What's new

India, a magical land where democracy thrives and the rule of law applies

Areesh

BANNED
Mar 30, 2010
Country
Pakistan
@-=virus=- Thank you for tagging me.

As Jackdaws said that Modi and co has been using the sedition charges to silent the dissenting voices and anti minority actions are being swept under the rug. The only thing that stops Modi and Yogi from going pitbull is your constitution and relatively free judiciary.
Nope. No judiciary or democracy. Both are sham. it is the America and Europe that stops india from going full genocidal

India is still not Israel that its crimes would go unnoticed

Vapnope

Nov 11, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Free judiciary, free speech (within the confines of legal speech), a free media, a free citizenry, freedom to protest.. there's a lot of democracy here, and a lot of accountability too.

Zealot from the other day's thread got arrested in quick time, too, right ?

Either there is too much hyperbole on this forum or too many disinformation fed people wrt India.

aao dialogue karein.. but there's no genocide or fascism or anything going on in India

jitna ghatiya ya changa tab tha, unaa hi aaj hai lol

more hum karein to chamatkari then..

why did you lefties make so much noise about it then ?

and here I'm lauding and cheering on for a verdict you kents approve of.. this is a mauka for shubh milan.
Genocide ~ No
Fascism ~ Yes

I would suggest you to de-link the issue from Muslim VS Hindu binary or BJP VS Congress binary. Read to what moderates/centrists say in your country. I would not ask you accept everything Arundhutti Roy says neither would recommend you to accept everything Yogi has to say. Jamahir is a muslim and Jackdaws probably isn't however you will find a common theme in their stance regarding India.

Markandeya

BANNED
Jul 16, 2016
Country
India
No doubt Indians have democratically elected Hindu Extremists to the Government to rule over them but why is Hindu Extremism seen as a force of good by Hindu Extremists, Hindu Extremist sympathisers and closet Hindu Extremists when all they do is Hindu Extremism?

What's so good about Hindu Extremism?

What does Hindu Extremism do? Just brcause Imran was hollowing Fascist Modi in UN and blood bath in Kaahmir...it does not meant it was planned or happening....end result he has become stupid chutia amongst all leaders...a scaremonger.....now he has gone Kaput...

Just watch his UN speech...bloody joker ...this is what happens when you have Novice selected..

You guys dont realize that the violence and riots pre Modi era was much much more...it has come down drastically...

I cannot say the same for Pakistan.....and here we have Pakisatani giving sermons to India...ironies of life.

Jackdaws

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 20, 2010
Country
India
No doubt Indians have democratically elected Hindu Extremists to the Government to rule over them but why is Hindu Extremism seen as a force of good by Hindu Extremists, Hindu Extremist sympathisers and closet Hindu Extremists when all they do is Hindu Extremism?

What's so good about Hindu Extremism?
@-=virus=- Thank you for tagging me.

As Jackdaws said that Modi and co has been using the sedition charges to silent the dissenting voices and anti minority actions are being swept under the rug. The only thing that stops Modi and Yogi from going pitbull is your constitution and relatively free judiciary.
Genocide ~ No
Fascism ~ Yes

I would suggest you to de-link the issue from Muslim VS Hindu binary or BJP VS Congress binary. Read to what moderates/centrists say in your country. I would not ask you accept everything Arundhutti Roy says neither would recommend you to accept everything Yogi has to say. Jamahir is a muslim and Jackdaws probably isn't however you will find a common theme in their stance regarding India.
Hate against Muslims was never mainstream in India. It's now just acceptable. In fact your barometer of patriotism is how anti Muslim you are in many social circles.

There was always prejudice but that prejudice worked both ways. Now it's just pure, unbridled hate. And then comes the whataboutery. One doesn't have to agree with or even like the tenets of a religion. That's fine. But hating, mocking and discriminating against a people for doing so is a sign of a decaying society.

xeuss

Aug 22, 2019
Country
India
Hate against Muslims was never mainstream in India. It's now just acceptable. In fact your barometer of patriotism is how anti Muslim you are in many social circles.

There was always prejudice but that prejudice worked both ways. Now it's just pure, unbridled hate. And then comes the whataboutery. One doesn't have to agree with or even like the tenets of a religion. That's fine. But hating, mocking and discriminating against a people for doing so is a sign of a decaying society.
One of my Hindu friend said it best - How did we end up here? When we did not object to the first WhatsApp forward denigrating Muslims.
Free judiciary, free speech (within the confines of legal speech), a free media, a free citizenry, freedom to protest.. there's a lot of democracy here, and a lot of accountability too.
What you are saying is that the "state" has been unable to clamp down on these, and it is not because of lack of trying.

Vapnope

Nov 11, 2015
Country
Pakistan

Spot on.

Apr 22, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Hate against Muslims was never mainstream in India. It's now just acceptable. In fact your barometer of patriotism is how anti Muslim you are in many social circles. ...
This is it.

Before Hindu Extremists were democratically elected to power under Modi, there were plenty of people in Pakistani society who believed that India-Pakistan will one day attain the elusive and permanent peace.

Even under Tyrant General Pervez Musharraf, what the military was offering was that Muslim part of Indian Occupied Kashmir be allowed to merge with Pakistan while the Hindu part can go to India. I mean, Pakistan was willing to compromise to this level.

In Pakistani society, there were plenty of people who genuinely thought India wasn't that bad and plenty of Pakistanis had a soft spot for India. To the level that they had to be reminded that India is pure evil when it comes to Pakistan.

Even under PM Atal Bihar Vajpayee, things weren't anything what they are like now. Nobody thought of India as an extremist nation.

However, now you will not find any Pakistanis who see India as a good, secular or a peace loving nation but it's out there to dominate or destroy Pakistan and Pakistanis are thankful to Allah that an independent Pakistan exists.

It's really baffling how India changed so dramatically into a Hindu Extremist nation.

Jackdaws

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 20, 2010
Country
India
This is it.

Before Hindu Extremists were democratically elected to power under Modi, there were plenty of people in Pakistani society who believed that India-Pakistan will one day attain the elusive and permanent peace.

Even under Tyrant General Pervez Musharraf, what the military was offering was that Muslim part of Indian Occupied Kashmir be allowed to merge with Pakistan while the Hindu part can go to India. I mean, Pakistan was willing to compromise to this level.

In Pakistani society, there were plenty of people who genuinely thought India wasn't that bad and plenty of Pakistanis had a soft spot for India. To the level that they had to be reminded that India is pure evil when it comes to Pakistan.

Even under PM Atal Bihar Vajpayee, things weren't anything what they are like now. Nobody thought of India as an extremist nation.

However, now you will not find any Pakistanis who see India as a good, secular or a peace loving nation but it's out there to dominate or destroy Pakistan and Pakistanis are thankful to Allah that an independent Pakistan exists.

It's really baffling how India changed so dramatically into a Hindu Extremist nation.
You might not like the answer. But I personally noticed a significant shift after 26/11. Most of India wasn't born in 1965 or 71. Even 99, though heavily televised was still in the inaccessible mountains.

But 26/11 changed all that. You see Arnab Goswami's career graph take off from there. See his videos before that event and post that event.

Social media then helped. All of a sudden Indian and Pakistanis were exchanging abuses on social media. Hate became more entrenched. And then all channels decided to forget the BBC model of left leaning neutrality and adopt the Goswami model of Fox News right wing bigotry. The bhakts and channels feed off each other.

N.Siddiqui

Nov 21, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Social media then helped. All of a sudden Indian and Pakistanis were exchanging abuses on social media. Hate became more entrenched. And then all channels decided to forget the BBC model of left leaning neutrality and adopt the Goswami model of Fox News right wing bigotry. The bhakts and channels feed off each other.

That rise of hate was directly proportional to the rise of Hindutva, talking about the hate for Pakistan.

And that rise of hatred against Indian Muslim was also needed for the rise of Hindutva, and the Rath Yatra, the movement for the construction of Ram Mandir at Ayodhya and the demolition of Babri mosque did it...Gujarat too.

Mission accomplished!!!

The more reason(s) to believe that 26/11 was needed by the RSS/VHP/Bajrang dal, Senas and Sanghis for the rise of radicalization between Hindus and Muslims, more polarization between them means exponential growth of electorates for the hardlners and extremists and the end of secular/liberal parties like congress.

Not saying 26/11 was an inside job, if one connects the dots, all the trail leads to it.

Jackdaws

ELITE MEMBER
Jan 20, 2010
Country
India
That rise of hate was directly proportional to the rise of Hindutva, talking about the hate for Pakistan.

And that rise of hatred against Indian Muslim was also needed for the rise of Hindutva, and the Rath Yatra, the movement for the construction of Ram Mandir at Ayodhya and the demolition of Babri mosque did it...Gujarat too.

Mission accomplished!!!

The more reason(s) to believe that 26/11 was needed by the RSS/VHP/Bajrang dal, Senas and Sanghis for the rise of radicalization between Hindus and Muslims, more polarization between them means exponential growth of electorates for the hardlners and extremists and the end of secular/liberal parties like congress.

Not saying 26/11 was an inside job, if one connects the dots, all the trail leads to it.
Not possible. Congress was in power at Center and State level. They would have finished off the BJP then and there. Anyways, I was talking of the inflection point - there are enough threads for 26/11 - we can debate there.

Will it end? Everything does. Let's see how the next couple years pan out.

xeuss

Aug 22, 2019
Country
India
Not possible. Congress was in power at Center and State level. They would have finished off the BJP then and there. Anyways, I was talking of the inflection point - there are enough threads for 26/11 - we can debate there.

Will it end? Everything does. Let's see how the next couple years pan out.
How did the fascist movements of the last century end? It took bloody wars to end them. I hope India is an exception, but I do not see a good ending to this. It will take a lot more blood letting before people realize what they have done.

Nov 30, 2020
Country
India
It reminds me this below, the gap between propaganda and ground reality is so large that I feel sad for Indians.
View attachment 753670
where is china /
How did the fascist movements of the last century end? It took bloody wars to end them. I hope India is an exception, but I do not see a good ending to this. It will take a lot more blood letting before people realize what they have done.
don't bother
you carry on ghazwa hind .

Syama Ayas

ELITE MEMBER
May 21, 2010
Country
India
You might not like the answer. But I personally noticed a significant shift after 26/11. Most of India wasn't born in 1965 or 71. Even 99, though heavily televised was still in the inaccessible mountains.

But 26/11 changed all that. You see Arnab Goswami's career graph take off from there. See his videos before that event and post that event.

There is also the factor rise in internet users and popularity of social media apps

xeuss

Aug 22, 2019
Country
India

Often, when we try to explain events, we try and look for waypoints in history to identify the origins. I'm not saying you are incorrect, but rather, you are giving a single event more importance than it deserves (when it comes to fascism creeping within Indian society).

Your previous post was more accurate. Hatred was always there - it just became socially acceptable in the last 20-30 years, and now in the last five years, the full machinery of the state is behind it.
There is also the factor rise in internet users and popularity of social media apps
Not every society with high internet users and social media apps are fascist.

I know what you are trying to say, that in the past a bigot would be alone in his beliefs, but now the internet has connected millions of similar thinking people, but India has gone beyond that.

Fascists and conspiracy theorists remain an outlier and fringe in all modern societies. In India they are mainstream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom