Yes, these are two different programs, the supersonic cruise missile has met certain milestones and will be revealed to the world in the not to distant future.
Hypersonic ballistic/cruise missile will be a real game changer. Especially in the context of S-400s. It will remove India’s false sense of security. It will also put Pakistan in an elite club, not too dissimilar to the cruise missiles when Pakistan first test fired Babur.Hypersonic is across the services, and yes that includes a naval version.
It is bro. And while we talk about some long bow, sharp spear with long range; lest not limit ourselves to one service and supersonic. May ALLAH help us and bless the guys AWC. Many of the advance weapons will reach to all services in different domain of their employment and for that, all the options including carrying platform are decided and worked well before time. In'Sha'ALLAH.
We have, basically a terminal vehicle on a ballistic missile is already travelling at hypersonic speeds.Sir have we managed to develop materials technology that can withstand hypersonic speeds?
It will be launched from a ballistic missile, but it will perform in a similar way to other hypersonic vehicles, currently being developed.Hypersonic ballistic/cruise missile will be a real game changer. Especially in the context of S-400s. It will remove India’s false sense of security. It will also put Pakistan in an elite club, not too dissimilar to the cruise missiles when Pakistan first test fired Babur.
I hope this hypersonic project turns out to be a cruise missile and not just a hypersonic ballistic missile.
Agreed but we must ensure that any sub or ship that gets close to our coast will be detected and face the threat of massive attack from air, land and sea. From this secure space we should plan long range "snipping" strikes against enemy ships.Best defence is to go on offence
Dont forget the drone ships (surface and underwater) which outgoing naval chief hinted at. With good AI, they can be a force multiplier for a number of missions including supporting our economic activities (policing the EEZ and finding fish for our fishermen to hunt, while keeping out foreign fishermen)so the Jinnah class is the follow on from the 4 x MILGEM
so it will be the 1st warship designed and built in Pakistan
so we will have
4 x Type 054AP
4 x MILGEM
we should add 4 x Jinnah Class
6 x Larger warships
thats 18 x warships
Now that is amazing
I would like to see this
Jinnah class no more than 4,000 tons twin hangers and 32 VLS
then we have 6 x larger FFG
we should add
5,000 tons twin hanger and can we manage 48 x VLS ?
overall we will have
4 x Type 054AP with 32 VLS = 128 with 4 x ASW Helicopters
4 x MILGEM with 16 x VLS = 64 with 4 x ASW Helicopters
4 x Jinnah Class with 32 x VLS = 128 with 8 x ASW Helicopters
6 x Larger FFG with 48 x VLS = 288 with 12 x ASW Helicopters
Total 608 x VLS + 28 x ASW Helicopters
now thats enough for complete air defence of our shore, landmarks and warships out at sea
The (former) CNS Admiral Zafar Mehmood Abbasi reveals in his farewell address that the PN is procuring 4 MILGEM Ada corvettes from Turkey. Delivery timeline is between 2023-2025.
The key takeaway is that design and engineering technology transfer will take place and the FIFTH (5th) ship will be the Jinnah-class frigate and will be Pakistan's first 'indigenously designed' frigate.
So it will not be 3 Ada + 1 Jinnah.
It will be the full order of 4 Ada and the Jinnah class will be a seperate spinoff class derived from the Ada.
Other key takeaways:
- PN has always operated with a maximum of 8-10 surface ships which causes severe operational problems and stretches the assetts to their limits
- To rectify this, the fleet expansion plan envisions a 50-ship Navy with 20 'large' surface vessels
- 4x Type 054A/P
- 4X MILGEM ADA
- 1x (for now) Jinnah-class (presently in design phase)
- 2x Yarmook-class 2300 ton corvettes
- 6x Yarmook-class variants with larger tonnage in contractual stage
- 20x Indigenous gunboats by 2025
- FAC(M) 4 - PNS Haibat to be commisioned by end of 2020
- 'Submarine design and production capability being acquired to make PN from a submarine operating Navy to a submarine-builder's Navy'
- 1x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China on gratis basis to enable smooth transition to Hangor class
- Under PN Aviation Vision promulgated in Nov 2017, 2 ATR MPAs inducted, 1 ATR MPA will join fleet next year
- 10x LRMPA (jets) are planned as replacement of P-3C. 'Commercial jet has been selected and will be retrofitted with avionics suite on ATR model'
- Contract for first LRMPA has been signed
- Contract for long range, high endurance UCAV with SATCOM capability has been signed
- PN Marines envisioned as a division-size force by 2030
- SSG(N) envisioned as a brigade-size force by 2023
- Local development of ship-based long range anti-ship and land attack P-282 ballistic missile 'in the hypersonic domain'