• Monday, July 16, 2018

China believes Pakistan can overcome temporary financial difficulties: FM spokesperson - Xinhua

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by LKJ86, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:46 PM.

1. LKJ86

LKJ86 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 5,644 / -1
    China
    China believes Pakistan can overcome temporary financial difficulties: FM spokesperson
    Source: Xinhua| 2018-07-11 23:32:45|Editor: ZX

BEIJING, July 11 (Xinhua) -- A Chinese spokesperson said Wednesday that China believes Pakistan can overcome temporary difficulties in foreign exchange reserves and maintain stable economic development.

Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying made the remarks at a press briefing in response to some Western media reports, which said Pakistan, facing a surging debt risk and a shortage of foreign exchange reserves, hoped China could continue to provide loans, otherwise a number of infrastructure projects of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor could be affected.

Hua refuted the reports as being "seriously inaccurate."

"Pakistan's Finance Minister Shamshad Akhtar has made it clear that Pakistan will firmly adhere to pushing forward the construction of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor," Hua said.

She said that the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor had played a positive role in helping Pakistan maintain relatively high economic growth, and gained full support from the government and people of Pakistan.

"We believe that the construction of the corridor will be implemented steadily according to agreements of the two sides and will not be disturbed by other factors," Hua said.

Source:http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/china/index.htm

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. El Sidd

El Sidd ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 18,244 / -4
    Pakistan
    Its only a matter of time. The financial crisis is artificially induced rather than inherent.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. peacefan

peacefan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 534 / -0
    Netherlands
    Excellent.

Economic development tends to take the wind out of the sails of all sorts of extremism and violent trends.

artificially induced.. by whom, and for what reasons? can you say?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. El Sidd

El Sidd ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 18,244 / -4
    Pakistan
    I am not allowed to say more. Sorry but someone like you should be able to figure this out.

5. peacefan

peacefan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 534 / -0
    Netherlands
    Perhaps i could figure it out, but i bet it would take a lot of googling to even get close to the truth.

And perhaps it's not even the best option to expose such schemes. You tend to drive the ones doing it into a corner that way, making them a lot more dangerous.

Instead, we outside Pakistan should just do what we can to ensure a viable economy for Pakistan, and Afghanistan too by the way. i believe that to be the best way to curb extremism and promote peace and prosperity instead, in both countries.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. El Sidd

El Sidd ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 18,244 / -4
    Pakistan
    They key to fighting terrorism lies in the economic stability of the region. I cannot stress that enough but and its a loud but, territorial disputes will always nurture armed struggle and thus why Pakistan has said that road to peace goes through Kashmir.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Muhammad bin Hamid

Muhammad bin Hamid FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 834 / -2
    Pakistan
    this crisis is due to elections period.once new gov forms this economic crisis will end

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. peacefan

peacefan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 534 / -0
    Netherlands
    yeah, you saw the same in Europe in the 1930s, leading up to WW2. we are taught in school over here that it was the economic difficulty blamed that was blamed on the Jews, that enabled Hitler to call for the Jews' prosecution, and kick off WW2.

and i'm still searching for a way to convince the Indians to let the Kashmiris rule themselves or at least enjoy a periodical (every 5 years or so) referendum to actually legitimize Indian administration of part of Kashmir.

that said, i think the Pakistani Taliban issue to be of greater significance for peace and prosperity in Pakistan than the Kashmir issue will ever be.

also, something that might help Pakistan (i read about water problems in Pakistan recently)..

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/salt...nd-salt-full-technical-specs-for-free.532606/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. El Sidd

El Sidd ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 18,244 / -4
    Pakistan
    valuable contribution to the forum this post.

But there is a fundamental difference into what you are promoting and as to what i am promoting.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. peacefan

peacefan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 534 / -0
    Netherlands
    ok what am i promoting? (i don't even know clearly :D)

and what are you promoting? :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. El Sidd

El Sidd ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 18,244 / -4
    Pakistan
    come on man..... let there exist a little romance of the known and the unknown.

12. peacefan

peacefan FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 534 / -0
    Netherlands
    ok :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Kaptaan

Kaptaan PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +153 / 24,084 / -5
    Pakistan
    What do you think is going to happen? A country like Pakistan would probably come out better by going bankrupt. In fact I would suggest Pakistan go bankrupt but please spend, spend, spend. Not on defence but roads, bridges, rail, airports, schools, hospitals, new towns etc etc

Ask the Greeks or Irish what going bankrupt. Last time I went there both countries are enjoying infinitely living standards then the one* that barks "6th largest economy" etc

*Gangadesh

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  14. TMA

TMA SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 1,880 / -0
    Pakistan
    Especially new towns and especially in Baluchistan..

15. ThanatosI

ThanatosI FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 901 / -0
    United Kingdom
    All in good time my friend.

This temporary phase shall pass. Pakistan as a nation is moving in the right direction , and with Chinese backing I am sure they ll soon become a strong and independent economy. While Pakistan faces tough challenges Indians can make fun of Pakistan's GDP or per capita income or GDP to debt ratio, its just matter of time.