• Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Election 2018 predications

Discussion in 'Pakistani Siasat' started by Falcon26, Jul 14, 2018.

1. PML-N

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. PPP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. PTI

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  4. Hung Parliament

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Falcon26

Falcon26 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 1,854 / -0
    United States
    With less than two weeks to go, who do you think will win the general elections? Please give non-emotional answer and instead use reason and current/historical trends to make your judgement. My own assessment is the PML-N will win but with smaller majority than they enjoyed the past 5 years. Despite what’s being said on media, I believe Punjab will go to the PML-N comfortably. The PPP will once again become the biggest losers and their fate will most likely be sealed for ever due to the fact they have no charismatic leader.

2. Imad.Khan

Imad.Khan SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 6,333 / -1
    Pakistan
    PTI will win and here are my reasons

1. Historical no party has ever won back to back elections in Pakistan
    2. PMLN is a fractured party, with internal rift and candidates jumping ship.
    3. PPP is going through the worst state in its history
    4. All religious parties had to gang up because without that they can see that their future also looks bleak
    5. The only party that all the electables are running towards is PTI, which is an indicator of who they also think will be in a position of strength on the 25th.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. expert

expert FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 366 / -0
    PTI will get the most seats closely followed by PML. PML and PPP will form a coalition government in order to "save democracy." The government won't be stable and we can hope it collapses in two years. PTI might have a good chance then.

PTI will have a majority in KPK
    PML will have a slim majority in Punjab
    PPP will have an overwhelming majority in Sindh

Things will mostly remain the same. There will be a tussle between PML and PPP for the most profitable ministries. Both parties will try to get their people installed in state owned institutions. PPP will keep robbing Sindh. Karachi while become more divided politically the land and water mafia in the city will continue to prosper.

There won't be many policy decisions made by the government and most policy matters will be decided by the establishment.

The way the Supreme Court has let Zardari and Faryal off the hook, it is obvious that they are not politically blind. They too have political aspirations. If Zardari got a deal, why can't Nawaz? The media will keep us entertained while the elite keep scratching each other's backs. Imran Khan will keep trying, but drift further into madness which will harm PTI and the future of Pakistan.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Shahryar Isfahani

Shahryar Isfahani BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 279 / -0
    Iran, Islamic Republic Of
    How in their right mind would vote for the party of the ousted PM? It is unfamothable to me if PMLN gets even 10% of the vote bank. Pakistan still faces pollution, energy crisis, and poverty under decades of governance by Nawaz Sharif. Pakistan needs a strong leader who can represent them much better on the international forum.

5. Hassan Guy

Hassan Guy SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 4,429 / -3
    Pakistan
    I'll make my prediction

I say PTI has it this time, and before you call me out check out my top 10 future weapons of pakistan threads and you'll see my predictions come true,

I also predicted Donald trump would win when everyone though some lady was gonna win

So when PTI wins it you can call me mystic pak cuz I predict these things

EDIT: one reasoning I would give is that the deep state, which I believe does exist to an extent just doesn't have the patience to deal with 5 more years of corrupt homo ergaster's running the show

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. kalakaar

kalakaar BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 153 / -12
    India
    if I go with current happenings, I believe it will be hung Parliament.

7. Lone Ranger

Lone Ranger FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,685 / -0
    Pakistan
    My Prediction on 272 direct seats

PMLN: 80-100
    PTI: 70-90
    PPP: 30-40
    Rest: other parties

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Rahil khan

Rahil khan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 1,587 / -0
    Pakistan
    Cant predict better than this one bro, most realistic image in upcoming weeks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Falcon26

Falcon26 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 1,854 / -0
    United States
    Very realistic estimates and I suspect he final tally will closely mirror these numbers. Please do remember to pump this post after elections.

Thanks for the response but don’t you think the PPP and PML will join hands and form a coalition government as someone else said on this thread? I think that’s very realistic given PPP’s weak position and their realization that coalition governments is the only way they can remain relevant in today’s changing electorate

All of these are correct but the PML is still a very formidable party and I think it’s wrong to count them out. I personally think they are the favorites despite e desertions and jail sentences they are facing. In my view, this will be PTI’s best performance but will still not be up to the mark and will remain in the opposition benches.

• Thanks Thanks x 1