• Friday, August 14, 2020

English Premier League 2019/20

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Arsalan, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Arsalan

Arsalan THINK TANK CHAIRMAN

Ratings:
    +66 / 22,618 / -1
    Pakistan
    Liverpool enjoying a great start to PL, still unbeaten after 10 games and only lost 2 points to a draw against Manchester United at Old Traford. Tonight's League Cup game against Arsenal will be important as a win here will take them to the last eight of the cup competition.

2. ADIL SHERDIL

ADIL SHERDIL FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 881 / -0
    Pakistan
    Anyone playing fantasy premier league

3. masterchief_mirza

masterchief_mirza SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +13 / 13,705 / -1
    Pakistan
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50611309

SAT 07 DEC 2019PREMIER LEAGUE
    Man City1Man Utd2
    Premier League
    [​IMG]
    Marcus Rashford's goal ensured he equalled his best goalscoring return for United in a season (13)
    Manchester United dealt a crushing blow to Manchester City's title hopes with a stunning derby win that leaves the defending champions 14 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool.

Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial fired United into an early lead and although Nicolas Otamendi's late reply set up a thrilling finale, the visitors held on for arguably the most impressive victory of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's 12-month reign.

Both United goals came in a breathless opening half-hour at Etihad Stadium, where they repeatedly carved open City's creaking back-line to devastating effect.

Rashford opened the scoring from the spot after he was clumsily knocked over by Bernardo Silva, with the penalty awarded by video assistant referee Michael Oliver.

The in-form England striker, who has now scored 13 goals in his past 14 games for club and country, hit the bar moments later but United did not have to wait long to extend their lead.

United's next attack saw Daniel James find Anthony Martial on the right of the area, and he had space to turn and squeeze his shot inside Ederson's near post.

City had never trailed by two goals so early in a home league game since Pep Guardiola took charge in 2016 and their fans were left in stunned silence as United's supporters celebrated noisily at the other end of the stadium.

While the home side finally began to get a grip on the game after that, especially in midfield, the damage was done.

City had repeated penalty appeals for United handballs turned down by referee Anthony Taylor and VAR before the break, while Gabriel Jesus wastefully headed a Kevin de Bruyne cross wide.

United continued to defend deep after the break but City struggled to create meaningful chances and Otamendi's header from a Mahrez corner could not rescue them from their fourth league defeat of the season.

The game was marred by allegations of racist abuse towards United midfielder Fred in the second half, while there were also reports of objects being thrown at him from the stands.

Solskjaer silences his critics
    United's best results this season have been against the leading clubs, but before this they had all come at Old Trafford. Until now, Norwich were the only side they had beaten on the road.

Solskjaer's side set that record straight in scintillating fashion here, tearing City apart in the early stages when they could conceivably have scored two or three goals more.

Ederson was the only reason that did not happen, making superb saves from Daniel James, Jesse Lingard and Rashford with the score at 0-0.

Copyright © 2019 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Finally stuffed the noisy neighbours. Predictions: Pep to leave by season's end, FIFA to act comprehensively on years of MCFC's corrupt activities in the transfer market, and a lovely Netflix documentary next year titled "The brief rise and dramatic fall of the sheikh's pet project MCFC".

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. 313ghazi

313ghazi SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35 / 13,947 / -0
    Pakistan
    Just remembered we have this thread!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. UnitedPak

UnitedPak PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +5 / 2,005 / -0
    Pakistan
    Someone already created an FPL league?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  6. Nike

Nike ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23 / 18,048 / -0
    Indonesia
    Its Harry Kane still stay at Tottenham Hotspur on next transfer market?

7. masterchief_mirza

Ratings:
    +13 / 13,705 / -1
    Pakistan
    I personally think spurs will struggle to keep him because spurs have declined in the last 6 months and now look less cohesive as a group and less likely to win trophies. A player like Kane cannot sustain his career as England's premier striker without winning domestic trophies in a major European league. Coronavirus will also cause a selling spree this summer as demand is low and player values have dropped. I think spurs need to sell him but will try to avoid selling him to a rival. Man Utd were the most interested in him recently and they could easily afford him if he was in the 80million region.

The only possible exception to this is if Kane decides on a personal level to do a Le Tissier and stay at a mediocre club out of loyalty. In this era where agents control players and their options, I feel this is unlikely though.

8. Arsalan

Ratings:
    +66 / 22,618 / -1
    Pakistan
    Yup, i did one. Sadly, its all irrelevant now. :)

I hope things return back to normal and the PL can resume as well. Will be destroyed if Liverpool misses out on the title after so long. :( They truly deserve it they way they have played this entire season

They will struggle to keep him in my opinion but then again, this have been the common opinion since couple of years now, he still shows up in the Spurs white every next season.

9. masterchief_mirza

Ratings:
    +13 / 13,705 / -1
    Pakistan
    This time is different. Poch has gone and spurs are in a rebuild. It really is the moment of truth for Kane. I don't think he'll stay because he believes he has a chance of quick success at spurs - there is no way he believes that is possible. He may stay only out of blind loyalty to a mediocre club.

Berbatov - whose situation is being compared to Kane's - moved from spurs to Utd when the opportunity came. In fact, Berbatov made the move even though spurs had actually just won a trophy. Kane would be mad to stay at spurs now - the last few years were different and everyone believed spurs had a decent chance of winning something, anything.

P.s. I'd love it if Liverpool's season was voided....but even I have to accept that the league will be awarded to them.

10. Nike

Nike ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23 / 18,048 / -0
    Indonesia
    The reds moment been crashing hard, by anything but virus

Spurs should use the money to truly build the squad, they actually got the money. Dele Alli is a good buy actually, if possible they should better put up more of such stunts to better built the squad.

11. Arsalan

Ratings:
    +66 / 22,618 / -1
    Pakistan
    I agree man. I do think that it will be very hard for Spurs to retain him this time around. I am just saying that i have felt more or less the same for last two years as well. Lets see!!
    But on a logical argument, it will be very hard for Spurs to retain him this time. In fact, Spurs, looking at the position they are in right now should be willing to offload him and use the money to improve the squad.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Nike

Nike ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23 / 18,048 / -0
    Indonesia
    Hotspur failed to emulated such strategy when they off load Gareth Bale in the past

13. Arsalan

Ratings:
    +66 / 22,618 / -1
    Pakistan
    :) Very true!

14. crankthatskunk

crankthatskunk SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 7,077 / -0
    United Kingdom
    Liverpool's wait for the Premier League is over. They have won the title after 30 years.

Here is how Liverpool players celebrated after Chelsea win against Manchester City.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Areesh

Areesh ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35 / 70,392 / -33
    Pakistan
    Farmers league