• Sunday, September 22, 2019

Diplomatic victory for Pakistan - Reason why Mahatir was invited as chief guest on 23rd March

Discussion in 'Strategic & Foreign Affairs' started by Shahzaz ud din, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Abdussamad

Abdussamad BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 354 / -2
    Pakistan
    Sure it can still be blacklisted. Malaysia is not the one calling the shots here. It is the US that is.

BTW malaysia is one to talk. It's 1MDB money laundering scandal took down their PM!

You live in the west yet hate on it? It's very tolerant of them to let you stay.

2. Protest_again

Protest_again BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 327 / -3
    India
    My question was why Malaysia wants to get involved. What is its motivation? Why should it go against the greater powers and support Pakistan even when clearly Pakistan hadn't done enough to get majority support.

3. RoadRunner401

RoadRunner401 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,576 / -0
    Pakistan
    https://www.fatf-gafi.org/countries/#Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is one of the members of the Co-operation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC). The GCC is a member of the FATF. The member states of the GCC are: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates..

4. Ghessan

Ghessan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 296 / -0
    Pakistan
    and now the answer is in my post ready carefully.

5. Darth Vader

Darth Vader SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 3,776 / -2
    Norway
    I got abusive ? Bud you started
    Here you go and as i said rest you are big boy can google yourself and please dont quote me
    Pakistan fails to fulfil 25 of 27 FATF points, downgrading by IMF, World Bank to continue - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...rld-bank-to-continue/articleshow/69811158.cms

6. Protest_again

Protest_again BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 327 / -3
    India
    You did not. You cannot as well. I understand you made an effort to reach out to Malaysia diplomatically. That is from Pakistan's perspective. But you also must have done the same to host of other countries as well. But what made Malaysia come out in support where as most other countries think twice to go against the greater powers.

My understanding is that Mahathir is looking at the issue in Islamic perspective and not as real politic. Same Mahathir refused to send Zakir Nayak to India for the same reason.

7. American Pakistani

American Pakistani ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 16,810 / -0
    Pakistan
    You live in Pakistan yet hate on it like ptm or mehsud or bugti? Very tolerant of them to not make you a missing person.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ghessan

Ghessan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 296 / -0
    Pakistan

you cannot come out of the shell that you are in hence can't think out of the box. one can feed the masses but can't an individual who is not ready for it. this Islamic thing is in your brain and is more than the west are you suffering from Islamophobia.

9. Protest_again

Protest_again BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 327 / -3
    India
    You are having problem with comprehension. Where does Islamophobia come into discussion here. Come back to reply when you have a proper answer.

10. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 57,416 / -9
    Pakistan
    So asking for a source is an abuse in your faith?
    lolzzz so that is your source... How cute...

11. Abdussamad

Abdussamad BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 354 / -2
    Pakistan
    The difference being that Pakistan is Pakistan and the west is the west. The west has accomplished a lot that you can be proud of. Pakistan not so much.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Mav3rick

Mav3rick SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 3,575 / -0
    Pakistan
    Don't believe in all the BS (Indian Media) that you read. FATF has 40+9 recommendations and NOT just 27; off the 49, Pakistan is fully compliant in most and partially to fully compliant in the remaining that matter.

It was with Saudi Arabia, incidentally it was Saudi Arabia that abandoned us at FATF leaving us with just 2 votes (China & Turkey), China later on decided to save face instead of voting for a losing cause.......Turkey was left alone voting in our favor when we needed 3 (initially the other 2 were China & GCC).

This is one of the reasons I do not particularly like the Saudi Government, they are Indian and US boot-lickers.

Actually, we need just the 1............US!

All the rest will fall in line after that. And all we need to do is find some common ground with the US to get out of the Grey List, which by the way has NOT caused us any problems whatsoever, except to hurt our pride.

The entire GCC had a single vote. Saudi Arabia was promised full membership of FATF to stop support to Pakistan, which then led to our grey listing.

Did you copy and paste the above from some source? I read that as a go through and it is quite literally a summary of the FATF action plan so you are spot on. Involved in the Country's Risk Assessment or FATF action plans yourself?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. R Wing

R Wing FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 1,808 / -0
    Pakistan
    To the world since you seem to be going around with a loudspeaker complaining about Pakistan doing the same.

The pot calling the kettle black...

14. graphican

graphican ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +33 / 14,494 / -1
    Pakistan
    Very well put Sir. You've given us blueprints of a to-do list that should satisfy FATF, as well as improve the state's control over its financial channels.

But let's look back and see how financial landscape has been before it started to look ugly to the international observers. These pores in our financial systems were allowed to exist and overlooked while their favorite puppets were running the show. As soon as Pakistan refused to replace one puppet with another - suddenly all financial pores became visible and intolerable. These problems do exist on the ground - true - but the pressure which Pakistan is facing now is more than a corrective pressure. If you listen to their unspoken asking, what they are asking is control over Pakistan's reins - back in their hands.

In order to convince this biased financial jury, Pakistan will have to come out much further out of its abyss. Now the minimum passing marks for Pakistan are 70% while previously 33% were "good enough". Your 18 points are pointing towards solving actual problems on the ground and Pakistan needs to solve them as there is no way it would get back on the recovery course without them - but I also find Pakistan will need to win hearts of this jury as much it needs to convince their brains.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 57,416 / -9
    Pakistan
    KSA is only observer. And part of MENAFATF. I don't know if they can vote for Pakistan or not.

• Thanks Thanks x 1