• Monday, December 11, 2017

Feminists defend sharmeen obaid

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by Mugwop, Nov 9, 2017.

1. friendly_troll96

friendly_troll96 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,717 / -12
    Pakistan
    Besharmeen Obaid is Ana of I Spit on Your Grave 2.

Unjtitled.jpg

2. Jon-Snow

Jon-Snow SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 7,533 / -5
    Pakistan

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Maarkhoor

Maarkhoor SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +37 / 10,980 / -0
    Pakistan
    By the way she said her sister visited doctor in medical emergency, so DOC what type of disease you suspected? when someone needs medical help to examine *******?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. padamchen

padamchen BANNED

Ratings:
    +5 / 3,456 / -4
    India
    Could be a whole many things man. Uterine or vaginal.

Doesn't even need to have been a disease per se. Maybe a surgical emergency. Like a foreign body.

Cheers, Doc

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Maarkhoor

Maarkhoor SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +37 / 10,980 / -0
    Pakistan
    That was more logical.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Khafee

Khafee PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +21 / 14,978 / -0
    United Arab Emirates
    STD

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Musafir117

Musafir117 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,200 / -5
    Pakistan
    We have a mind set they just hate whoever bring up real issues, I call them shutar murgh, Be malala or sharmeen and like them are not welcome by that mind set. Bringing up Acid Throwing on woman or honor killing is just a mirror and we hate coz in that mirror we can see our ugly faces.

8. Starlord

Starlord SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 5,629 / -1
    Pakistan
    this kind of women go to Western countries and pose for Rich white men .. than none of them actually think about Harassment .. as i said in another related thread, " Auqaat se Zayda mil gaya Sharmeen ko tu Pagal hi ho gae "

9. Mugwop

Mugwop PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +5 / 6,382 / -2
    Haiti

Watch this video after 3:39 and the truth will prevail

After watching her videos It's hard to believe her side of the story.

If she does that everyone outside of Pakistan will laugh at her even the most hardcore feminists out there won't support her.

10. The Sandman

The Sandman ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 14,631 / -0
    Pakistan
    6:13 "Agar ap meri consent lye begeir stalk ya friend request bhejein" wait WTF? this is social media mam if you're so worried about these main things than why the heck are you on FB? why not make your profile private? what kind of weird logic this "Feminist" is giving?

11. TMA

TMA SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,127 / -0
    Pakistan
    Yes. Either equality means equality or it does not. Perhaps Pakistan should ensure there are equal number of female road workers?

12. Ocean

Ocean FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 481 / -1
    Argentina
    Lots of pakistani women work on fields with their husbands, same women bear kids and do all house chores like a bher bakri. Women do mazdoori as well and that has been happening since eons even when women had no rights and no idea there is a thing called " rights"

One of our aunt used to do manual labor and had gotten scars and wounds around ehr waste from carrying weight

On topic, the responses in this thread pretty much show why pakistan is such a regressed and backward society.
    In pakistan doctors harassing or taking advantage of female patients awkward state is common , unfortunately either women are too shy or scared or fear reproach that they never speak up about it.

It is NO doctors business to send friend requests to any patient , why it gets more sensitive in case of women is cause women are a weaker party and likely to get easily harassed and intimidated; but whether its a male or female doctor crossing their boudnaries rules are meant to be applied equally.

If you want a contact with a patient through social media request them for it . If you dont then the patient is well within the right to report the incident to hospital authorities for her own and for future patients safety. Every hospital has a set of rules drawn out and if not then they can do on events-basis.
    In this scenario i dont know whether doctor deserved to be fired or not and what was the extent of his violation , but he definitely deserved some amount of penalizing to knock some sense into his head.

I am no fan of shirmeen and am fully aware how she uses pakistans weaknesses to make bucks and win award , her way of tweeting was super artogant and derogatory towards pakistan which is why she shot herself in the foot, but if we look at the case she was not in the wrong, the issue exists in Pakistan and needs to tackled.

What shocked me was that not only that people critcized her action but they started abusing her profusely for,it and even more surprising is the fact that the women also joined in alongwith men to abuse sharmeen. Those women never thought what if tomorrow they get subjected to some harassment what will they do?

I also saw some girls on social media who were okay with getting friends request because i have personally seen many pakistani girls who think that if a professor or a doctor etc etc hits on them then thats something really cool and that means they are some hotshot stuff and they must use those advances or friendships to their advantage , infact i am not sure but i guess this behavior would be manifesting on this forum too when girls would encourage male mods trying to befriend them cause girls would expect some benefits from them like getting think tank titles or mod ship etc e , i mean just as an example.

But when it comes to a doctors profession, equations change and boundaries are drawn.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  13. TMA

TMA SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,127 / -0
    Pakistan
    I know that women work in the fields and milk the buffaloes. But how many road workers have you seen?
    Or how many front line combat soldiers?
    Or how many long distance truck drivers? I do not think the ratio is 50:50.

14. Ocean

Ocean FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 481 / -1
    Argentina
    Women can be seen carrying bricks in buidlings construction in our part of the world.
    Not too sure about road workers but they are usually asisgned wih carrying heavy brickloads.

Front line combat soldiers - thats a forces decision else lot of women will come forward.

Women have physical constraints too that limit them from performing some of these tasks but despite that we see women being part of manual workforce in pakistan.

So even if for a second we assume women can not do above mentioned jobs, does that mean doctors should be allowed to send patients friends requests.?

15. padamchen

padamchen BANNED

Ratings:
    +5 / 3,456 / -4
    India
    My God man! The construction and the road work business runs almost solely (literally) on the heads of women.

Same in heavy industry like iron and steel.

Cheers, Doc