• Tuesday, December 10, 2019

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Discussion in 'General Photos & Multimedia' started by NSG_BlackCats, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,187 / -10
    India
    Excellent. I believe its more generic "services" export vs just software/BPO/ITES (ICT services) etc for 200 billion level for 2018:

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/BX.GSR.NFSV.CD?locations=IN&view=chart

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/BX.GSR.CCIS.CD?locations=IN&view=chart

Point of reference for later convo (freelance vs solid company creation balance) @TopCat @Mage @Atlas @bluesky @Al-Ansar @Viet @GeraltofRivia

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. patentneer

patentneer FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,266 / -0
    @Nilgiri, thanks, I stand corrected.

How they come up with exact figures like $ 183.something beats me. Round off then ;) !
    • Point is $ 2 Trillion approximately, in PPP is impressive never mind, it's a total game changer re. India's bricks and mortar infrastructure deficit n'est pas

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ensiurage

Ensiurage FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 51 / -0
    India
    NH 7 Golden quadrilateral, Nagercoil, TamilNadu
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 12
  4. CHN Bamboo

CHN Bamboo FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 3,108 / -0
    China
    It looks very much like southwestern China.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. patentneer

patentneer FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,266 / -0
    @CNSpeed Chinese infrastructure is legendary. No good comparing with under construction Indian infra.

I have issues with upcoming Indian infra. also, I wish they had gone for next gen. futuristic infra. which is starting very slowly only now like all new airports rather then upgrading century old airports into mega airports but no talk of electro-magnetic take-off (EMALS), some new airports and Hyperloop.

China built HSR train network is expensive

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  6. Loft38

Loft38 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 324 / -7
    Mauritius

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. patentneer

patentneer FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,266 / -0
    The ytd figures are out for office space.

3.5 million IT and similar white collar worth's real estate was created over 2018. Next yr. Similar if not more is projected. Yr. -on- Yr. actually for 3 to 5 yrs. ahead.

India IT and related sector must now be 10-13 million direct jobs supporting families with benefits of say average 6 semi-dependent folks with pensions, education or car loans, food, telecom, energy and other indirect subsidies. Multiply:
    • 12 million x 6 = 72 million
    Add all other white collar jobs like govt. and FMCG or white goods and even Bollywood and Rail, Shipping and Defence to round off 72 mil. to 100 mil.

Rock solid middle to upper middle class.

It is said each of the above creates 3 indirect jobs like delivery boys, drivers and cleaners. That's 300 million dependent on the above class. Lower middle.

Manufacturing including mining and trucking is easily supporting another 25 mil. middle class jobs who in turn support 600 million in the lower class.

Farming, fishing, construction must be .... like pedal rickshaws... not a happening career rather dwindling fast.

I say India made it. Wot ?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. GS Zhou

GS Zhou FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 7,434 / -0
    China
    I must say this is a great math.

One IT engineer to have 6 dependent folks. So to my understanding, it should consist of the following:
    - husband (the guy working at the IT industry),
    - wife (mainly as a housewife to take care of the kids and elders)
    - two elders
    - two kids

This is my understanding of the mix of the 6 dependents. Now you further mention each of the six to support 3 additional indirect jobs, like delivery boy, driver and cleaner. OK, that means:
    - Husband has one dedicated food delivery boy, one dedicated driver, and one dedicated cleaner. Dedicated, not sharing with others. Otherwise it is difficult for the point that "each of the above creates 3 indirect jobs"
    - Wife has her own dedicated food delivery boy, own dedicated driver, own dedicated cleaner
    - The same applies to the two elders and the two kids.

Now I'm very curious to know how much the husband could earn and what is the labor price of dedicated driver/cleaner/delivery boy in India. The husband not only needs to pay the living cost of all his family members, but also the wages of 18/eighteen dedicated service staff.

9. Śakra

Śakra SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,503 / -8
    India
    You realize no one ever quotes him becsuse we all realize he is crazy af?

10. Darwin

Darwin BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 334 / -9
    United States
    Train 18.

11. patentneer

patentneer FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,266 / -0
    ~~~
    Nice to hear.

IT and engineer are 2 different professions. India is a vastly different country where a significant majority live in large communities - called 'joint family', like Hutong's of China.

So 5-7 semi - dependents have pensions and often own/run a small business like transport, catering and employ some staff and are not fully dependent on their IT progeny. Like attracts like and IT types marry other IT types. Most marriages are still arranged or facilitated by elders.

All this means status-quo. Civilisationally India moves with the weft and weave of it's social fabric. It's not above love thy neighbour and mass shootings, India takes care.

Communists, Pakistanis, Terrorists have been trying to instigate uprisings in India for long. It will never happen unless you alter and impact the very roots at the mass level, civilisational level - like Gandhi, Raja Ram Mohan Roy and Vivekananda -who succeeded. The price of patriotism Gandhi was repaid with was death by close range bullet shot after a lifetime of social activism. Can any country commit to that kind of social impact re. India. Good luck to that country, to deal with the issues of 1.25 Billion souls with an agenda, not happening bass.

Cheeni-chapti challakiyyan don't cut it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  12. lemurian

lemurian FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 423 / -0
    India
    Kolkata

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 8
  13. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,187 / -10
    India
    Your understanding is wrong. We are not talking about who the IT engineers etc employ directly. The ratio (of 5 which is conservative) literally comes from sampling in case studies of the full economic pyramid.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. Retired Troll

Retired Troll BANNED

Ratings:
    +19 / 36,890 / -11
    Pakistan
    I miss this thread.

Tell us more about Yogi

15. Nilgiri

Nilgiri ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +70 / 42,187 / -10