• Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I would love to live in Beijing (China) - Indian FM

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by Lankan Ranger, May 12, 2013.

1. Lankan Ranger

Lankan Ranger ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 8,024 / -0
    I would love to live in Beijing (China) - Indian FM

External Affairs minister Salman Khurshid said he had a "very very friendly, open and productive meeting" with Chinese premier Li Keqiang, who is scheduled to visit India later this month in his first official overseas trip. During the visit, the two countries will make a joint statement that is meant to send a "strong message to our people, to Asia and the rest of the world", Khurshid said.

"Both sides felt a measure of satisfaction that the existing mechanisms had worked" in resolving the border intrusion at Daulat Beg Oldie that lasted nearly three weeks. Khurshid told the Chinese that both sides should work out through their respective systems why such a thing happened and that in future should such incidents happen, they should "be addressed with a greater sense of urgency and with less passage of time".

Khurshid, who waxed eloquent about the flowers in Tiananmen Square, the warmth of the people on the streets of Beijing and Chinese blossoms in spring, said if asked whether he would like to live in China, the answer would be yes. "But not while I'm foreign minister," he clarified.

I would love to live in Beijing, Salman Khurshid says - The Times of India

Would love to live in China but not when foreign minister: Salman Khurshid - The Economic Times

[​IMG]

2. Parul

Parul BANNED

Ratings:
    +3 / 23,254 / -3
    Russian Federation
    Welcome to GO :smitten:

3. Srinivas

Srinivas ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 14,799 / -27
    India
    The pollution there is making lives of the citizens a hell. I wonder what he liked there :lol:

Beijing Residents May Not Be Able to Escape China's Bad Air - Philip Bump - The Atlantic Wire

China's wildly fluctuating (and increasing) urban air pollution is prompting some residents of Beijing to seek homes elsewhere. A look at recent air pollution data, though, suggests that most of the country's cities suffer similar problems.

Both the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times have written recently about Chinese workers and families who want to leave the country's cities in search of breathable air. The Times quotes a doctor:

“I’ve been here for six years and I’ve never seen anxiety levels the way they are now,” said Dr. Richard Saint Cyr, a new father and a family health doctor at Beijing United Family Hospital, whose patients are half Chinese and half foreigners. “Even for me, I’ve never been as anxious as I am now. It has been extraordinarily bad.”

He added: “Many mothers, especially, have been second-guessing their living in Beijing. I think many mothers are fed up with keeping their children inside.”
    But it isn't just Beijing. Ever since the U.S. Embassy in the capital installed an air quality monitor and started tweeting hourly readings (see: @BeijingAir), U.S. facilities in other cities, like Shanghai (@ShanghaiAir), have followed suit. The newly public data also both inspired the Chinese government to recognize the problem and encouraged others to develop tools to track it. A group calling itself aqicn.org (Air Quality Index China) offers a real-time map.

4. Beerbal

Beerbal FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 618 / -1
    Welcome...

Hope all congressi live in china...

5. Parul

Parul BANNED

Ratings:
    +3 / 23,254 / -3
    Russian Federation
    Mate! most of our Politicians are corrupt not only Congressi. I think most of our politicians will end up in China...:laughcry:

6. Shardul.....the lion

Shardul.....the lion SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,388 / -1
    India
    lets export all congressis to beijing................ he he

7. Mrityunjay Rai

Mrityunjay Rai FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 236 / -1
    Please sir go to Chaina..
    Aise chutiye hamare politician hain ki jitani gali do kam hai..

8. gpit

gpit SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,055 / -0
    LOL!

You Think the Air in Beijing Is Bad? Try New Delhi
    Your democracy kills you quietly...

9. Srinivas

Srinivas ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 14,799 / -27
    India
    We are discussing about Beijing not new Delhi.

10. Psyops

Psyops BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 795 / -0
    Not surprised, many Indians already live in China. They come to China to start a business and live a good life. China is a better place to live than India. Go to Shanghai and you will see what I'm talking about. Sure we have some problems like pollution, but that's being addressed. This foreign minister probably wants to escape the stench of the human faeces in Indian streets due to the well publicised defecation problem.

11. Koovie

Koovie ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 10,795 / -2
    Its a diplomatic gesture you dumb kids....

12. A1Kaid

A1Kaid PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +8 / 8,286 / -0
    Pakistan
    Indian FM: "I would love to live in Beijing."

Translation: My country sucks, I want to live in China instead.

13. danger007

danger007 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 8,107 / -29
    India

ah i see that is why you are living USA.... because your country is sucks and lot terrorists camp, etc...

ok i got it ...

14. huskie

huskie FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 330 / -0
    the original news is about an Indian politician based in New Delhi talking about Beijing, so yeah, gpit's comparison of New Delhi and Beijing as a response to your hostile remarks on Beijing is very spot on.

15. A1Kaid

A1Kaid PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +8 / 8,286 / -0
    Pakistan
    I've been living in US way before terrorism began in Pakistan, you fail.