Posts based on a VIDEO, an IMAGE or a tweet should be posted in multimedia section. We do not want to turn the forum into Instagram right?
Any post shared in open debate and discussion sections should have some written material explaining the video/image. Sharing your point of view on that image or video so that it encourages a discussion.
look at the Bavar-373 long-range air defence system and its subsystems.
1. Bavar has 3 radars instead of the usual 1 (Patriot) or 2 (S-300). 2 of the radars shown are here - an engagement radar and an "engagement and acquisition" radar. The battle management radar, and the third radar is called Meraj-4 (at least 450 km range). All AESAs.
This should be the worlds first operational dual-band SAM system: Chinese have a new HQ-16 variant that is dual band, but not ready/in service. The relationship between the acquisition radar and engagement radar is most likely beyond that, they are sensor-fusion twins.
It can be said that:
- Bavar-373 with X-band asset can engage non-stealth targets at long ranges. It can also engage BMs.
- Bavar-373 with S-band asset can engage stealth targets at close range.
- Bavar-373 with both radars combined and intact can engage stealth targets at long range. It also gets much more robust in terms of ECM and beaming/notching.
Meraj-4 and Nebo are strictly speaking not integral parts of the Bavar-373 system but higher level assets. They support several Bavar-373 batteries.
2. The TEL is the Zoljanah, a LARGE 10x10 off-road truck. In testing it has 2 launch canisters, but when operational it will have 4.
3. Other vehicles include the Zafar, an 8x8 off-road truck used to carry the radars. Also included is a 6x6 truck (which may be off-road capable) with a large cabin. It seems to act as a mobile command post for the battery.
4. we see the Sayyad-4 missile, with serial no. SD4AM M4A. Sayyad-4 is widely attributed to be Bavar-373's missile and was seen years ago with the same fin assembly and tapered nose. It's about 7m long.
5. It is launched vertically, as seen in these screenshots. But notably, it is a HOT launch, meaning the rocket motor is ignited inside the canister. This is unlike the S-300, which uses a cold launch system, ejecting the missiles with gas before they are fired ( you can see s 300 cold launch in last pic ).
soooo Bavar-373 has 300 km range and 65 km altitude ( which i think its lie Bavar-373 has bigger range than that as Iran will never say the real range so i will say it has 400 km range and altitude is even grater then 65 km ).
Deputy of defense minister:
Bavar-373 can cover from low to 65km altitude and has a range of 300km.