What's new

Could Aselsan provide EW/ECM gear for the JF-17?

Syed Asif Bukhari

Feb 11, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Well Aselsan is producing a expensive GAN Aesa for TFX . But I don't think it will be available soon. However , we can get Aselpod ,ECW and other gadgets from Turks . By the way , Italy is also keen to provide avionics for JF 17 . Most probably , JF 17 BLK3 will use Italian AESA .

risingsinga

Apr 19, 2016
Country
Singapore
Chaffing through the nitty gritty and the technical jargon of the article, what I get is that JF-17 is a great solution for your airforce when it comes to upgradeability and future development. I guess if Pakistan keeps it developing and investing in, it will become a very potent platform not only for domestic use but also an export solution for many airforces around the world.

Hakikat ve Hikmet

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 14, 2015
Country
United States
Well Aselsan is producing a expensive GAN Aesa for TFX . But I don't think it will be available soon. However , we can get Aselpod ,ECW and other gadgets from Turks . By the way , Italy is also keen to provide avionics for JF 17 . Most probably , JF 17 BLK3 will use Italian AESA .
Turkish folks are working on fabricating GaN devices. They have pretty good clean rooms for research. Adding extra equipment and going for a small scale production won't be a problem IMHO. Thanks for their understanding of the importance of doing research on solid state devices. Excellent rapport and joint projects with top Turkish universities are a huge plus for the ASELSAN and other defense companies..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom