What's new

British Airways targets return to Bangladesh

Black_cats

Dec 31, 2010
British Airways targets return to Bangladesh
Nick Harding
Nick Harding
6 hours ago
British Airways 787 powered by Roll-Royce Trent 1000 Engines. (Aviation Media Agency)

British Airways 787 powered by Roll-Royce Trent 1000 Engines. (Aviation Media Agency)

British Airways (BA/BAW) is reportedly targeting a return to the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka (DAC/VGHS) after an 11-year absence.

The airline is seeking permission from the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) to operate the route from London Heathrow (LHR/EGLL).

British Airways last flew to Dhaka in 2009 but has recently been turning its eyes towards Southern Asia with flights to Lahore and Islamabad recently returning as transatlantic traffic drops.

The move would put British Airways in competition with Bangladeshi carrier Biman who already operate to Dhaka and Sylhet from Heathrow.

The route is expected to be approved by the CAAB but no start date has been given for the flights which are expected to be operated by a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.

SpaceMan18

Aug 10, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
I heard Biman will be going to New York , but the FAA said Bangladesh has to improve their airport security or something.

but anyways good luck making money now Biman lol

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
I heard Biman will be going to New York , but the FAA said Bangladesh has to improve their airport security or something.

but anyways good luck making money now Biman lol
Biman has the approval now..... C19 and capacity issue is delaying things as i understand.

BA of old is not what BA is now. If they provide direct service they may do well but if the service is to stopover in the middleeast i expext it to fail.

Bimans 777s provide much superior service to the decrepit BA fleet. I last flew BA 2 years ago to and could not believe the crapness of the plane and service and i was on business class as was travelling for work.

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Biman has the approval now..... C19 and capacity issue is delaying things as i understand.

BA of old is not what BA is now. If they provide direct service they may do well but if the service is to stopover in the middleeast i expext it to fail.

Bimans 777s provide much superior service to the decrepit BA fleet. I last flew BA 2 years ago to and could not believe the crapness of the plane and service and i was on business class as was travelling for work.
Truth be told people rather take transit flights than direct long haul flights. Which is why you see large jumbojets are going extinct. BIMAN will not gain profit if it keeps trying to compete in long haul flights. It should focus on short to mid range routes first. London to bd flight takes off and land a total of 4 times for a single flight. That’s inefficiency

DalalErMaNodi

BANNED
May 12, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
Truth be told people rather take transit flights than direct long haul flights. Which is why you see large jumbojets are going extinct. BIMAN will not gain profit if it keeps trying to compete in long haul flights. It should focus on short to mid range routes first. London to bd flight takes off and land a total of 4 times for a single flight. That’s inefficiency

Man those khets that are aboard the western routes are insufferable, supposedly they live in some westerner 1st world country but they behave like hood rats.

Noisy and Greasy.

I never fly Biman, It's either Western wannabe hoodrats straight out the ghetto or entitled car washers who live in housing projects (with their tribe of 10) but act like they own the jet and so on.....

Unfortunately, a certain section of our people have no civility, hell, you'll find unlearned (for a lack of opportunities) people in Bangladesh who are more polite and civil.

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Man those khets that are aboard the western routes are insufferable, supposedly they live in some westerner 1st world country but they behave like hood rats.

Noisy and Greasy.

I never fly Biman, It's either Western wannabe hoodrats straight out the ghetto or entitled car washers who live in housing projects (with their tribe of 10) but act like they own the jet and so on.....

Unfortunately, a certain section of our people have no civility, hell, you'll find unlearned (for a lack of opportunities) people in Bangladesh who are more polite and civil.
Dude the only way to travel to Bangladesh with relative peace of mind is in business class. Away from all the kids and their mothers whining. I’ve tried every possible airline combination and came to this conclusion. Man I miss the days when I was a kid and travelled in emirates without much screaming and shouting. Now even that airlines is defiled

DalalErMaNodi

BANNED
May 12, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
Dude the only way to travel to Bangladesh with relative peace of mind is in business class. Away from all the kids and their mothers whining. I’ve tried every possible airline combination and came to this conclusion. Man I miss the days when I was a kid and travelled in emirates without much screaming and shouting. Now even that airlines is defiled

There's always that blasted toddler who is out to violate everybody else's ear drums and there's the dumb mother who'll shaft you for asking her to get the baby under control.

What the hell are pacifiers for then ?

Travelling with the whole tribe like hoodrats, you see how they behave in BD, same as in the plane, like they own everything, entitled rats all haughty because they live in the west and wash cars there.

@Iltutmish any horror stories on Pak bound flights bro ?

Last edited:

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Lol.....

The point I was trying to make is BA has unfortunately let go of previous high standards to the point it is now below Biman probably.

I have heard good things about Biman in recent years but have no direct experience. I last flew biman around maybe 15 years ago.... it was ok. Had a feeling that it was the same plane i flew 15 years previously when i was a kid.

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
There's always that blasted toddler who is out to violate everybody else's ear drums and there's the dumb mother who'll shaft you for asking her to get the baby under control.

What the hell are pacifiers for then ?

Travelling with the whole tribe like hoodrats, you see how they behave in BD, same as in the plane, like they own everything, entitled rats all haughty because they live in the west and wash cars there.

@Iltutmish any horror stories on Pak bound flights bro ?
Kids cry for few reasons, either they’re hungry or something hurts... I have been flying from age 1 I never cried in the plane or caused trouble. Modern parents are incompetent fucks.

DalalErMaNodi

BANNED
May 12, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
Kids cry for few reasons, either they’re hungry or something hurts... I have been flying from age 1 I never cried in the plane or caused trouble. Modern parents are incompetent fucks.

Khets are the polar opposites of 'modern', they just import their village antics wherever they go, You can bring them aboard an orbital facility and they'll still be the same...

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you have!!!! Kids when young will get frightened, have ear pains during take off and landing etc due to air pressure changes. Its very common and not particular to BDs.

Apart from very young kids nowadays anyone over 6 has a ipad so very little disruption .... i travel for work a lot..... its so much better now than it was say 10 years ago.....

DalalErMaNodi

BANNED
May 12, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
Yes you have!!!! Kids when young will get frightened, have ear pains during take off and landing etc due to air pressure changes. Its very common and not particular to BDs.

Apart from very young kids nowadays anyone over 6 has a ipad so very little disruption .... i travel for work a lot..... its so much better now than it was say 10 years ago.....

Fly Biman. Rue your continued Existence all through the flight.

Michael Corleone

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 27, 2014
Country
Bangladesh

Well if my parents account and my memory is anything to go by, as a 1yo I just slept, as a 2-9yo I just watched TV throughout the flight, from 10- 17, I spent my time playing video games and from 19-24... I spent my flight hours half asleep... so no, I never annoyed people whining/ crying. The only time I’ve been reported crying for a week was when I had circumcision at 1 month old.
Surprisingly pressure changes never effected my eardrums as a child but now they’re annoying and hurts a lot.
back in my time it was worse to kill time in flights as there were no iPad or iPhones and I didn’t have a PSP until I was in my teen years... we had to kill time reading books or using coloring books
Fly Biman. Rue your continued Existence all through the flight.
I flew in those rackety dc10s back in 2005, that thing had one projector for the whole cabin and they tried to make it work, but it wasn’t working except in azam time, they served rice, chicken and dal and aloo bhaji... someone shat diarrhea in the only working toilet and made it out of service for the remaining of the flight. Swore off BIMAN that day as a 8yo kid

mb444

Apr 18, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Well if my parents account and my memory is anything to go by, as a 1yo I just slept, as a 2-9yo I just watched TV throughout the flight, from 10- 17, I spent my time playing video games and from 19-24... I spent my flight hours half asleep... so no, I never annoyed people whining/ crying. The only time I’ve been reported crying for a week was when I had circumcision at 1 month old.
Surprisingly pressure changes never effected my eardrums as a child but now they’re annoying and hurts a lot.
back in my time it was worse to kill time in flights as there were no iPad or iPhones and I didn’t have a PSP until I was in my teen years... we had to kill time reading books or using coloring books

I flew in those rackety dc10s back in 2005, that thing had one projector for the whole cabin and they tried to make it work, but it wasn’t working except in azam time, they served rice, chicken and dal and aloo bhaji... someone shat diarrhea in the only working toilet and made it out of service for the remaining of the flight. Swore off BIMAN that day as a 8yo kid

Lol...you were an unusually good kid then.

I have travell with my daughters who are 6 and 3 on holidays. We always take a night flight and a little bit of you yee oil on their feet always does the trick and they fall asleep.

Doomstar

May 9, 2015
Country
Bangladesh
Had a really bad transit from my last flight with BA from NY to London to Dhaka in 2006. I'll pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom