• Friday, January 24, 2020

Gorkha regiments of Indian army may soon become history

Discussion in 'Indian Defence Forum' started by MINK, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janon

janon ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 18,146 / -8
    India
    If the "problem" you are referring to was of such a magnitude that there was a state of hostility between tamil nadu and the rest of India, which is that your post implied, then I can only be generous and assume you got your countries mixed up.

Otherwise please educate this noob what you were referring to, when you implied that. If you can't do that, I may humbly point out that the readers will infer who the real fool is.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. A1Kaid

A1Kaid PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +8 / 8,286 / -0
    Pakistan

All Indian Hindus except Gurkhas is the implied meaning, you all are various ethnicities it's just easier to call all of you Hindus. Your too slow to get the point. You xyz ethnic groups hide behind Gurka better for you?

3. gubbi

gubbi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,386 / -0
    India
    FYI, originally Gorkhas are from Nepal - the only Hindu Kingdom, or now, the only officially Hindu country in the world.

4. janon

janon ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 18,146 / -8
    India
    You really don't have a clue, do you? The states are not going to war over the mullaperiyar issue. Not even police forces, let alone the army.
    The situation is different in pakistan where the army is battling its own citizens. The TTP is mostly composed of native pakistanis, there is a reason it is called Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan. Your air force is doing bombing runs against them, which is what they ostensibly got new F-16s for. Your army, including the SSG is battling them. If you think you can compare that situation to the mullaperiyar issue, you are as clueless as a spoon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. LiberalAtheist

LiberalAtheist SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,009 / -0
    India has its own indigenous population of Gorkhas in fact Gorkhas are trying to establish their own state in India in north eastern west bengal called Gorkhaland BJP fully supports the creation of Gorkhaland along with Telangana

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

@Al Khalid saying Hindus hide behind Sikhs and Gorhkas did you forget about the Rajputs and many other ethnic groups predominately Hindu that were granted martial race status by the British please learn about Yogendra Singh Yadav and what he did to your soldiers in Kargil

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Avisheik

Avisheik SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,711 / -0
    Bangladesh
    I think the decision by nepal will be a boon for india and nepal.

1. Employment for indian youths, instead of employment of foreigners.
    2. It will change nepal's economic structure and they would not have to be dependent on india

7. Black Widow

Black Widow BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,054 / -17
    Japs use to say "God has given us small legs, so that we should not run away from War field", Gurkha replied "Mother Kali has given us small leg and khukhari, so that we can not run away and chop off the enemy neck."

I will tell some story
    1. One gurkha fought against many Talibans.
    2. one gurkha chop off Talibani head, so that Americans can run DNA test.. :D
    3. One Gurkha killed 7 Dacoits in Train (Assam-Delhi train).

Like wise there are many such brave story of gurkhas, And most Important thing

Gurkha's bravery complemented with character. They never misuse there strength.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Kalyugi Mirza

Kalyugi Mirza FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 962 / -0
    yaar they are quite hard working not sust like us...

9. janon

janon ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10 / 18,146 / -8
    India
    The very fact that you can't name the ethnic groups you want to deride, shows that you actually meant hindus and not any ethnic groups. And don't try to pretend otherwise, because it was your anti-hindu hatred and not any particular ethnicity you were trying to say hides behind someone. You just didn't realize that Gurkha is an ethnic group, as different from a religion. As I said before, you ought to be more informed.

"You rajputs and nagas and chakmas try to hide behind gurkhas" just wouldn't have made sense there.

And why all Indian hindus? Aren't you also imlying that Indian muslims and Indian sikhs and Indian christians hide behind gurkhas? This is what happens when you try to be a religious troll to hide your frustration - you tend to not follow your thoughts to their logical conclusions.

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  10. Solar Flare

Solar Flare FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 142 / -0
    We aren't playing Age of Empires here. 100 Seals Vs 100 Gurkhas. :girl_wacko:

11. Black Widow

Black Widow BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,054 / -17
    Age of empire or Rise of nations, Give me 100 Gurkhas I will win the game... :P

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Kazhugu

Kazhugu SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,691 / -0
    lol he implied the ex-pak army mercenaries being recruited by the bahraini king to brutalise the shia majority....duh....

13. ILLUMINATO

ILLUMINATO BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 423 / -0
    Sir,
    Major General A1Kaid
    with due respect to your POST COUNT,
    I want to draw your attention to few names of so called races with Martial Status,as in wikipedia they are
    Ahirs/Yadavs
    Awans
    Bhumihar (excluded later after rebellions)
    Bunt
    Dhund Abbasis
    Dogra
    Gakhars
    Garhwalis
    Ghumman
    Gujjar
    Gurkhas
    Janjua
    Jats
    Khokhar
    Kodava
    Kumaoni/Kumaunis
    Mahars
    Marathas
    Mohyals
    Mukkulathor
    Nairs (removed after rebelling)
    Pathans
    Qaimkhanis
    Rajputs
    Sainis of undivided Punjab
    Satti
    Sikhs
    Sudhan
    Tanolis
    Tarkhans

Of these Bhumihars,Marathas and Nairs were so unruly that they couldn't be tamed even by harsh British rule,hence after 1857 they were not allowed to join army for quite a long time .Mangal Pandey himself belonged from Bhumihars a sub-clan of Brahmans.

Now you enlighten me that how many of them except Sikhs you find belong from Pakistan or to put it bluntly doesn't belog from Sanatan Dharma (Hindoo for your understanding).
    Martial Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. harpoon

harpoon ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 6,069 / -1
    India
    I also don't agree to it. Our greatest post-independence military victory, the 1971 war, was given to us by a Parsi General (Gen. Manekshaw) born to a doctor . He was aided by a Jewish General (Gen.Jacob) and both Parsis and Jews does not come under the so called Marshal Race.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  15. I spikes therefore I am

I spikes therefore I am BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 614 / -2
    Have knw the famous quote of Maneshaw abt Gorkhas? . Even our country is soft power becoz of those issues. We lost many lands to our neighbors that's all happened during in Nehru and Vajpayee (even its small peak its matters) leaderships all the shyte happens becoz of non aggressive nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.