What's new

China-India border conflict (news only, no discussion)

obj 705A

FULL MEMBER
May 26, 2019
888
0
1,813
Country
Iraq
Location
Iraq
I repeat only news (including figures, statements from politicians or even just from twitter accounts, non graphic pictures if available) and NO discussion.

Many of us come here in order to get latest news about the incident yet the other thread has more than 200 pages & still counting! So even if any one shares any news in that other thread the others won't be able to see it because it would get buried by a hundred post immediately after it.

You can post from any news source in here (whether Indian, Chinese, Pakistani etc..), also if you think a member has posted fake news in this thread (eg: if an Indian says 43 Chinese died according Indian intercepts) then do
not reply to him here
, instead just reply to him in the other 200+ page thread.
_______________________________________

India-China dispute: The border row explained in 400 words

What happened in the clash?
At least 20 Indian soldiers were killed in Monday night's incident. It happened in Galwan Valley in the disputed Ladakh region.

China accused Indian troops of crossing the border twice, "provoking and attacking Chinese personnel".

Both sides insisted that no shots were fired. Indian officials gave accounts of fighting with bare hands, iron rods and stones.

There were reports of Chinese casualties, but no official confirmation.

Military officials from both countries later met to "defuse the situation", the Indian army said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53062484
 

obj 705A

FULL MEMBER
May 26, 2019
888
0
1,813
Country
Iraq
Location
Iraq
Breaking: PM Modi confirms Indian soldiers Killed many Chinese soldiers before being martyred.


He says "marte marte mare hain" which translates to "they died while kiling and killing enemies".
___________________________________

PS: just because I'm sharing this doesn't mean I agree with it, this is just to accumulate information.
 

khansaheeb

ELITE MEMBER
Dec 14, 2008
11,126
-4
13,028
Country
Pakistan
Location
United Kingdom
Big blow to Indian army as Indian Commanding officer killed by PLA:-

Home / India News / India, China troops have disengaged at Galwan, says army on clash that killed 20

India, China troops have disengaged at Galwan, says army on clash that killed 20
India China border row: Chinese soldiers had erected an observation post on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control, which has been removed, an official said.
INDIA Updated: Jun 17, 2020 10:52 IST

Rahul Singh | Edited by Aloke Tikku
Hindustan Times, New Delhi

India China border row: Indian soldiers had tried to stop the Chinese troops from altering status quo in the Galwan area. 20 soldiers have been killed in action(ANI file photo for representation)
locked in a tense stand-off for 40 days, people familiar with the development told Hindustan Times.

Twenty Indian soldiers including the commanding officer of an infantry battalion were killed on Monday evening in a clash with Chinese troops in eastern Ladakh’s Galwan valley where soldiers of the two countries have been locked in a tense stand-off for 40 days, people familiar with the development told Hindustan Times.

In its initial statement early on Tuesday, the army had announced that an officer and two soldiers had been killed in action. By evening, an update by the army said 17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the stand off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high-altitude terrain had succumbed to injuries.
The army statement issued on Tuesday evening also said the Indian and Chinese troops at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed “ have disengaged”.

The Chinese army also suffered casualties in the face-off but there was no immediate confirmation of the numbers.

The army statement came hours after the external affairs ministry rebutted the China that pointed fingers at Indian soldiers for provoking the clash. External affairs ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said Monday evening’s violent face-off took place in Galwan valley where the Chinese side “departed from the consensus to respect the LAC (Line of Actual Control)” and attempted to “unilaterally change the status quo”.

Also Read: India blames China for violent face-off in eastern Ladakh, says PLA tried to change status quo

The external ministry ministry did not elaborate how the Chinese troops had tried to alter the status quo. Officials later said it could be a reference to an observation post set up by the Chinese troops on the Indian side of the LAC that was removed by Indian soldiers.

These are the first Indian casualties in a border skirmish with the People’s Liberation Army since October 1975 when Chinese troops ambushed an Indian patrol in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tulung La sector and shot four soldiers dead.

However, no shots were fired this time.

Hindustan Times has learnt rival soldiers exchanged blows, threw stones at each other and Chinese troops even attacked Indian soldiers with rods and nail-studded clubs during the brawl that went on for over six hours. However, this wasn’t the first time the two armies engaged in fisticuffs or used stones and rods to attack each other in the area.

The ongoing border scrap began with a confrontation between rival patrols near Pangong Tso on the night of May 5-6. The border row appears to have turned from bad to worse even as army delegations from India and China have held a series of discussions along the LAC to break the stalemate.

The deadly clash came on a day army delegations from India and China held talks at two locations along the LAC - brigadier-ranked officers met in the Galwan Valley and Colonel-ranked officers in Hot Springs - as part of continuing efforts to resolve the standoff.

As news of the border clash reached New Delhi last evening, Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane cancelled a scheduled visit to Pathankot and spent most of Tuesday at strategy meetings in New Delhi. Defence minister Rajnath Singh briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the developments along the LAC and also held two meetings with chief of defence staff General Bipin Rawat and the three service chiefs to assess the ground situation and review options. External affairs minister S Jaishankar was also present in one of the meetings.

The external affairs ministry, which firmly pinned the blame for the clash on the Chinese side, linked the face-off to “an attempt by the Chinese side to unilaterally change the status quo there”.

“Both sides suffered casualties that could have been avoided had the agreement at the higher level been scrupulously followed by the Chinese side,” Srivastava said.

The limited disengagement of forces at Galwan Valley, Patrolling Point 15 and Hot Springs had started after a meeting between Lieutenant General Harinder Singh, commander of Leh-based 14 Corps, and Major General Liu Lin, commander of the People’s Liberation Army in the South Xinjiang region, on June 6.

Referring to the June 6 meeting where the two sides had agreed on a process for de-escalation, Srivastava said India had expected this would unfold smoothly but “the Chinese side departed from the consensus to respect the LAC”.

The situation remains tense at Pangong, which has been at the centre of the ongoing border scrap and where troops are still locked in a face-off.

Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
tags

top news

‘India wants peace but capable of giving befitting reply if instigated’: PM Modi on Ladakh face-off


‘PM should tell how Chinese occupied Indian territory’: Sonia Gandhi


Intelligence agencies red-flag use of 52 mobile apps with links to China


‘Disturbing and painful’: Rajnath Singh on 20 soldiers killed in China clash


PM Modi calls all-party meeting on June 19 to discuss India-China border situation


Odia JCO killed at Galwan Valley was family’s lone breadwinner
 

obj 705A

FULL MEMBER
May 26, 2019
888
0
1,813
Country
Iraq
Location
Iraq

Indian media say soldiers engaged in direct hand-to-hand combat, with some "beaten to death". During the fight, one newspaper reported, others fell or were pushed into a river.
The Indian army initially said a colonel and two soldiers had died. It later said that "17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty" had died from their injuries, taking the "total that were killed in action to 20".

"I understand that some [further] Indian soldiers went missing. The Indian side is still working to release them from Chinese custody," defence analyst Ajai Shukla told the BBC.

Indian forces appear to have been massively outnumbered by Chinese troops

A senior Indian military official told the BBC there were 55 Indians versus 300 Chinese, who he described as "the Death Squad".

"They hit our boys on the head with metal batons wrapped in barbed wire. Our boys fought with bare hands," the officer, who did not want to be named, said.

His account, which could not be verified, tallies with other reports in the Indian media detailing the savagery of the combat.

The clash has provoked protests in India, with people burning Chinese flags.

China has not confirmed how many of its personnel died or were injured. The BBC's Robin Brant in Beijing says that China has never given contemporaneous confirmation on military deaths outside of peacekeeping duties.
 

obj 705A

FULL MEMBER
May 26, 2019
888
0
1,813
Country
Iraq
Location
Iraq
Here is how the whole thing went down from the Chinese perspective. One of the construction workers involved posted online last night on Weibo.

  1. Chinese construction crew was building camp and bunkers in the disputed zone.
  2. Indian side arrived with anywhere from 60 to 80 men to disrupt project in the evening.
  3. Construction workers tried to run back towards China's line of control. Several got caught and was beaten by Indians.
  4. Workers that made it back to Chinese side summoned back two companies of troops, approximately 200 soldiers. The construction crew also went back with shovels and tools for the upcoming brawl.
  5. Troops attacked Indians with clubs, pipes and sticks. One Indian soldier was killed on the spot in the initial confrontation. I believe that was the Indian battalion commander that was killed. To give him credit, he led his men in front according to the guy that posted.
  6. Outnumbered and surrounded, the other Indian troops tried to hastily retreat down a steep hill. Chinese troops gave chase and toss rocks down the slope at the retreating Indians. Large number of Indians fell down the cliff after being pelted by rocks.
  7. By the time Chinese side stopped, it was already dark. Indian side did not send search parties until higher ranking officers from both sides negotiated a de-escalation process. By the time India sent search parties, several hours had passed.
  8. Some Indian troops froze to death in sub-zero temperatures, or died from their injuries after failing to receive first aid in time.
  9. Chinese side packed up camp and went back to its side of the line after being ordered not to further aggravate the situation. Those severely injured were evacuated by helicopter to field hospitals.
  10. Some Indians troops were captured after the fight ended. They were released quickly as China is not at war with India so it can't keep them as prisoners.


The guy also posted the rough casualty figure on the Chinese side, but obviously it might not be completely accurate since he was in the thick of the brawl and hopped up on adrenaline, the Chinese suffered 0 deaths and around 2 dozen wounded.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)


Top Bottom