• Monday, November 18, 2019

Credible Info on Wladyslaw Turowicz

Discussion in 'Pakistan Strategic Forces' started by SABRE, Oct 29, 2019.

1. SABRE

SABRE FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 546 / -0
    Pakistan
    Didn't know where to ask this query but since all things relating to missiles and rockets logically belong in this section of the website so I am posting here.

Does anyone have knowledge of any substantiated source or data on Air Commodore Wladyslaw Turowicz's contribution to Pakistan's rocket and possibly missile programme? By substantiated, I mean something that can be cited in an academic research paper. This includes books and journal articles but excludes Wikipedia, blogs and forums. I am unable to find any academic or official readings about him on almost all of the major online academic libraries, including JStore. News articles are also welcome but please don't refer me to the DAWN article about him. It sounds too romantic.

& while we are on the subject, does anyone has any knowledge about similarly substantiated sources France's supply of sounding rockets to Pakistan between the 1960s to 1980s?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sine Nomine

Sine Nomine ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +25 / 10,214 / -8
    Pakistan
  3. SABRE

SABRE FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 546 / -0
    Pakistan
  4. Piotr

Piotr FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3 / 1,487 / -0
    Poland
    There is a book "They polished the Royal Pakistan Air Force". Author: Aleksander Głogowski (English transcription: Aleksander Glogowski)
    They-polished-the-Royal-Pakistan-Air-Force-Ebo.jpg

From https://www.researchgate.net/project/They-Polished-Royal-Pakistan-Air-Force :
    "English-language publication (book) about Polish Airmen who served in the Royal Pakistan Air Force after 1947. Best known among them is air cdre. Wladyslaw Turowicz."

I don't have this book so I can't say if there is anything about possible Wladyslaw Turowicz's contribution to Pakistan's rocket and possibly missile programme

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  5. SABRE

SABRE FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 546 / -0
    Pakistan
    Thanks. I did come across this book on ResearchGate but haven't been able to access it. I have requested the author to give me a copy. I don't know how much is in there about Turowicz's role in Pakistan rocket and missile programme though.

6. ebrahym

ebrahym SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,662 / -0
    Pakistan
    check the citations section on wkipedia
    you will find the links of books papers, journals and archives

7. SABRE

SABRE FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 546 / -0
    Pakistan
    Already have. There are only five, of which four are dead links. The only valid link is of DAWN News, which doesn't offer much.

I would be thankful if anyone could provide me with the English PDF or Epub copy of They Polished the Royal Pakistan Air Force. The book is available at a very affordable price on Amazon here in the UK and I am willing to buy it but the delivery charges for it are just unacceptable.

8. ps3linux

ps3linux FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14 / 1,544 / -0
    Pakistan
    Don't want to detrack the thread, but ask any Pak Airforce Family (old one 70s and 80s) how much respect Late Commodore had in Air Force, there are only four officers in Pak Airforce who enjoyed such respect Air Marshal Asghar Khan, Air Marshal Noor Khan, Commodore M M Alam and Commodore Wladyslaw Jozef, he was a great man, all his colleagues from 2nd world war who came here left but he decided to live here and spend his life here. He retired as deputy Air Chief PAF (I think I am right about this)

I never met him, but my father always speak very high of him, he met him during his academy days, although I had the pleasure of meeting madam zofia and their daughters at Faisal Airbase multiple times.

We Pakistanis Never Forget our heroes.

Turowicz-3.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  9. khanasifm

khanasifm SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 2,972 / -0
    Raf 303 sqn was all polish and the most decorated in raf

There is a movie and fb page as well