What's new

Going to Pakistan with American Wife: Ongoing Updates

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
We brought back about a dozen Pakistani dresses with the view to give as gifts to family and friends. Most of them are already spoken for but, alas, due to Covid, there are no social engagements for the ladies to try them out in social gatherings.
Only a few still remain--as shown here. Even from these the black and tan on the right is just spoken for.
Pakistani clothes look wonderful on any lady!

Clothes.jpg

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
December 2019 near Islamabad. Hired this gentleman Omar Khayyam (yes!) who was a friend of our hotel's management. He was hired for two days: First day to take to areas like Murree, Bhurban etc. He took us to his village first which was about 30-40 minutes from Islamabad. The altimeter on my phone measured about 3000+ feet elevation around his village. A very tranquil and beautiful place. There is a community based water management system where they harness spring water to store for home use and for agriculture.

Here is a local grocery store to get some fruit in his village. We got some fruits. The apples were truly delicious! We got pomegranate and apples. The shop owner was refusing to accept money from him--we too offered to pay but Omar or the shop owner wouldn't take from us. Amazing people.

ISB_Road_trip_shop.jpg

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
We had stayed a total of 2 nights at Karachi's Beach Luxury hotel. A wonderful and very safe place. Not cheap at about $85/night but that did have breakfast for two included in their wonderful buffet restaurant: I think it's "007". Yes, named after James Bond!
A short walk from the hotel is Karachi's wonderful Port Grand street food area. Here is a video of that:

Black.Mamba

Oct 16, 2020
Country
Pakistan
Thank you to both of you for showing the true side of Pakistan and hats off to our Bhabhi for all the videos she posts. I am married to a Moroccan so just like everyone else the day my in-laws heard the word Pakistan, the only image came to their mind was bombs, people killing each other on streets and what not. Unfortunately, the International media deliberately only paints such a picture about us for their own vested interests. Even all the digital media platforms with their twisted algorithms show only the negative news however over time I have been feeding them with positive stuff, sharing them the better side of Pakistan, explaining the role of Afghanistan situation and India's dirty tricks. From the point, "I will never goto Pakistan" and "You will never push me to go along" now my wife practically talks about visiting every single day and hopefully we will shortly once we are done with this whole pandemic 🤞 .

Meengla

Aug 1, 2009
Country
Pakistan
Thank you to both of you for showing the true side of Pakistan and hats off to our Bhabhi for all the videos she posts. I am married to a Moroccan so just like everyone else the day my in-laws heard the word Pakistan, the only image came to their mind was bombs, people killing each other on streets and what not. Unfortunately, the International media deliberately only paints such a picture about us for their own vested interests. Even all the digital media platforms with their twisted algorithms show only the negative news however over time I have been feeding them with positive stuff, sharing them the better side of Pakistan, explaining the role of Afghanistan situation and India's dirty tricks. From the point, "I will never goto Pakistan" and "You will never push me to go along" now my wife practically talks about visiting every single day and hopefully we will shortly once we are done with this whole pandemic 🤞 .
Best of luck! And when you do go to Pakistan with your wife, make videos or blogs. We have ALL got to do whatever little bit we can. Truth eventually comes out.

As for my wife--her channel is pretty dud. We don't have the time or the skills for videos. But it's okay. We do what we can and hope it will eventually contribute to making a difference.

BTW, some more videos to come. Including interview with shy school kids around Omar Khayyam's village where their school van had a flat tire. Also, bargaining in Karachi's shops to buy clothes. Then there is dancing along with hundreds of people in Karachi's Sindh Culture Day....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom