Very interesting video, if you have the time do watch, an intelligent pragmatic thinker who has on ground experience and led the battle against the TTP himself. He hails from the tribal district of Tank, KP.
I will write a summary of his points below as it's a long video!
One of his main quotes in the video which was interesting: - “It is not that Pakistan is suffering from militancy, insurgency, violence or extremism alone – it is suffering from everything
, it is suffering from energy shortage, it is suffering from a collapsing economy, it is suffering because it has no government! There is simply no government, nobody is sitting down a deciding a clear-cut policy
, and those who try to, don’t learn from the past(have a poor understanding
It is clear the leadership is clearly inept and incompetent!
Previous areas that were stabilised and being controlled, were again reversed into high risk zones simply due to horrible policy by the government. People who have no understanding of their field are being made to create policy of things they have no knowledge on, creating a recurring crisis in every domain
The main points to take from the video:
- The resurgence of the TTP was not expected, it could have been averted – it was a product of bad understanding, poor planning, and poor policies!
(He later indirectly hints the blame at Bajwa and the top leadership IK included!)
- Strictly against “forgiveness”, “peace” or “settlements” with the TTP
– He says we are in a position of strength after defeating them, and as the state we should accept nothing less than an explicit surrender!
- TTP was supported by NDS, CIA and RAW
– there is evidence of many equipment captured that was Indian manufactured. India has supported numerous terrorist activities in Pakistan, but we failed to build a strong case or narrative around it, unlike how the Indians.
- The difference between the TTP and Afg Taliban – the TTP is a criminal organisation that generated revenue by controlling spaces in the tribal areas
and extracting funds/extortions! The Afghan Taliban is a political organisation, their main drive was against American intervention
in Afghanistan. They originally started as students in Saudi funded madrassas.
(However they were closely affiliated, even if not in agreement at times, due to both sides being Pashtoons with interconnected families and political marriages!
These affiliations are from the time of the Soviet Union jihad, many families had marriages and became connected further when Pashtuns from Afghanistan settled in Pakistan!)
-The Afg Taliban should not be allowed
to support the TTP.
-Afghanistan had imprisoned TTP members and wanted to help Pakistan negotiate a settlement with TTP, Gen Tariq was against this as “Afghanistan is nothing to negotiate a settlement” and these groups are criminals who have done a lot of damage. So they should be handed over unconditionally.
(There were somewhere around 40 thousand
total including their family members.)
- Extremely critical of Gen Bajwa
– calls his actions as unnecessary self-inflicted wounds
, with how he dealt with the Afghan Taliban ‘blackmail’ using TTP.
-Supports Imran Khan and would give his vote but is very critical of his security policy and foreign policy
. Claims that Imran Khan was trying to indirectly support the TTP
in a very skewed understand of the real situation!
- His solution to the problem was holding a Jirga with all 7 tribal agencies – the TTP members from Afghanistan appear unarmed before the Jirga leaders.
Any they must accept 4 conditions:
- You listen to the leaders of the Jirga and what they say.
- You accept the constitution of Pakistan.
- Agree to live as law abiding citizens.
- This is an explicit surrender, not a settlement.
This is what Gen (R) Tariq Khan believes was the solution that Faiz Hameed, Bajwa and Imran Khan should have went for!
- He is very critical of General Faiz Hammed, “wrong choice for DG ISI and corps commander” and “didn’t know what he was dealing with”
, and a “very very average person”
- LOL, they allowed
TTP militants to come back into the tribal areas WITH their weapons, and the TTP’s excuse was “we killed a lot of people and family in the tribal areas so we need our weapons for protection”
lmfao, this has to be a joke.
(General’s words, whoever gave the instructions at the border to allow them back in from Bajaur and adjacent areas, into Swat “is a criminal”!)
-The TTP’s demands can never
- The government made statements of striking inside Afghanistan territory to safeguard national security but then backtracked and said they didn’t say anything a few days later! Gen Tariq Khan argues if you are going to make such statements you should do it, using intelligence assets and drones!
- America was never defeated in Afghanistan. They won every single tactical battle, the withdrawal was a political withdrawal. It was a political defeat.
@FuturePAF @Goenitz @Menace2Society @villageidiot @PanzerKiel @Great Janjua @AlKardai @Sifar zero @Mirzali Khan