• Friday, July 19, 2019

CNN: State Department approves renewal of $500 million Taiwan military training program

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by Get Ya Wig Split, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Get Ya Wig Split

Get Ya Wig Split FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 364 / -1
    United States
    State Department approves renewal of $500 million Taiwan military training program

[​IMG]

Washington (CNN)The State Department has approved a possible deal with Taiwan to renew a $500 million training program in the US for Taiwanese F-16 pilots and maintenance crews.

The proposed sale is bound to irritate Beijing, which has long protested US arms sales to Taiwan.

"Today's notification is consistent with the Taiwan Relations Act and our support for Taiwan's ability to maintain a sufficient self-defense capability," a US State Department official told CNN.

The training program is based at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona and goes back several years.

The $500 million package covers the costs associated with the program including flight training, participation in approved training exercises, training munitions, supply and maintenance support, and spare and repair parts.

The proposed sale is unrelated to Taiwan's reported plans to purchase new F-16 fighter jets from the US, according to the State Department official.

Taiwan accused China of "reckless and provocative" action after two Chinese air force jets crossed a maritime border separating the island from the mainland on March 31.

The island's military scrambled fighter planes after it said two Chinese J-11 fighter jets crossed the border within the waters of the Taiwan Strait, known as the median line. The incident triggered a 10-minute standoff between jets from the two sides.

If confirmed as intentional, the Chinese incursion would be the first of its kind in years, said Bonnie Glaser, director of the China Power Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/15/politics/us-taiwan-military-training-deal/index.html

2. ZeEa5KPul

ZeEa5KPul FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 3,355 / -7
    Canada
    Freedom of navigation, punks. The PLAAF will fly over Taipei and ain't sh*t anyone can do about it.

3. Get Ya Wig Split

Ratings:
    +1 / 364 / -1
    United States
    Keep sucking chinese d!ick dummy. You should be kicked out of Canada immediately! Oh ye nevermind I forgot you're from Pakistan LOL! My bad punk!

4. ZeEa5KPul

ZeEa5KPul FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 3,355 / -7
    Canada
    But muh dumbocracy!:omghaha:
    One day I'm a fake Westernized Chinese, next I'm a self-loathing white, third I'm a Pakistani. I can't keep track of all the fantasies you retards come up with, make up your minds.:coffee:

5. Get Ya Wig Split

Ratings:
    +1 / 364 / -1
    United States
    You aint from Canada and you most def aint black...facts!

Wtf you waiting for @ZeEa5KPul :coffee: Don’t even play with me youngin imma real one. You the opposite fool!

6. grey boy 2

grey boy 2 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 21,568 / -12
    China
    Pal, just a friendly reminder, this @Get Ya Wig Split is actually an infamous online "GAY" looking for attentions on numerous defense forum, "ITS" usual nick is "Get ya Axx Split"
    "IT" feed on any responses from Asian men to get "ITS" butthole wet, look out for ITS request to take a shower with you next, be aware pal, best to ignore this shameless "Online Gay" at all cost

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Feng Leng

Feng Leng SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,943 / -12
    China