• Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Dr Tahirul Qadri announces retirement from politics, PAT chairmanship

Discussion in 'Pakistani Siasat' started by HAIDER, Sep 14, 2019.

1. HAIDER

HAIDER ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14 / 18,192 / -1
    Pakistan
    Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) chief Dr Tahirul Qadri on Saturday announced his retirement from Pakistani politics and from his post as the party's chairman.

In a message shared via video link in Lahore, Dr Qadri said: "I am retiring from Pakistani politics, political activities and from my post as PAT chairman."

Dr Qadri said he was not handing over leadership of PAT to his sons, but transferring power to the party's council.

Read: Tahirul Qadri: The odd man out

"Our legal battle for the Model Town incident will continue till my last breath," Dr Qadri said, adding: "That is not a matter of politics, it is a matter of faith."

In a tweet from his official account, Qadri said: "I am separating myself from the political activities of Pakistan Awami Tehreek. I am announcing my retirement. This decision comes as a result of my health issues and profound academic commitments."

On June 17, 2014, at least 14 people were killed and 100 others injured when police opened fire to disperse protesting activists of the PAT during an ‘anti-encroachment’ operation outside the residence of Dr Qadri.

Later the same year, the PAT chief led an over two-month-long protest sit-in in Islamabad along with Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman (now prime minister) Imran Khan.

Read: Qadri announces end to Islamabad sit-in

Qadri founded Minhaj ul Quran, a non-profit providing education, religious and cultural services, in October 1981. He also founded a political party, the PAT, in May 1989. The main objective of the party was to ensure the provision of law and order for the general public, respect for human rights, elimination of poverty and quality education for all.

In 1990, members from the PAT contested for the general elections and later on Qadri was elected as a member of the National Assembly. However, he resigned from his seat on November 29, 2004.
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1505174/d...ces-retirement-from-politics-pat-chairmanship

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27 / 58,949 / -9
    Pakistan
    He is one of the best scholars in the Muslim world. He is only scholar who recognised the menace of terrorism spread by TTP and their supporter sect / mullahs
    Excellent sir.. you have set a new example. I hope all other political parties and their blind followers learn a lesson.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. Syed1.

Syed1. SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 6,011 / -1
    Pakistan
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Clutch

Clutch ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 10,392 / -1
    Excellent... Good riddance to bad garbage!!!

He won't be missed.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27 / 58,949 / -9
    Pakistan
    Did he put his foot on your terrorist tail

6. Clutch

Clutch ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 10,392 / -1
    He was a terrorist jahil mullah. Good riddance to treasonous Mullahs!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. AZADPAKISTAN2009

AZADPAKISTAN2009 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44 / 30,036 / -2
    Pakistan
    Thank you to Honorable Mr Qadri , a Educated and reputable man and Cleric. His services for Pakistan to raise awareness against corruption will always be remembered
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunate that we will be loosing such a modest voice an honest voice , which always talks for Pakistan's best interest.

His ability to inspire the Educated , Pakistani who also happen to follow religion was quite inspirational

A perfect combination of Education , and Religious understanding and a Charisma , to force people to listen to his speeches which mostly talked about a System which benefits the people

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  8. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27 / 58,949 / -9
    Pakistan
    In fact you belong the terrorist sect that support TTP and other terrorists. Hon. Tahir ul Qadri is the only scholar of the calibre and repute who wrote a 600-page decree (fatwaa) against terrorism. While the mullah you follow supported the terrorists and never spoke against them and they do not even have the calibre to read a 600-page detailed decree.
    Dr Tahir ul Qadri has wrote more books alone than the total books written by anti-Pakistan takfiri mullahs

Sir corruption and terrorism. He wrote the most detailed decree (fatwa) against the terrorism by TTP, LeJ and other terrorist organisations.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. AZADPAKISTAN2009

AZADPAKISTAN2009 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44 / 30,036 / -2
    Pakistan
    I personally speaking found him to be well spoken , an idealist and realist

What he stated , made sense and was very logical

"Corruption", need to be fought in Pakistan , and that was his last Campign fight against Corruption the inner demons

His stance together with Imran Khan against the Tyrant corrupt Nawaz Badshah will always be remembered

He was able to inspire a large group to stand up against the Corruption of Nawaz Badshah and Zardari Mafia

The joint Jalsa of PAT / PTI was turning point for Pakistan , as a Nation to over throw corrupt people

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  10. Clutch

Clutch ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 10,392 / -1
    How so?... I'm a secularist lol... Damn all Mullahs and Wahhabi to hell!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27 / 58,949 / -9
    Pakistan
    Then you're simply the worst

12. Clutch

Clutch ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 10,392 / -1
    This jahil mullah asks people or allows people to kiss his dirty feet in sajjda ... What a shirki ! Lol...

Mullahs are a curse upon this nation... Less the better.

Politics and religion are a volatile mix.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27 / 58,949 / -9
    Pakistan
    Really? when and where

14. FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 891 / -2
    United Kingdom
    My first interaction with Allama Qadri was more than thirty years ago at Ittefaq Masjid . I used to be a regular participant to his Friday sermons there,loved every second of it. He was a young learned Alim from Zila Jhang who had won the hearts and minds of specially the Elder Late Mian Sharif. He was provided every opportunity to widen his scope of influence to the general public. As like most of us he was also keen to mark his own name ,rather than use others crutches.
    He finally left the Ittefaq Mosque much to the dismay of all of us,the rest is history. I used to rate him at par with all the top Alims of his time. Politics was never his cup of tea,never received the full support of the ones that really mattered. I wish him good luck in his new endeavours.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. DeadSparrow

DeadSparrow BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 591 / -2
    Pakistan
    An amazing man.

The only reason PTI supporters hate him now is because he also saw the ugly face of Imran Khan and how he was used to gain that PM seat and got disheartened from any sort of justice being in Pakistan.

For that, he earned my mad respect because anyone with an iota of intelligence and honesty in himself will hate Imran Khan and his lies and oppression on this nation especially the poor.

• Thanks Thanks x 4