• Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Gorkha regiments of Indian army may soon become history

Discussion in 'Indian Defence Forum' started by MINK, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RajputWarrior

RajputWarrior BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 632 / -9
    Well there are quite a few Gurkhas in the Assam regiment as well. Edited to Gurkha specific regiment.

2. Adnan Faruqi

Adnan Faruqi BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,271 / -0
    Thread starter have zero knowledge and changed real headline with a fake one. :angry: :tdown:

In Indian Army's Gurkha regiments there is a ratio of 60:40 i.e. There are 60% Indian Gurkha and only 40% Gurkha from Nepal.

And not to forget the Nepalese are continue to join Indian Army and no power in the world can stop them.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. beckham

beckham SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 1,155 / -0
    But in my observation states with higher percentage of GEN category (assuming martial races mostly fall under GEN ) does seem to have higher representation in army.

For instance states like H.P, Punjab,Haryana, JK ,Kerala are over represented while Tamil Nadu, MP, Bihar,A.P,Bengal are under represented.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. patna_ke_presley

patna_ke_presley FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 438 / -0
    Meanwhile Nepal has visa-less and Passport-less movement with India, they can apply for any government jobs like other Indians and don't need any work permit only need to carry a Nepal ID card with them. Nepalese people are ethnically similar to India, we have a huge Nepalese Minority and Madhesi people are ethnically similar to people of Bihar(Bhojpuris and Maithilis) and we Biharis even intermarry with Madhesi people. Nepal send people to study in world Famous school in Darjeelings, a cultural centre of Indian Nepalese.

So, if some communist stooges in Nepal thinks that they will do such act with India to create more space for China, they are the biggest stupid in the world.

5. livingdead

livingdead ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 21,593 / -6
    India
    People of bihar/Orissa/WB do well in govt exams, not because they are govt minded but there is not much career option and everybody seem to do so.
    Some regions have traditionally joined army, and army seems to focus on those areas for recruitment. Nothing to do with bravery or marital race.

6. Subramanian

Subramanian BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 394 / -0
    U never heard of gorkhaland?

7. Kazhugu

Kazhugu SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,691 / -0
    Col. Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to.
    Col. Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. cloud_9

cloud_9 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,050 / -3
    India
    The bolded one's aren't a race most of them are surnames or clan's as they are known.
    Tarkhans are carpenter's if i'm not wrong :undecided:

9. patna_ke_presley

patna_ke_presley FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 438 / -0
    ^^^^
    Exactly, Now Indian Gorkhas will have to compete less with Foreigners bringing more Indian nationals in the Army. "Chit bhi meri, Pat bhi meri"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. A1Kaid

A1Kaid PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +8 / 8,286 / -0
    Pakistan
    Nobody seriously cares about your lot of ethnic groups, many of you are racially Australoid-Negroid your a defeated people, you have literally been ruled and conquered by many, why should anyone care for your ethnic groups. I'm guessing you come from a defeated ethnic groups one with little achievement and weakness, it's people exactly like you who hide behind Gurkhas and Sikhs.

You also hid behind the British to seek refuge from the Muslims. Really don't talk about history you know little.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +24 / 14,993 / -12
    ^^^
    Time for the mods to come in here. Too much garbage is collecting. :P

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Kazhugu

Kazhugu SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,691 / -0
    buddhu...im a tamil...and we ruled entire south east asia along with lanka for a whole century with only our naval power....a feat no other group accomplished in entire india.....the marathas made the mughals look like neighbourhood kids and ruled india....i need not say about the jatts and rajputs....this is just a microcosm of india.....anyway i dont fault you...ur just regurgitating what your books taught you...i just pity you...

13. cloud_9

cloud_9 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 5,050 / -3
    India
    I partially agree with your argument.
    But the major reason is.....we dont have much of industry here most of the time you are either a farmer or a goverment employee for the state governement and getting government jobs isn't a easy task.So if you are Year 12 graduate,the institution you can bet on for a goverment job is Army or Police.This is the present scenario in J&K,Punjab,HP,Northern parts of Rajasthan & Haryana.

14. Lord Of Gondor

Lord Of Gondor FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,541 / -1
    India
    Stop replying to the bigots!

15. IndoCarib

IndoCarib ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 14,236 / -9
    India

The regiments of Indian army