What's new

Huawei drops 5G for new P50 phones as US sanctions grip

GumNaam

ELITE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2016
Country
Pakistan
TAIPEI -- Huawei Technologies on Thursday night revealed its first premium smartphones equipped with the Chinese group's alternative to Android software but without 5G connectivity, in a setback forced by restrictions on its access to American technology.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/H...ps-5G-for-new-P50-phones-as-US-sanctions-grip
before you rectally orgasm inside your nickers, take a close gander at this:
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 2.40.56 PM.png

notice the huge pro-Huawei green vs. the piddly banned piddly maroon...and mind you, this is one year old, in 2021, work is full steam ahead on Huawei's 5G all over africa, south america and yes, Pakistan as well. and Afghanistan will soon be next. rest assured, the "caucasian ban" on Huawei's 5G (just sayin' it like is) hasn't made a dent in Huawei's 5G as they are already in a dominating position. if anything, it has hurt its own market cuz let's face it, the american 5G's performance is pathetic at best; I know cuz I use it and it sucks turds. Having said that, the idiot american strategizers may well have spelled the death of its own android and ios after the introduction of the Harmony OS into the american markets.

count on america to shoot itself in his own @ss. :lol:

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2014
Country
United States
View attachment 766174

notice the huge pro-Huawei green vs. the piddly banned piddly maroon...and mind you, this is one year old, in 2021, work is full steam ahead on Huawei's 5G all over africa, south america and yes, Pakistan as well. and Afghanistan will soon be next. rest assured, the "caucasian ban" on Huawei's 5G (just sayin' it like is) hasn't made a dent in Huawei's 5G as they are already in a dominating position. if anything, it has hurt its own market cuz let's face it, the american 5G's performance is pathetic at best; I know cuz I use it and it sucks turds. Having said that, the idiot american strategizers may well have spelled the death of its own android and ios after the introduction of the Harmony OS into the american markets.

Huawei smartphone business has been crushed, their market share has plummeted to 5%. Huawei is an afterthought at this point.
View attachment 766174

And no 5G killer app exists. A Chinese 5G user doesn’t experience a superior 5G experience because it doesn’t exist.

Last edited:

GumNaam

ELITE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Huawei smartphone business has been crushed, their market share has plummeted to 5%. Huawei is an afterthought at this point.

And no 5G killer app exists. A Chinese 5G user doesn’t experience a superior 5G experience because it doesn’t exist.
Chinese 5G can't POSSIBLY be as bad the 5G t-mobile is offering; and I had switched from verizon...both equally suck. and if you call a "5%" dip and that too, in just the u.s. markets and no where else as being "after thought", that I sincerely hope that the capitol hill hires you as an advisor. :lol:

a pic is worth a thousand pics and as you can tell by the map pic I posted, Huawei is dominating globally whether you like it or not. if you don't like it then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it doesn't change reality one bit. ;)
Huawei phones suck compared to Xiaomi. Huawei's expertise is telecom equipment. Xiaomi's expertise is smartphone. Xiaomi sells more than Apple globally.
I dunno about that, I've noticed that Huawei phones are more popular in Pakistan than Xiaomi; maybe depends on the city in Pakistan cuz my observation has been only from rawalpindi.

Beidou2020

Dec 3, 2013
Country
China
Huawei's smartphone business has been effectively crushed by the US.
Huawei is waiting for EUV lithography to produce chips below 7nm chips. DUV lithography by SMEE that can do up to 7nm will be available this year. That means Huawei’s 5G telecommunications business will be operating as normal. There is a reason Huawei’s chip firm HiSilicon isn’t closing down like what Westerners thought.

Once the EUV lithography is available, Huawei’s 5G smartphone business will come back rapidly.

I wouldn’t be celebrating too soon. You’ll have egg on your face.

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2014
Country
United States
Huawei is waiting for EUV lithography to produce chips below 7nm chips. DUV lithography by SMEE that can do up to 7nm will be available this year. That means Huawei’s 5G telecommunications business will be operating as normal. There is a reason Huawei’s chip firm HiSilicon isn’t closing down like what Westerners thought.

Once the EUV lithography is available, Huawei’s 5G smartphone business will come back rapidly.

I wouldn’t be celebrating too soon. You’ll have egg on your face.

Huawei has turned into an afterthought with only 5% market share. Its essentially a nobody at this point.

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2014
Country
United States
Did you even read what I just said? :lol:
Ive read a lot of your garbage over the last 7 years. I remember last year you said the US was set to collapse at the outbreak of COVID. Meanwhile the US is growing FASTER than it was precovid and has added $1.2T to its economy in the first half of this year. You don't have a clue Beidou...as usual

Huawei is getting crushed. Everything else is just talk

Beidou2020

Dec 3, 2013
Country
China
Ive read a lot of your garbage over the last 7 years. I remember last year you said the US was set to collapse at the outbreak of COVID. Meanwhile the US is growing FASTER than it was precovid and has added $1.2T to its economy in the first half of this year. You don't have a clue Beidou...as usual

Huawei is getting crushed. Everything else is just talk
I have clearly explained what Huawei is doing to survive until EUV lithography is ready to get back into the 5G smartphone market.

As for getting crushed……son the only thing getting crushed is your ego and pride seeing the American empire decline and running around like a headless chicken seeing the rise of China.

Learn to cope.

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2014
Country
United States
I have clearly explained what Huawei is doing to survive until EUV lithography is ready to get back into the 5G smartphone market.

As for getting crushed……son the only thing getting crushed is your ego and pride seeing the American empire decline and running around like a headless chicken seeing the rise of China.

Learn to cope.

Your a bag of hot air Beidou. Just like in April of 2020 when you said the US was done for, that it was over, and the US wouldn't recover. Meanwhile, the US is growing faster than it was prior to Covid and has added over $1.2T to its economy the first 6 months of this year.

Your predictions are worthless...

China will forever live in the shadow of the United States.

Leishangthem

Mar 12, 2019
Country
India
Huawei can take a hibernation till they sort chips issues out,their AI-hardware ecosystem is still a leader.
The China exclusivity of P series may only increase the appeal for the P series outside China,somewhat like how GTR-R34 is a legend and still coveted due to its quality and exclusivity .American are mass buying the car for home import when the blockade on the model runs out in some years.

Last edited:

Globenim

Aug 19, 2011
Country
China
Paid shills still huffing and puffing hot air about the latest flagship phone of a thriving company they declared crushed and dead two years ago, already running fully functionally on a independent OS they declared a desperate lie and vaporware a year ago until they were forced to flipflop to lies about it being an "inferior copy" of both Android and iOS at the same time with all the same features plus some more as the first milestone to independence, soon to be followed by remaining chipsets, reached ten millions of other Huawei smartphone devices over the past months. 😂

CAPRICORN-88

Aug 19, 2015
Country
Singapore
A stagger perhaps but hardly a fatal bite.

When Huawei returns with their wholely homegrown and homemade chips, it will be all over for USA.

The clock is ticking away and it is gettong closer approximately 1~1.5 year away.

Huawei is now working towards building its own chips using its patented LPP lithography machine and has successfully created up to 5nm node and even smaller.

OMG Imagine the whole USA Government taking on a Chinese Private Inc.

I wonder how USA intend to take on China?
No wonder USA is desperately seeking ally?

:cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom