• Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Historical Background of Pakistan and its People

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by Neo, Nov 5, 2007.

1. jinxeD_girl

jinxeD_girl SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,347 / -0
    pashtuns, balochis and tajiks are iranic peeople related to Persians..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. jinxeD_girl

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,347 / -0
    Wallaahi i'm pakistani not indian..........

I still doubt that you are Pakistani.. Even if you are NOT indian.. you are something else..

Wallaahi is a word commonly used by Arabs..:azn::azn: not so much by Pakistanis..

3. TheEnrichedOne

TheEnrichedOne FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 72 / -0
    You have reached my inner child. :wave:

Government is corrupt. :hitwall:

Don't extrapolate. :blink:

4. ajpirzada

ajpirzada PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +11 / 4,538 / -0
    Pakistan
    but havent they been living in this same place for centuries???
    also how are they iranic? i dont know much about all this

5. jinxeD_girl

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,347 / -0
    Yes they are living in their lands for centuries... but the language culture e.t.c of Pashtuns, Balochis etc is considered "Iranic". They belong to "Iranian tribes" which includes Persians, Kurds, Balochs, Lurs, Tajiks, Pashtuns etc... and that includes modern day Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Iran, Kurdistan and Western Pakistan (pashtun and balochi areas)..

Here is the language map... (kurdish, balochi, pashto are classified as Iranian languages, not Indian)

and here is the extent of Iranian tribes

Also you might want to check this article about Iranian peoples :-

Iranian peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  6. ajpirzada

Ratings:
    +11 / 4,538 / -0
    Pakistan
    so basically its only punjabis, sindhis, and urdu speaking who are indic.... rest all are iranic which include baluch, pashtun, kashmiri & baltistani. so this thread starter guy wasnt completely wrong. isnt it?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. jinxeD_girl

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,347 / -0
    yes he wasn't wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic when he said "Pakistanis being descendants of Arabs, Europeans and Russians":eek: or maybe he was just being ignorant?

As far as Punjabis are concerned, their language culture etc is classified as Indic but recent genetic tests have shown that 40% Punjabis also carry West and Central Asian genetic markers (That does make sense because Punjab being the first Indic state and surrounded by Kashmiris, Central Asians, West Asians etc) because throughout its history Punjab has been invaded again and again leaving high amount of genetic foot prints from Central and West Asia.

So as a WHOLE, Pakistanis are quite different from Indians. Actually Urdu was NOT one of the dominant languages spoken in present day Pakistan before partition... it is still the mother tongue of ONLY 8% Pakistanis.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. ajpirzada

Ratings:
    +11 / 4,538 / -0
    Pakistan
    that is quite interesting.
    so can i say i am pakistani arabian punjabi :pakistan:

urdu was mainly chosen because it represented sub continent muslims. otherwise neither in bangal nor in the then western pakistan had urdu as their mother language.

9. jinxeD_girl

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,347 / -0
    yeah I know :cheesy:.. I don't want Farsi to be our national language either, those were the views of the thread starter :cheesy: quoting him here :-

"Therefore, at this day and age when we have established our own internationally recognized state, why don't we practise our true culture such as considering the national language to be Persian (Farci) " :undecided::undecided::undecided::woot:

10. RobbieS

RobbieS SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,549 / -0
    Jinxy, about the Iranic people map. Does it show Kashmiris as Iranic people as well? If it does, its the first time I have seen that.

11. niaz

niaz PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +176 / 9,424 / -0
    Pakistan
    Whatever roots of the language or the ethnicity of the genes; the fact remains that Urdu was the most widely understood language in the united India. Even today an Urdu speaker doesn’t need any interpreter any where in the Northern and Central India. Similarly a Hindi speaker wouldn’t have any problem in conversing in any Pakistani city.

Try that with Persian and you would know the difference. Pakistani universal language is Urdu and would remain so.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  12. jinxeD_girl

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,347 / -0
    Kashmiris are Dardic people, not Iranic.

Where did I say Kashmiris are Iranic? :blink: and Kashmiris like Mirpuri etc are Indic people..
    :azn:

13. jinxeD_girl

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,347 / -0
    But Northern parts of Kashmir (Gilgit - Baltistan etc) are occupied by Pamiri Tajiks which are Iranic

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Ahmad

Ahmad SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,728 / -0
    could you tell us more about Dardic people?

15. Spring Onion

Spring Onion PDF VETERAN

Ratings:
    +17 / 35,130 / -0
    Pakistan
    :rofl::rofl: just check the highlighted word in red. We have already banned many of Bharatiyas who were having same problem of using the word and we have no doubt you are hiding behind Our lovely flag.

And as far as the fact bwahahahha You Know what even if you make me Queen of England i would not like to claim myself to be of Indian origion in exchange for that.

So get a life man Pakistanis dont like to be called themselves Hindustani origion

• Thanks Thanks x 2