What's new

How Tall Are Bears

Latest Update

New Recruit

Aug 18, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Tall Bears Recorded on Earth
Here are four categories of bear recorded on earth to be the tallest one.

🐻 1.Black Bears
The world record black bear skull scores 23 10/16 and was found in Sanpete County, UT in 1975. Boone and Crockett indicate that the huge length of the skull without the lower jaw is 14 12/16, and the considerable width of the skull is 8 14/16.

For comparing the skull, Robert Christian’s 2011 world record hunter-taken black bear had a skull that attained 23 9/16. His bear weighed 733 pounds. Heavier bears have been taken, containing various that have approached 900 pounds.

For more info: How Tall Are Bears

waz

SENIOR MODERATOR
Sep 15, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Kodiak Bear is the toughest carnivore on earth. A Siberian tiger is the only thing coming close.

Last edited:

waz

SENIOR MODERATOR
Sep 15, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Kodiak Bear or anyother, are on the menu list of Siberian Tiger
Nope that's incorrect. The bear you are talking about is the Kamchatka, which is a sub species.
The Kodiak does NOT habitat Russia. Also its a well known fact when the Amur the vast majority of the time preys on brown bears, they usually target young and sub-adult brown bears, besides small female adults.

Big males are generally not approached, and there are plenty of documented kills of Amur tigers by adult male Kamchatkas, with the bear eating the tiger afterwards.

Now a Kodiak is a different animal and will destroy an Amur piece by piece.
The average Amur male weighs around 215.3 kg
Mature Kodiaks weigh 477–534 kg double the weight of a Siberian tiger!
They're both around 8 feet in length.
Kodiaks also fight on their feet, and when they stand they are over 10 feet tall! Good luck fighting that from a low position the tiger will be in.
There is no match here and animal experts have discussed it on tv.

waz

SENIOR MODERATOR
Sep 15, 2006
Country
Pakistan
I'm forgetting, if it was the Swedish Border Guards or Norwegians, who used to carry 10mm pistols for defence against bears.
I think anything below a .357 pistol round or 7.62 rifle round is asking for your head to be torn off. I don't think a .45 would do much either.

YouGotRouged

Nov 15, 2011
Country
India
Was working for a hotel in the middle of nowhere once. Had a black bear outside going through our garbage. When it turned its head towards me, I slammed the door, called off work and changed my boxers in that order

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom