What's new

Concepts / Ideas for the Pakistan Navy

Akh1112

Nov 21, 2019
Country
Pakistan
They are getting pretty mainstream now
Still is a nice way to get sanctioned by everyone, regardless of how common they may be

Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Aug 22, 2016
Country
Pakistan
They are getting pretty mainstream now
The cool thing about these containers is that it seems everything is contained to the canister. It sounds like the end-user can bolt the system to any type of ship without necessarily any deeper integration to the ship's subsystems. It could be an interesting solution for 'hot-arming' OPVs, for example. You basically build OPVs at a low upfront cost for sea policing, but in wartime, 'hot-arm' them with ASCM canisters (perhaps within hours).

ziaulislam

BANNED
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
I thought I'd start a thread that discusses concepts or ideas the Pakistan Navy (PN) should pursue in the coming years.

Note: I'm open to talking about developmental ideas, recommended purchases, etc. Just keep it within reason.

For example, I was looking through some of the things Turkey's working on at IDEF 2021, and noticed STM's new 'Multi-Purpose Attack Craft' (MPAC). I think the MPAC can be a good idea of where the PN can take the FAC(M) / Azmat-class should the PN need a larger mini-corvette type of platform (via DefenceTurk).

I think we can stretch the FAC(M) to retain its AShW/LACM capacity but also add ASW capabilities. In fact, Turkey is developing its own torpedo-tube launchers for its lightweight torpedoes. We basically have an option to build a low-cost multi-mission solution to fill our littoral waters.

View attachment 771345
First thing it needs is RAM air defense system

FuturePAF

Dec 17, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani private civilian commercial fishing should be doing more fishing with in conjunction with other nations around the Indian Ocean. A lot of opportunities to transit between Pakistan and these countries, in modern quieter fishing trawlers. The “fish” are more easily caught with quieter fishing boats. A deal with the Maldives and/or Sri Lanka might be good business :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom