• Sunday, November 17, 2019

CJP’s dams donation drive fails to woo overseas Pakistanis

Discussion in 'Insaf - Justice' started by CIS-TRANS, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mrc

Mrc ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 9,047 / -5
    Pakistan

No body is indispensable... if some one think so ... in spirit of greater good.... he shud be dispensed off with

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. maximuswarrior

maximuswarrior ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 23,020 / -6
    Netherlands
    That in fact is a valid point. The payment procedure for overseas Pakistanis needs to be simplified and that is not a big ask.

All you need is ONE central official website where all the details are found. Don't complicate things.

Having said that the dam project is a huge success. Such a huge sum of money in just such a short amount of time is no joke. I think overseas Pakistanis will mobilize in coming days and weeks.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. graphican

graphican ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38 / 14,878 / -1
    Pakistan

IBAN given by Supreme Court of Pakistan is generating error. If you try to do bank-transfer it fails.

upload_2018-9-8_19-20-2.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Path-Finder

Path-Finder ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5 / 21,125 / -7
    Pakistan
    go directly to the branch and do it over the counter, it wont work in online banking!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. AZADPAKISTAN2009

AZADPAKISTAN2009 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44 / 30,176 / -2
    Pakistan

Pay by credit card , it is tricky to pay with account info ... I had similar challenges while paying online using western companies

http://www.sbp.org.pk/ (State Bank of Pakistan's Site)

Click on Red link ~~~ and you can pay by Credit card 5 min payment just need your credit card info and you are done

State Bank already had a Website , Official Government site and it has a payment collection page setup

Click on red link on main page
    http://www.sbp.org.pk/

I checked the records your name appears on the official donar list after 4-5 days for international donars they also had a separate list

6. graphican

graphican ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38 / 14,878 / -1
    Pakistan

Someone on Facebook just told me about transfer of money that all money senders like Western Union or Paypal keep USD with them and only transfer rupees back in Pakistan. Thus when you send money through these serves, you do not increase Pakistan's foreign account reserves.

IK's request is a two part request, 1 send money for dams and 2nd increase foreign reserves of Pakistan. So when we send remittances / donations, they should reach in USD.

7. AZADPAKISTAN2009

Ratings:
    +44 / 30,176 / -2
    Pakistan
    I personally tried to use Western Union as discussed on DAM fund page in economy section , and personally I found their system very difficult for Paksitani people

a) They don't recognize "State Bank of Pakistan" in list of Banks you can send cash to
    b) They did not recognize Supreme court of Pakistan Address
    c) They could not allow me to send funds because I kept seeing errors

So luckily I found direct link to State Bank of Pakistan Link

Went on State Bank of Pakistan Link and took me 5 minutes to send money

8. Pandora

Pandora SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 6,006 / -1
    Pakistan
    It didn't fail but due to lack of proper mechanism. I tried transferring funds several times using IBAN provided but it didn't work. I only transferred money today using online system just recently started by Government. You will see lot of funds pouring in over next month now that proper mechanism has been established.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. AZADPAKISTAN2009

Ratings:
    +44 / 30,176 / -2
    Pakistan
    Alot also has to do with Educating the Overseas Pakistanis on fastest means to help
    I found the state bank's site by coincidence

SIMPLE WAY
    I thought the state bank of Pakistan's Website was the simplest - fastest mode of funds deposit
    http://www.sbp.org.pk/ (State Bank of Pakistan's Site + Payment Link) :yahoo: this is 10/10

The avenues like Paypal/Western Union etc are all messed up slow , disrespectful and full or errors. I initially reached out to Habib bank international branch but they did not had any info on this initiative (their international location branch). All of these companies are foreign companies

BANK WAY OLD FASHIONED WAY
    IBANFORMAT.png

Bank: State Bank of Pakistan
    Account Name: DIAMER BASHA AND MOHMAND DAM FUND-2018
    Account No: 03-593-299999-001-4
    IBAN: PK06SBPP003593299999014 <------This is correct

SBPP = SWIFT CODE is correct as well
    swiftcode.png

Alternative List for Other Banks which operate donation collection for DAM
    38 Banks in Pakistan with their IBAN number as well

http://www.sbp.org.pk/notifications/FD/DamFund/Detail-1.pdf

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Menace2Society

Menace2Society BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 9,990 / -9
    Pakistan
    Years and years of abusing overseas Pakistanis.

Emptying savings account and international development funds and loans on stupid ideas and/or stealing the money.

Now its come to the PM of a country begging live on air for just the water.

Time to self reflect and understand why you are in this position.

11. Śakra

Śakra SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,502 / -8
    India
    So you donate, but how do you know your money is going to the dam instead of being spent by corrupt politicians or used in some debt-bailout scheme?

12. NOWorNEVER

NOWorNEVER FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 485 / -0
    Pakistan
    I sent money through western union online directly to the bhasha dam account .
    I know many people are doing the same way.

13. Salza

Salza SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 7,493 / -1
    Pakistan
    The account is directly monitored by Chief Justice Pakistan. This is precisely why, only ONE bank account has been opened for the donations.

P.S atleast 20% of required money will be collected through donations over the period of 7 years while remaining 80% will be funded by the Govt through annual budgets. Dam construction to be started after winters i.e in 2019 spring.

Also many OSPs are first sending money directly to their Pakistani accounts and from there, they are transfering money to the SC dam account. So the source is being displayed as local while infact the original source was from outside Pakistan. My one relative did same from Scotland and I am sure same is being done by most of the Pakistanis. If this is happening than you are not sure about the actual source of origin although it will more be qualified as foreign remittance when any international transaction directly lands into any Pakistani account.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. KAI KAI Baloch

KAI KAI Baloch FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 82 / -0
    Pakistan
    I see a lot of people making noise about donations for Dams... Some good some bad.... i believe another solution can be to ask people to invest in the dams.... like a business where an investor gets some benefit out of it as well. A person might say that if they invest 100,000 pkr they will get some type of return on investment (like national savings etc.) . if we go to an international bank we have to pay back on interest, why not use the same technique for our people and pay them back. The dam will pay back to the people with earning so it can be a profitable venture.......

15. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +57 / 32,682 / -4
    Pakistan

Many expats still remember the "Qarz Utaro, Mulk Sanwaro" scheme. Whatever happened to those funds?