• Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Geo:- People’s court announces verdict on Pak cricket case

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by MZUBAIR, Feb 7, 2010.

1. MZUBAIR

MZUBAIR SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,525 / -0
    Australia
    KARACHI: A short judgment has been made following the humiliating defeat of Pakistan cricket team against Australia.

The decision was made after a hearing that went on for 5 hours at stretch. It says: the players power be eliminated; a board representing all the four provinces be set up; Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) be privatized; new constitution be formulated; the overall structure of the Board be improved; divisional cricket be promoted and; the president should not appoint the chairman.

Former skipper Pakistan cricket team, Imran Khan said the President should not be the head of the Board and that the Parliament should not interfere in the matters of cricket.

Director General of PCB, Javed Miandad said talented players are coming forward because of departmental cricket. Therefore, he said, the departments be encouraged to participate in sports.

He said the skills of the players are not being properly made us of.

Former chairman PCB Tauqir Zia said junior players are put behind and forgotten, terming it a major reason for the problem. “This shatters the passion of the players,” he argued.

Former captain Amir Sohail said players, officials, institutions – all of them – are responsible for the destruction of cricket. Only passion is not going to turn things around, as the players also have to run their houses, he added.

He said the Board had so much money that it could give the players hundreds of thousands rupees, but, unfortunately, it did not happen.

Former skipper of Pakistan cricket team, Rashid Latif described match-fixing as another major reason for the current state of affairs of the Pakistan’s cricket. The players involved in match-fixing were rewarded, he said.

He said it is the Presidency that is responsible for the miserable condition of cricket.

Former chairman PCB, Khalid Mehmood said the players used to play with passion in the past but now they only play for money.

Also stating their views during the hearing were former cricketers Mushtaq Ahmed, Azhar Mahmood, Saleem Yousuf, former chairman PCB Khalid Mahmood, members PCB governing body Dr Mohammad Ali Shah and Shakeel Shaikh, chairman National Assembly’s standing committee Jamshed Dasti, senator Anwar Baig, former manager Pakistan cricket team Azhar Zaidi, commentator Munir Hussain, senior sports journalists Abdul Majid Bhatti and Abdul Waheed Khan.

f741cb81dad647a4481b1a101671fd28.gif

Thanxs to GEO
    372c8cdcbb3a8350402478abac4ac7ce.gif

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. MZUBAIR

MZUBAIR SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,525 / -0
    Australia
    Ijaz Butt should go now.

Wt his team will do in T20 Wc, and in 2011 WC?

3. MZUBAIR

MZUBAIR SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,525 / -0
    Australia
    Mr President (Mr 10%) is still silent on this issue.

4. DaRk WaVe

DaRk WaVe PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,830 / -0
    Pakistan
    coz he has got his 10% :lol:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Zaki

Zaki MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +18 / 22,886 / -0
    Pakistan
    as i was saying yesterday........ wait for the complete post-martem of our team......... soon u will see younger players in our team Kamran Akmal, Afridi, Asif, Aamir and Ajmal might stay...... rest of the players position has come under scrutiny....... there will be completely new batting line up in our squad with the exeption of 1-2 senior players

6. MZUBAIR

MZUBAIR SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,525 / -0
    Australia
    Kamran is not fit for International Test's n ODI's. He usually drops one or two catches in 5 day games or after every 3rd ODI.
    Omer Akmal is good with bat, but he is involved in politics with his bro Kamran.

Malik, Younis and Yohana have no place in 11. They hav played their cricket. They r not consistent with the bat. In one test one of them score 200 and then scores less then 10 in next 10 games.

All 11 players are unfit to field

We have very poor domestic structure...........every thing is working on Adhoc system. We need administration for PCB which can work at grass-level. PCB shouldnt work under atonamous body. Wt can one expect from Zardari.
    We are going to hav T20 WC within next 2 months and the moral, performance and attitude of the team below average.

Dont expect that with this team and PCB mgmt we are going to perform well in this T20 WC :tdown:

7. AZADPAKISTAN2009

AZADPAKISTAN2009 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44 / 30,296 / -2
    Pakistan
    Too many cooks in kitchen is what pakistan has problem with

Every one has their own vision how thing should be done

They can't see and learn from countries that have a winning system but in their own minds they all feel that their idea is fool proof

Sadly -

Our corporate sponsorship sector is Shiat -

Only departments hire/play players and that is it

Just build academies where Youth players can go learn their technique and ban - 20/20 so youth players learn to play cricket and then become "stroke player" what ever the hell that is

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. qsaark

qsaark SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,379 / -0
    I believe improving first class cricket is the way to go at least in the present circumstances. This system has worked for our cricket before and if allowed to work it on its own without interference, it will work again. My father played first class cricket from WAPDA for some 10 years during his youth (1958-68), several of his colleagues went on representing Pakistan in the test cricket. He often told me, "back than, it was just another sport, people found no money, but lots of pride in representing their respective departments/institutions and remain physically fit was an added bonus". I have not seen him actively playing, but I saw my uncle, who also played first class cricket from Railways. It was very interesting as young kids to see him and his friends preparing for the practice match; how lovingly they would press their white uniforms, polishing shoes, cleaning up the 'kit' etc. We were always very curious about the 'kit' and wanted to touch and feel every thing in it. Me and my cousins were even beaten up several times for messing-up with the 'kit'.

It is several years since I almost stopped watching cricket. It is something your Dads and uncles and cousins have so passionately played, and you have also loved it a lot, and watching it going down the drain like this is very painful. Curse on those who are responsible for this state of Pakistani cricket.