What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany
Little translation of LKJ86's post upstairs. :-)

"In this year military news, everyone is mainly talking about Y-20 changing engines with WS-20. Not much was mention regarding our best fighter jet J-20 mainly due to no new information was revealed.

But there will actually be a big news regarding a major upgrade/improved version of J-20 soon. I believe a lot of people will be drunk happy on the date when the news is revealed. The pictures are old pictures from 2019 air force exhibition."

I do hope he is right and something really worth celebrating is revealed soon.:smitten:

I would already be "drunk happy on the date when the news is revealed" when I see a WS-10C powered one in PLAAF grey with serial numbers of a new unit?

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Aug 19, 2010
Country
China

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany
Oh well, when even 秋秋Q30 confirms this!

I've checked my timeline and seems like no one is discussing about it?
"A major variant of J-20", Q30 has confirmed that it will be the long-rumored twin seater. He even already know the dimensions of the aircraft-despite of course he can't said the number.

But probably after the most recent Y-20B & WS-20 fiasco we all should be a bit more patient and careful with posting rumours, reports and images?

Last edited:

Sep 9, 2016
Country
China
I would already be "drunk happy on the date when the news is revealed" when I see a WS-10C powered one in PLAAF grey with serial numbers of a new unit?
The way he put this one certainly looks like something bigger than that.

I suspect of a WS-15 powered J-20 finally surfaced to the public.

One very high-level scientist in military Aero-Engine tech, Liu Daxiang, told the media that WS-15 will be ready in 3-5 years, and he told that in 2017.

Figaro

Aug 17, 2017
Country
United States
The way he put this one certainly looks like something bigger than that.

I suspect of a WS-15 powered J-20 finally surfaced to the public.

One very high-level scientist in military Aero-Engine tech, Liu Daxiang, told the media that WS-15 will be ready in 3-5 years, and he told that in 2017.
He said this in July 2018. Sometime in 2021 would be the best case scenario but I think 2023 is more realistic for design certification. We should probably see the WS-15 next year or the year after on a new J-20 prototype for flight testing should Dr. Liu's timeline be correct.

Sep 9, 2016
Country
China
He said this in July 2018. Sometime in 2021 would be the best case scenario but I think 2023 is more realistic for design certification. We should probably see the WS-15 next year or the year after on a new J-20 prototype for flight testing should Dr. Liu's timeline be correct.
He said the engine will be ready by then, if the 3-5 year timeframe is right, then it is about time the prototype engine of WS-15 being fitting on J-20 for test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Top Bottom