Lahore Junction railway station was built during the British Raj between 1859 -1860 in the typical grand architectural style of the British Raj period and is a lasting legacy of the extensive railway network established by the British and their contribution to the infrastructure of the region.
The station was commissioned by the British Government and construction was contracted to Mian Mohammad Sultan Chughtai, a formal prince of the Royal Mughal Empire. The front portion was disliked by the government and was subsequently rebuilt by Sultan Mohammad
A train carrying British troops leaves Kalabagh in Mianwali, a town on the Indus River around 100 miles from Waziristan. The majority of these railways were built by the British after conquering India.
Narrow guage railway line upto Laki Marwat.Onwards by road..
It Is one of the principal railway stations in Karachi, Sindh.
It is situated near Dr. Daudpota Road, Saddar. It was earlier known as Frere Street Station. Construction of the station began in 1896 and was completed in 1898.