What's new

‘If war breaks out … I will just become cannon fodder:’ In Taiwan, ex-conscripts feel unprepared for potential China conflict

Titanium100

Mar 1, 2019
Country
Denmark
The Americans won't fight the Chinese from that front ever but from the Russia-mongolia area.. If Russia goes out of the window this opens the door

Negative.. It would have better chances at going for land war and logistically feasible... I am not saying they will win a land war but a land war is where they would have the best chances..

In sea war the US has to have ridiculous advantage over china to make it work otherwise it is no-no which is absolutely the case Because this is 2020s and beyond not the 1970s, 1980s etc etc even small nations can put the US navy out of operation. Aircraft carriers and all their navy can be destroyed near the chinese coast within an hour just with sea-mines and under water drones.

The World technology has exploded to such an extent in recent years that an American high-seas war with China is obsolote

This..

The Americans will avoid fighting The chinese on the eastern teatre it would be suicidal and don't get fooled by all this saber-rattling the AMERICANS will not fight the Chinese on the eastern teatre you can bet the house on that and a certainity.

America's key to taking on China lays thru Russia or India.. If the Russian's get smashed and taken over by the Americans then there is a route to China and a real US-China conflict or but I think China will eventually take India out before anything stupid happens..

If NATO's Eastern Europe coalition rolls thru Russia then they will conolisdated and then bump heads with China and honestly this is America's super plan of Winning WW3 to create another world hegemony that lasts for 100 years..

The Americans only want the W in order to re-ethbalish themselves and they seem to have a plan all tho predictable but there are ways to realize it down the line. THe Plan is there but they need alot of luck also on top of that

Last edited:

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Oct 24, 2012
Country
China
@gambit @jhungary @Stranagor It's completely pointless,no matter what you tell him he goes like "why should I believe this,why should I take this as an example,why should I take this logic,who put UN in charge of this,who put you in charge of that,who says that we can't this,who says that we can't that" etc.

They are hellbent on annexing Taiwan and they won't understand or accept any other opinion. It's completely pointless. It's a waste of time. I wasted all afternoon and night yesterday trying to answer these guys' questions and comments. I had nothing better to do,but after a certain point it was annoying. It's like talking to spoiled children who think they're better and they mock everyone else.
The value of war on itself is to solve a problem, not create one. The issue here is not whether we believe someone will fight for something, but rather, what really is the point of fighting for that if that would just create more problem.

As I said to another member here, the Chinese war on Taiwan, if happened, would be a zero sum game for China, first of all, victory is not guaranteed, and if they do fight back, China essentially destroying the people and land they wanted to integrate. And in the process also destroying part of China and trash whatever reputation Chinese has build up. I mean, it's not hard to think if China did do that, they are going to be relegated into "Russian" category in world view.

Essentially what China is doing is another Russia on Ukraine. In some delusional way, Chinese (well, at least Chinese PDF people here) think if China attack, Taiwan would just lay down their arms and follow the Chinese rules. The term resistance is not in their mind and then uses some odd YouTube video to "Justify" their view. It wouldn't take an idiot to know if the "Reunification" movement is strong, they wouldn't be voting in president after president that resisted that idea, And if the Chinese really do think like that, they are most likely into a very rude awakening.

Now, on to Mr Beijing. I saw enough people who say, "I will do this and that when it comes down to" But at the end of the day, most of these people are going to be "No-Show Susie" when it's time they do their deed, like when 9-11 happened. Not gonna blame him, bravado and talk tough is easy, putting your action in is not. In fact, even I did go to Iraq and Afghanistan. If I were given a choice, I probably would not choose to go there, but then I signed up for the Army before 9-11, so that choice was made for me. But well. c'est la vie

And when he even dodge those simple question I ask him of, that's usually point to that guy would just talk. Again, I am not his mother, I am not his government, I can't really do much for someone who all mouth, I have some fun poking him tho.

najib2288

New Recruit

Dec 13, 2022
Country
Pakistan
BACK TO THE THREAD
If China didn't actively help North Vietnam , how did they won the civil war? Why the american army didn't cross the line to directly attack North Vietnam? You thinks it's by virtue of north vietnam military superiority?

War game suggests Chinese invasion of Taiwan would fail at a huge cost to US, Chinese and Taiwanese militaries

I doubt it takes only several hours for material delivery + working process + drying process.; could be days the fastest. Those fixing time will be valuable for PLAAF to secure her position. Besides the destruction target is not only the runaway of course. Nobody said DF-21/26 can't be...
defence.pk
tiny extract from above
===================================================

AND THE USA FIASCO IN VIETNAM WHEN USA HAD 100 TIMES THE FIREPOWER OF CHINA AND VIETNAM
04-17-nam-fall-01.jpg

USA WERE WARNED NOT TO GO NORTH OF THE PARALLEL

USA dared not cross the parallel.

China told them if USA cross the parallel, China will put Chinese boots on the ground below the parallel in numbers that pale what China did when Dugout Doug approached the Yalu River.

main-qimg-f101c7f9b3e6b53ead4cb3a8b4210040

USA remembered what happened when they encountered Chinese even though most of the Chinese had only single shot bolt action rifle against USA battleships and artillery and Ma Deuces and unlimited ammo.

USA blinked and blinked and tail between legs and did not have the cojones to cross.

AND NOW USA KNOW CHINA GOT LOTS OF BANG AND LONGER REACH THEN USA CAN DREAM OF.

AND ANY TIME USA WANT TO TURN PUSHING INTO REAL SHOVING, CHINA WILL BE MORE THAN READY AND WILLING TO TANGO :enjoy:

======================================================

It's a civil war stil has huge impact on today's China, Taiwan issue is the direct result of this unfinished civil war, China is still divided.

Why the Chinese Civil War was the Bloodiest in Modern History​

That Chinese Civil War was NOT THE BLOODIEST IN MODERN HISTORY
Not by a long short.

Perhaps if all the deaths in WW2 added to the American Civil war, Napoleanic wars, and WW1 and Russian civil war combined, that perhaps the numbers of deaths of that Taiping revolution and associated revolutions in China of that time be matched.

Those wars were not entirely Chinese against Chinese. A strong element of anti Western Imperialism was at the root of those troubles, and Western Armies ganging up with Manchurian forces to kill and slaughter Chinese in the bloodiest blood bath ever known in human history.

I doubt even with final conclusion of that Chinese Civil War and the absorbtion of Taiwan back into China, will the numbers of dead be a fraction of the Taiping Revolution - Started by this chinese who claimed to be a brother to Jesus.

But if NATO want to be Murica doggie and with Japan want to attack China, like they did in Taiping Revolution and burning of the Summer Palace, in the guise of peace and protecting Taiwan, the total number of dead might exceed the Taiping revolution.

Except the vast number of dead will not be just in China. The deads will be in Japan and Murica and EU as well as I cannot see how war of that nature in our times not turn to dropping of nukes here and there and everywhere.

LET THERE BE PEACE , OR PAY THE FULL PRICE

LegionnairE

Apr 18, 2010
Country
Turkey
Hi,

They don't need to---. Quality has a quantity of its own---.

They have already shown and proved it---. If you cannot comprehend it---that is a surprise---.
Ukraine still doesn't have Su35s and Su57s. Russia holds technological edge. It doesn't matter because the training is shit.

It's the human element that failed, not the technology. We can agree to disagree

MastanKhan

PDF VETERAN
Dec 26, 2005
Country
Pakistan
Ukraine still doesn't have Su35s and Su57s. Russia holds technological edge. It doesn't matter because the training is shit.

It's the human element that failed, not the technology. We can agree to disagree
Hi,

Does not make any difference if you disagree---.

The fact stays that your assessment is wrong and you have very little understanding of combat..

Russia allowed Ukraine to get shiploads of weapons in the one month---it got loaded upto the hilt with the latest anti armor and anti air weapons---.

If you cannot comprehend the significance of TIME---You will have serious problems understanding wars---10-4.

LegionnairE

Apr 18, 2010
Country
Turkey
Hi,

Does not make any difference if you disagree---.

The fact stays that your assessment is wrong and you have very little understanding of combat..

Russia allowed Ukraine to get shiploads of weapons in the one month---it got loaded upto the hilt with the latest anti armor and anti air weapons---.

If you cannot comprehend the significance of TIME---You will have serious problems understanding wars---10-4.
Hi,

It matters a lot that I disagre---

My assessment is correct and you have very little understanding of combat---

If a bunch of NLAWS and Stingers is enough to stop the Russian army. Russian army sucks, Turkish army would absolutely assrape them---.

If you cannot comprehend this you're going to have problems---

The most important thing Ukraine did in the first month was MOBILIZATION--- 10-4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom