What's new

Forget long work hours, Alibaba's Jack Ma feels 4 hours a day, 3 days a week work culture could be t

Menthol

Aug 2, 2017
Country
Indonesia
Forget long work hours, Alibaba's Jack Ma feels 4 hours a day, 3 days a week work culture could be the norm soon

People could work as little as three days a week, four hours a day with the help of technology, Jack Ma said.

By Bloomberg | Updated: Sep 03, 2019, 01.18 PM IST

jack-ma.jpg

Agencies
Ma said the current education system was outdated -- modeled for the industrial period -- and he foresees a day when machines can outsmart humans in areas of memory and repetitive skills.
By Lulu Yilun Chen

Billionaire Jack Ma, long an outspoken advocate for China’s extreme work culture, says that people should be able to work just 12 hours a week with the benefits of artificial intelligence.

People could work as little as three days a week, four hours a day with the help of technology advances and a reform in education systems, the Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. co-founder said at the World Artificial Intelligence Conference in Shanghai Thursday. He spoke on-stage with Elon Musk, the chief executive officer of Tesla Inc. who is building manufacturing facilities in the city.

Ma cited electricity as an example of how developments in technology can free up time for leisure. “The power of electricity is that we make people more time so that you can go to karaoke or dancing party in the evening. I think because of artificial intelligence, people will have more time enjoying being human beings.”

“For the next 10, 20 years, every human being, country, government should focus on reforming the education system, making sure our kids can find a job, a job that only requires three days a week, four hours a day,” Ma said. “If we don’t change the education system we are in, we will all be in trouble.”

Just this year, Ma endorsed the China tech sector’s infamous 12-hours-a-day, six-days-a-week routine, so common it earned the moniker 996. In one blog post, China’s richest man this year dismissed people who expect a typical eight-hour office lifestyle, defying a growing popular backlash.

“I don’t worry about jobs,” Ma said on Thursday, making an optimistic case that AI will help humans rather than just eliminate their work. “Computers only have chips, men have the heart. It’s the heart where the wisdom comes from.”

Ma said the current education system was outdated -- modeled for the industrial period -- and he foresees a day when machines can outsmart humans in areas of memory and repetitive skills. He said future education systems need to help people become more creative. Musk agreed with Ma, not forgetting to tout his Neuralink project that is trying to merge the human brain with AI.

“The way education works right now, it’s really low bandwidth, it’s extremely slow, lectures are the worst,” said Musk. “Down the road with Neuralink you can just upload any subject instantly, it will be like the Matrix.”

https://m.economictimes.com/news/in...ould-be-the-norm/amp_articleshow/70887993.cms

I think it's true.

I experienced myself, at least just a piece of it.

With the help of IT I have more time to relax and thinking.

Omar Al-Deek

Aug 28, 2019
Country
Mexico
No!!!!! I am totally against whatever they are selling.

This kind of thing is pitched like it's a dream and then when it's implemented it's discovered to be a nightmare- then it's too late to reverse it!

Menthol

Aug 2, 2017
Country
Indonesia
No!!!!! I am totally against whatever they are selling.

This kind of thing is pitched like it's a dream and then when it's implemented it's discovered to be a nightmare- then it's too late to reverse it!

Yeah, I think it will still be 8 hours a day and 5 days a week.

Today 8 hours of job can be finished under just 4 hours. A job for 2 persons can be done by 1 person. And so on... until a job for a million of workers can be done by just one person.

There will be a massive lay off.

And the competition is getting tighter, as most of the work forces became businessman. And setup a business will be much easier. Massive business will fall and profit margin is thinner.

Will technology revolution bring happiness or more stress?

Omar Al-Deek

Aug 28, 2019
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I think it will still be 8 hours a day and 5 days a week.

Today 8 hours of job can be finished under just 4 hours. A job for 2 persons can be done by 1 person. And so on... until a job for a million of workers can be done by just one person.

There will be a massive lay off.

And the competition is getting tighter, as most of the work forces became businessman. And setup a business will be much easier. Massive business will fall and profit margin is thinner.

Will technology revolution bring happiness or more stress?

They are talking about merging our brains with AI.

I am absolutely not in favor of this new direction of technology.

The fact is a caste of technological overlords will be deciding for us the future of our societies and we common people will have no say- at least that is the future that these people are designing for us.

This documentary I watched years ago and this documentary I believe makes clear where this technological stuff is headed

They will market and are marketing these planned changes (which we common people will have no say in) as leading us in the direction of a utopia.... but I believe this documentary makes it very clear that what they are preparing will be in fact a nightmare and by the time the masses understand they will already be immersed in this new world designed by tech overlords and changes will be almost irreversible. In my belief, I think this is heading towards One World Government and Dajjal.

If anyone thinks I am alarmist they are entitled to their views but I believe they should watch the documentary.

I know a man who was working on the development of flying cars (and still is, as far as I know). He himself expected that we will see masses of people losing their jobs and civil unrest, as I believed as well.

I believe the coming technological changes will benefit a caste of tech overlords to a degree... but they will not benefit the masses. But the masses are kind of stupid so they'll blindly accept what they're told and not realize the truth until things have already gone too far. This is why they market the coming technology as leading to a utopia- it's a lie, however and just the opposite is true. The man I knew who himself was working in field I mentioned- he himself knew this.

However, what I want to mention is that there is a weird.... Satanic philosophy behind the tech caste. The people that are driving this stuff.... even the guy I know that was working on flying cars.... they have a weird Satanic philosophy behind what they're doing.

They believe that humans will become "Gods" through technology. It's a weird belief but the people driving this stuff really believe in that. It's a weird, Satanic philosophy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom