• Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Biker's Lounge

Discussion in 'Members Club' started by Muhammad Omar, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Signalian

Signalian SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +134 / 9,792 / -0
    Pakistan
    IMG_4577.JPG

2. __Jihadi__

__Jihadi__ FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 131 / -0
    Pakistan
    Yes it is a bad score and I improved alot and brought it to zero this year and then switched to car. The other things is that, I understand that it is a matter of life and death and I have also lost some friends and that is why I improved.
    I totally agree to you about developing skills and the safety measures, I look forward to be a descent biker and not some lame guy with zero talentIWill also keep it on the minimal risking level. it is all about the patience and calmness, i lost it the moment I freaked.
    In the begging it was all about the top speed, I started from GS 150 and used to do a full meter on shahrahe faisal every day then 200 and then 300 but as I got matured and saw a friend dying in the hospital, I realized that this is not a game it is a reality and you can die in a reality and that was the moment when I started to concentrate on my skills and Allhamdullilah it's zero this year like they say "Speed thrills but it kills".
    Inshallah I am totally going for the safety kit and all the measures required
    I have a biker friends who owns R6 but he is kind of a rude guy doesn't shares much about the bike and parts etc , pakwheel forum is a good idea but a physical biker group is more motivating and easy to interact with.
    thank you again for these mature and responsible advises, It is great talking to you

:omghaha: you need to meet her parents and tell them this in their face because they are taking lightly !!!

3. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan
    Better yet, get a new R6. Or a Hayabusa. That'll prove it. Plus all the taxes.

x
    x
    x

PW-PIMA-001.jpg

4. __Jihadi__

__Jihadi__ FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 131 / -0
    Pakistan
    this is the honda cb1000r uk version

5. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan
    US version, actually. Nice bike.

6. Synchonicist

Synchonicist FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 134 / -1
    Getting a royal Enfield Interceptor soon :)

7. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan
    Misc-01--001.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Synchonicist

Synchonicist FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 134 / -1
    Nice1, yours ?

They're really cool bikes, these big 1200cc adventure tourers etc but there is a downside to touring solo with them, you're fucked if they tip over in a deep puddle or something and you're by yourself.

Get a cheap desi made RE Himalyan instead... sasti, tikau, and easy to handle :D

I've been following her adventures, cool woman, good bike

9. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan
    One of the things taught at the BMW Performance Rider Academy is how to pick up these bikes when tipped over. It is surprisingly easy with the correct technique. There are also compact aids to help recover them if they go off the track. No problems at all.

Where the lighter bikes do have an advantage is on very technical or single track routes where momentum becomes important to manage. The Royal Enfield is not that much lighter than a GS (420 lbs vs 448 lbs dry) while the GS has four times the horsepower.

(Instead of a Himalayan, I use a KLR650 for the really rough tracks.)

10. ZAC1

ZAC1 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 432 / -0
    Pakistan
    All these great bikes have huge disadvantage in pakistan no spares r mechanic avaiable during any adventure tour...

11. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan
    https://www.facebook.com/bmwmotorradpk/

No problems at all finding workshops and parts.

12. Synchonicist

Synchonicist FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 134 / -1
    yeah, how to pick up a bike is one of the most important things one can learn, powerlift, palms facing back and 'walk back' till it's up. A friend of mine actually dislocated a shoulder picking his (classic 500) up chest first.

A GS1200 ?

I know the 310 is a direct competitor to the Himalyan in our local market, great bike, loses out in the pricing though.. just how it is here in the poor world lol

n1, I'm obviously a bit of an RE fanboy :P

but really, they're good, they're cheap, super modable.. you basically buy a canvas when you get a 500, or even the twins or the Himalyan... get one, just for fun, don't waste your hate just because India ;)

13. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan
    Yes, the GS1200 is not very heavy and easier to pickup due to its design than many would suspect. (The 310 is too frantic.) I do like the RE bikes, and many of my friends have them. I bought the KLR before RE was available here, but I will consider it as an option when it is time to replace it. The KLR itself is not too far off a motorized donkey itself, BTW, but that can be a positive attribute quite often.

14. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan
    Forksville May 2019 01.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. VCheng

VCheng ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55 / 31,544 / -4
    Pakistan