• Thursday, November 21, 2019

Egypt has placed order for Su-35s

Discussion in 'Arab Defence Forum' started by Zarvan, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Philip the Arab

Philip the Arab SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 2,195 / -4
    Jordan
    [​IMG]
    58 km away but I'm unsure of the detection range of the F-35 detecting the Su-35.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,603 / -0
    Canada
    These ranges can be achieved by SU-35 IRST alone in total silence mod..i.e; Radar not activated..(SU-35 passive radar range is 400km)

"The Su-35’s most critical improvements over its predecessors may be in hardware. It is equipped with a powerful L175M Khibiny electronic countermeasure system intended to distort radar waves and misdirect hostile missiles. This could significantly degrade attempts to target and hit the Flanker-E."

"Supplementing the radar is an OLS-35 targeting system that includes an Infra-Red Search and Track (IRST) system said to have a fifty-mile range—potentially a significant threat to stealth fighters."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...u-35-plane-air-force-should-worry-about-32517

"Low-wave ground radars imprecise? Error box of RLM-M radar that is a component of NEBO-M tri-band radar system is about 500 meters, which is tiny given that all it needs to do is guide a missile close enough for the seeker to find and lock onto the target. There is a reason why NEBO-M radar is a powerful AESA with very advanced signal processing and LPI techniques.

Even more laughable is the claim that IRST is imprecise: given that the IRST works in 2 bands, one of which almost completely ignores clouds, claim of lack of precision is a joke.
    As far as radar goes - the claim that PESA is easier to detect relies on it being unable to change frequency and timing of the radar pulses, however that is not a given: if the central transmitter is of a broad-band capability, or there are 3 or 4 that work in different frequencies and all are connected to TR modules to facilitate the frequency hop, then there is no reason why it's any more detectable than AESA. Also it's possible to play with waveform and make it LPI. Frequency hop is not the only way.
    LPI =//= zero probability of intercept. Khibini is an extremely advanced EW system and isn't a given that it'll be unable to detect the F-22 and F-35.

Author didn't mention the MAWS on the Flanker, something F-22 doesn't have. Neither did he mention the fact that IRBIS radar has at least 120 degree off-boresight capability in all directions (phased steering + mechanical deflection). That means that in a dogfight the Flanker doesn't even need to go post-stall since it can lock onto the target while it's more than 90 degrees away.

(go to link)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,603 / -0
    Canada
    https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/comm...t-complex-missile-system-in-the-world.534655/

4. Philip the Arab

Philip the Arab SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 2,195 / -4
    Jordan
  5. Wasteland

Wasteland FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 227 / -4
    Italy

I would bet even the Russian weapon system developers themselves are willingly giving away the "secrets and weaknesses" to the US, and maybe other countries in exchange for some $$. Bet i would easily find news about such incident already if i went on a short giggly googlie rampage.

6. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,603 / -0
    Canada
    Russia proposed the S-400 to the US.. they seem to be confident about their tech "vulnerability"..

7. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,603 / -0
    Canada
    How come you see it as a problem?
    Doesn't wisdom say:"Never put you eggs in the same basket" ?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Pakhtoon yum

Pakhtoon yum SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 6,012 / -0
    Pakistan
    It's also common sense, to not spread your self too thin, which Egypt is doing. I could careless what Egypt ends up doing in the end. I was just carious to some of the reasons to why they would do, so.

9. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,603 / -0
    Canada
    The reason is simple enough to understand.. to thwart any kind of sanctions if the going gets tough..
    As for spreading too thin.. It is obvious that you don't understand that the SU-35 is a complement to the Mig-35 (combined they make a force of 80 aircrafts) that is not thin, the same with more than 200 F-16s and 24+12 Rafale as a first batch..which is an extension of the 18 Mirage 2000 already operated in Egypt.. there is nothing stretched thin in here it is quite the contrary..

10. Pakhtoon yum

Pakhtoon yum SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 6,012 / -0
    Pakistan
    You assumed for me that I dont understand, which on ur case was a short and sloppy conclusion. Would recommend u vist the thread where the Americans threatened Egypt on its acquisition of the jets. Have a nice day, Arab

11. The SC

The SC ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18 / 18,603 / -0
    Canada
    Thanks Pakhtoon..Sorry but here again you are not showing you can make a difference between the US congress and the white house.. you can read trump's statements on tweeter.. the congress is always playing the bad cop..

12. Beny Karachun

Beny Karachun SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 902 / -34
    Israel
    Having Rafales, F-16s, Su-35s and MiG 35s, is a logistical nightmare.

13. Wilhelm II

Wilhelm II FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 519 / -0
    Saudi Arabia
    Egypt do this before with f4 f7 mig21. Egyptians are smart to choose weapons from all power blocks in world. When a country sale downgrade weapons wisdom say buy from another country. World market is huge

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Beny Karachun

Beny Karachun SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 902 / -34
    Israel
    Still a logistical nightmare.

15. Defense Reader

Defense Reader FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 99 / -0
    Pakistan
    I think sir they took modi gi announcement too seriously of not having a platform like Rafale so they (Egyptian) purchasing every available platform from markeat

• Thanks Thanks x 1