What's new

China manipulating Bangladesh's institutions: Report

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
All this complaining by Indian propaganda outlets does not mean jack.

They can't even run their own country properly - much less hope to exert any influence over any others. India's nominal GDP per capita is less than that of Bangladesh, enough said. Some supapawa.

With this kind of record, Sanghis trying to comment on Bangladesh Internal affairs is a pathetic joke.

Fix your own house first. Apna ghar samhalo.

India has proven itself to be a useless no good mal-influence (and also a threat in some cases) on not only other countries in the neighborhood, but generally non-trustable to all countries it has a business relationship with. The "country" of India is led by luddite uneducated clueless a$$holes who have no idea or concept of how to run and administrate a country of such magnitude. The GDP per capita, health and education stats are piss-poor indications of how bad India as a country fares in everything. Sanghis think having propaganda will cover up the sad showing, but it doesn't. This is 2021, not 1621, or the vedic ages. People have cameras in every phone and they understand what is going on, both inside and outside of India.

Sanghi leadership have succeeded to make their country an indisciplined filthy hellhole who are pulling down the whole health standard of the globe with them.

Good luck to sane Indians on saving their country, seems quite a few of them lack backbones (or clues) to make any changes, so they will continue to suffer for a while.

BTW I checked the Whois and IPs of that BangladeshLiveNews site. All foisted by Modi IT cell no doubt. All negative stories on Pakistan/China and all positive news on India. Amateurs. :lol:

Probably some Hindutva Bengali Suwars paid in Canada to host this site.

@Black_cats bhai let's not post news from fake WION type questionable Hindutva propaganda sites. Mod der kasey dhora khaiben.

Last edited:

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
I think everyone agrees that China has some BIG ambitions.

Reality is: China has aimed too big too soon. In its desperateness, it seems to have lost its 'mental balance'. Like a wild elephant gone mad.

Another reality is: such an overambitious country will obviously trample upon anything it can and gulp everything it can. Just like the wild elephant gone mad.
Take a break from reading and re-posting Modi propaganda, have some Tulsi tea, and relax.

Instead of worrying about Bangladesh being over-run by Chinese economy, Indians should worry about the state of the Indian economy and how to revive it. Leave worrying about the Chinese influencing us to us Bangladeshis.

Sanghis hate the Chinese - yet won't stop using Chinese phones, and all types of electronics.

Can you name one (ONE!) brand of global electronics made by an Indian brand that is 100% made in India from scratch??

Jawab nahi milega...hasn't dawned on Sanghis that under Modi, they live in a useless country...

Beast

BANNED
Feb 5, 2011
Country
China
Manipulating institutions: The Chinese Way in Bangladesh
China Interference

CollectedFlags of China and Bangladesh

Manipulating institutions: The Chinese Way in Bangladesh

Bangladesh Live News | @banglalivenews | 04 Dec 2021, 04:37 pm

#China, #ChineseInterference, #Bangladesh

Over the last few years, China has increased its economic footprint in Bangladesh, most notably through the Belt and Road Initiative. China’s economic and political footprint has expanded so quickly that even state and civil society institutions have struggled to grapple with the implications.

The tools and tactics of China’s activism remain poorly understood among local experts and elites of most of the countries, and also goes uncovered even in media, thus providing adequate opportunity to the Dragon to keep expanding its influence and coercive activities.

In any country, democracy flourishes with the presence of an effective opposition. Bangladesh has a highly personalized political system where the power has been rotating between the leaders of the two political parties, the Awami league under Sheikh Hasina and the BNP under Khaleeda Zia.

Bangladeshi institutions suffer disproportionately from corruption and political influence in approving Chinese-backed projects. It is believed that almost a third of such projects are likely to be commercially and/or financially unviable but have been allowed because institutions were unable to resist pressure from politically connected individuals who stood to benefit.

In 2012, the World Bank pulled out of the Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project because of the request to investigate corruption in the project went unheeded by state institutions. The project, currently funded by the government and China’s Eximbank, is considered one of the flagship projects showcasing the Bangladesh-China relationship. There have been no systematic reviews or answers on the charges.

Local newspapers reported that a former minister was working with the Chinese firm and had lobbied for it to win the contract. Sinohydro had run into controversy around an infrastructure project in Bangladesh when it worked on the Dhaka-Chittagong Highway Expansion project and was blamed for stalling it for two years.

In a similar line, China Harbour Engineering Company Limited was given a contract at the Mirsarai Economic Zone in 2019 after joining a local consortium. The Bangladesh government had blacklisted it just a year earlier, which technically prevented it from working on new projects, after it emerged that it tried to bribe officials.

A more effective process of bureaucratic oversight, investment screening, and contract review could have raised questions at an earlier stage of these projects, at least pushing the Chinese and Bangladeshi partners to be more transparent and adhere to stringent rules of procedure. A stronger government might have enforced tender processes with more transparency and contracting laws.

With the expansion of engagement with China in multiple directions, state agencies need to cope with changing scenarios and to modify their operating procedures. Vulnerabilities that flow from weak institutions can be seen in law enforcement as well. According to the World Justice Project’s 2020 Rule of Law Index, Bangladesh experiences significant influence by the political regime of the moment on nominally independent law-enforcement agencies.

In a well-functioning political system, civil society provides an independent check on state action. Robust civil society should be able to monitor and mobilize when Chinese influence is wielded at the expense of the public. Individual civic actors and groups do call out improprieties by Chinese actors or by domestic political or bureaucratic institutions and report the facts.

Bangladesh faces distinctive challenges, in part because the Chinese embassy has adopted a unique strategy. The media has been largely free to regularly report on issues related to Chinese projects, including impropriety in tendering and allegations against Chinese companies lobbying for projects or the local partners that have helped them. Chinese officials periodically pass on requests and unofficial advice to not be too harsh in criticizing initiatives led by China, and that on occasion they suggest carrying reports that would be positive for its image.

Bangladesh also has a relatively well-established security relationship, based on the purchase of military hardware, with China. However, China is hardly ever present in the public’s imagination. To tackle this, the Chinese embassy prioritizes outreach to the media instead of trying to coerce it with criticism of editors and stories. It has aimed largely to shape the message, not to bury it.

In 2016, for instance, it objected to an exhibit in the Dhaka Art Summit that featured letters written by Tibetan protesters who had self-immolated. The organizers eventually had to cover up the art. China's interference in the domestic politics of neighbours is detrimental for the health of democracy in South Asia in general and Bangladesh in particular.

How much is this article paid by US or India?

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
How much is this article paid by US or India?
It is foisted on an Indian Bengali propaganda site (just like the thousands foisted - in the likes of WION). Hosting websites is not expensive at all. Probably less than $20 every month. Run by Hindutva volunteers in Canada who speak Bengali.

Indians spending their IT coolie money on Anti-Chinese Propaganda. BTW - there is no law against hosting complete fabrications and fake new on US hosted news websites. This site is hosted in a hosting vendor in Burlington, Massachusetts by the way.

If you ask me, PLA units should target these WION type fake news sites and take them down. I am surprised it hasn't been done yet.

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Aug 19, 2010
Country
China
It is foisted on an Indian Bengali propaganda site (just like the thousands foisted - in the likes of WION). Hosting websites is not expensive at all. Probably less than $20 every month. Run by Hindutva volunteers in Canada who speak Bengali.

Indians spending their IT coolie money on Anti-Chinese Propaganda. BTW - there is no law against hosting complete fabrications and fake new on US hosted news websites. This site is hosted in a hosting vendor in Burlington, Massachusetts by the way.

If you ask me, PLA units should target these WION type fake news sites and take them down. I am surprised it hasn't been done yet.
Isn't that money better spent on improving nutrition for the impoverished? Being bested by all of South Asia and North Korea to boot must be really embarrassing.

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Isn't that money better spent on improving nutrition for the impoverished? Being bested by all of South Asia and North Korea to boot must be really embarrassing.
Well, if these leaders in India like Modi cared that'd be another story. These people don't think of simple answers to life's problems. They will however show SEMBLANCE OF CARING though, without actually doing anything about the problem itself. THAT is IMPORTANT.

The leaders in India only think of scamming the poor and uneducated in India out of Billions using defense contracts and putting it in Swiss banks. It's been a tradition for ages (propaganda and bugaboo of foreign invaders and the "other") and they are not going to stop now.

The way corrupt leaders in Indian make their money is by getting elected by putting in fear of minorities (Muslims named as Terrorists) and fear of foreign invaders (Chinese) in Indian Hindu voters' minds. Then expand military expenditure and getting their "percentage" cuts from these defence imports.

Indian dumb electorate will keep electing Modi back in as PM no matter how bad their economy gets.

These people don't have 76 IQ for no reason....

FreeFromFear

New Recruit

Apr 9, 2021
Country
India
Take a break from reading and re-posting Modi propaganda, have some Tulsi tea, and relax.

Instead of worrying about Bangladesh being over-run by Chinese economy, Indians should worry about the state of the Indian economy and how to revive it. Leave worrying about the Chinese influencing us to us Bangladeshis.

Sanghis hate the Chinese - yet won't stop using Chinese phones, and all types of electronics.

Can you name one (ONE!) brand of global electronics made by an Indian brand that is 100% made in India from scratch??

Jawab nahi milega...hasn't dawned on Sanghis that under Modi, they live in a useless country...
Looks like Modi & Sanghis are giving sleepless nights to many not just in India but outside too. Nevermind.

You dont need to prove your loyalty to China or hate for India.

I had said "... trample upon anything it can and gulp everything it can..."

Which means, if China could, it would trample India too.

Agreed that China is way ahead of India in many ways. But you should also agree that China cannot trample upon India.

I re-iterate, you dont need to prove your loyalty to China or hate for India. You just should agree that an overambitious country will trample upon & gulp anything/everything it can.

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Looks like Modi & Sanghis are giving sleepless nights to many not just in India but outside too. Nevermind.

You dont need to prove your loyalty to China or hate for India.

I had said "... trample upon anything it can and gulp everything it can..."

Which means, if China could, it would trample India too.

Agreed that China is way ahead of India in many ways. But you should also agree that China cannot trample upon India.

I re-iterate, you dont need to prove your loyalty to China or hate for India. You just should agree that an overambitious country will trample upon & gulp anything/everything it can.
I think your fear of China trampling upon and gulping India is overblown.

Let's try some logic.

WHY do you think the Chinese would try to trample upon and gulp India?

To gain a market of 1.4 Billion mostly impoverished people?

Try and clean up the mess that is India (a herculean task) which will remain so for ages?

To try to convert Indians culturally to Chinese which is never going to happen in a million years?

What makes you think that India is such a prize to be gained by China?

I can't think of any.

At the most they MAY conceivably take the NE, which will gain them a open path to Bay of Bengal through Bangladesh. But the bay is Indian domain mainly. And the Chinese already have this access through friendly Myanmar (Kaladan or Yangon Port).

This bugaboo and fear of the Chinese is just a tool for Modi and BJP guys to ensure defence spending in the hundreds of Billions which just lines their Swiss accounts.

I see no other reason.

India should patch things up with the Chinese and move on, instead of the useless futile sabre rattling.

This conflict is de-stabilizing the region - and India itself is solely responsible.

FreeFromFear

New Recruit

Apr 9, 2021
Country
India
I think your fear of China trampling upon and gulping India is overblown.

Let's try some logic.

WHY do you think the Chinese would try to trample upon and gulp India?

To gain a market of 1.4 Billion mostly impoverished people?

Try and clean up the mess that is India (a herculean task) which will remain so for ages?

To try to convert Indians culturally to Chinese which is never going to happen in a million years?

What makes you think that India is such a prize to be gained by China?

I can't think of any.

At the most they MAY conceivably take the NE, which will gain them a open path to Bay of Bengal through Bangladesh. But the bay is Indian domain mainly. And the Chinese already have this access through friendly Myanmar (Kaladan or Yangon Port).

This bugaboo and fear of the Chinese is just a tool for Modi and BJP guys to ensure defence spending in the hundreds of Billions which just lines their Swiss accounts.

I see no other reason.

India should patch things up with the Chinese and move on, instead of the useless futile sabre rattling.

This conflict is de-stabilizing the region - and India itself is solely responsible.
Your entire post is about proving loyalty to China and hate for India. I just said, there is NO NEED for that.

Back to topic:
Is China Ambitious? Yes?
Is China overambitious? Yes? Maybe?
Do overambitious people trample upon the weaker ones? Yes?

Other than that, I dont know from where you sensed 'India's fear of China trampling upon and gulping it'. Nevermind. NO NEED to explain.

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Other than that, I dont know from where you sensed 'India's fear of China trampling upon and gulping it'.
Because you mentioned it. :lol:

This Kumar is ignored too....

Man these veggie brained people, their circular logic and their one-dimensional thinking. Proved me right again.

I don't know why I try with Sanghis. Lack of protein means serious lack of normal faculties.

What's normal to the rest of the world is not normal to these people.

FreeFromFear

New Recruit

Apr 9, 2021
Country
India

Man these veggie brained people, their circular logic and their one-dimensional thinking. Proved me right again.

I don't know why I try with Sanghis. Lack of protein means serious lack of normal faculties.

Correct. We are butparast kafirs. We are ofcourse abnormal. It is declared by divine.

Please check what I mentioned and what you think I mentioned. The posts are there for everyone to read.

SIPRA

ELITE MEMBER
Mar 31, 2019
Country
Pakistan

Sanghis have now totally lost their minds. Fear of China is devouring them inside and outside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom