sad that a policewoman is seen in the event and not acting against it.

Last edited:

Ghost Hobbit

BANNED
Aug 27, 2020
Country
India
Come on man. Look I'm not blasting Hinduism here. Certainly such exploitation exists across the board, but there's no point regarding this case as normal behaviour by well informed individuals. Some women have been told that doing this will help them conceive and you're not concerned? This is fraudulent manipulation by clerics, enabling an act of assault. It's one thing if a cleric says, pay me money and I will pray for your fertility - it's still manipulation but not as exploitative as this. This case is pure gratification at the expense of ignorant commoners.
No. I'm not concerned. Stupidity will always be there.The laws are clear. It doesn't damage private property or become a public nuisance, then it really is there business.
It should not be ignored but banned. Such obvious superstition and Brahmin supremacy should be acted against. The assassinations of Narendra Dabholkar, Govind Pansare, MM Kalburgi and Gauri Lankesh should be used as excuse to wipe out such superstition and casteism. But will the BJP government do it ?

It is sad that a policewoman is seen in the event and not acting against it.
so you mean that certain beliefs like 'man was thrown down to earth from heaven when a woman ate an apple because a snake asked her to' should also be banned?

Summary- you can't ban superstition without banning the biggest superstition of them all....relegion.

masterchief_mirza

Apr 29, 2019
Country
Pakistan
No. I'm not concerned. Stupidity will always be there.The laws are clear. It doesn't damage private property or become a public nuisance, then it really is there business.

so you mean that certain beliefs like 'man was thrown down to earth from heaven when a woman ate an apple because a snake asked her to' should also be banned?

Summary- you can't ban superstition without banning the biggest superstition of them all....relegion.
This is why we all giggle at India. Can't say I didn't try!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom