What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

Akasa

Aug 9, 2008
Country
Canada
We know for a fact that it can’t be JF-17 block III since it is mentioned in the same article and has already flown. Anything else is up for grabs. The most disappointing case would be GJ-1 drones modified for Type-076 operations.
Maybe it's the rumored J-20 version with WS-15 engines. Who knows.

jaybird

Mar 4, 2018
Country
China
By "aircraft" they could mean anything, including small UAVs, not necessarily something as high-end as a new fighter. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything, to be honest, since none of the previous big-ticket items were unveiled after such announcements and social media fanfare.

Not so sure about that.

飞机 = Airplane/AirCraft.

无人机 = UAV.

I will think if it was UAV, they well write 某型号机. And not飞机.

sheik

Jan 27, 2013
Country
China
Anyone with an idea?!!

With similar reports from SAC concerning similar task forces, groups preparing structural tests and/or flight testing, what do you think what are the chances that we will see the unveiling, maybe even maiden flight of such a project (new J-10, J-20 twin seater, a new UAV, J-15T, J-35, ...) at or around 1st July?
IMHO the chance to see the unveiling or even maiden flight of some new aircraft ( that include even J-35, H-20) is high. There are July 1st, Oct 1st, August 1st, Apr 23rd, Nov 11th every year, but the 100th Anniversary of CCP is just truly different. It's BIG! It's historic! Only the 100th Anniversary of PRC (10/1/2049) will be comparable in terms of significance. I won't be surprised at all if I see some new toys for PLA unveiled/announced tomorrow.

Globenim

Aug 19, 2011
Country
China
Are those just wind farms or not?
Once upon a time China allegedly used screwdrivers on a nuclear silo project.
This project apparently also used screwdrivers.
Therefore these are nuclear silos disguised as wind turbines, aimed at China which the USA claims is not China.

q.e.d.

ozranger

Jul 3, 2012
Country
Australia
Now the Russians have a chance to assess capability of China made AESA radars on J-16 and J-10B as PLAAF sends them to Russia for joint military drills.

It seems the military cooperation between China and Russia has achieved a new height as they open sensitive equipment to each other.

Last edited:

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
The Y20 is quite an impressive plane - with better engines, it could become useful for Pakistan. I know that China is working on homegrown engines to re-engine the Y20, but for foreign sales - could they be equipped with western engines? Think that would get Pakistans interest for sure.

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Aug 19, 2010
Country
China
Now the Russians have a chance to assess capability of China made AESA radars on J-16 and J-10B as PLAAF sends them to Russia for joint military drills.

It seems the military cooperation between China and Russia has achieved a new height as they open sensitive equipment to each other.

It isn’t a joint exercise. It is just Aviadarts where they shoot unguided rockets at ground targets.

MajesticPug

Jan 29, 2021
Country
China
The Y20 is quite an impressive plane - with better engines, it could become useful for Pakistan. I know that China is working on homegrown engines to re-engine the Y20, but for foreign sales - could they be equipped with western engines? Think that would get Pakistans interest for sure.
There must be a point when China tells any foreign buyers if you wanted Chinese planes then you take the Chinese engines also. Or you can buy somewhere else. Is there any reason other than antiquated belief that Chinese soldiers' lives are more expendable than Paks or anybody?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom