What's new

Bangladeshi astrophysicist Tonima Tasnim Ananna on SN Top 10 Scientists list

Falcon26

Dec 24, 2015
Country
United States
More like Bangladeshis going places by virtue of their individual talents.

Bangladesh has not achieved squat in Astrophysics.
Don’t be a sore poster. Bangladesh might have not achieved much in astrophysics, yet, but every indicator is pointing on the positive side. Give it another decade of stability and growth, and it will surprise even naysayers like you.

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Jul 9, 2014
Country
India
Congrats to her.

Maybe she can go back to Bangladesh and contribute to setting up of a world-class space university which not only will teach astrophysics but also geology, astrobiology, computers, rocket engines, structures, agriculture, space medicine etc. A cross-discipline learning place. After all space is the next industry for humans. And BD government can chip in with the seed fund.

Last edited:

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2009
Country
Bangladesh
If she was born in US then little chance for her to come back but maybe handsome Bangladeshi man can be a good idea to start......Bangladesh gov can try to find good candidate from their civil servant or police/army, send him to USA and bring back that girl to Banglades...!!!!!! They will produce smart kids as well.

Indonesian police

View attachment 701363

Another one :D

View attachment 701364

Air Force
View attachment 701365

I know Bangladesh also can find some in their police/Army........ :coffee:
Your scheme may not work as woman tend to marry up, a man in uniform just might not be her type !

Destranator

Jul 20, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Don’t be a sore poster. Bangladesh might have not achieved much in astrophysics, yet, but every indicator is pointing on the positive side. Give it another decade of stability and growth, and it will surprise even naysayers like you.
You did not get my point. Living in reality is not "being sore" or "naysaying".

You have no idea how talented academics are treated by Bangladeshi public university syndicates upon their return. Quality research work is actively stifled out of pure jealousy.
Claiming her achievement as Bangladesh's is not only unearned but an active attempt at sweeping of corruption and injustice under the rug.
If she was born in US then little chance for her to come back but maybe handsome Bangladeshi man can be a good idea to start......Bangladesh gov can try to find good candidate from their civil servant or police/army, send him to USA and bring back that girl to Banglades...!!!!!! They will produce smart kids as well.

Indonesian police

View attachment 701363

Another one :D

View attachment 701364

Air Force
View attachment 701365

I know Bangladesh also can find some in their police/Army........ :coffee:
I think a woman is worth more than just props for marriage and reproduction.
What she does with her relationship game should not concern us.
Let us stick to Astrophysics.

Last edited:

Indos

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Jul 25, 2013
Country
Indonesia
Well good for you to act as matchmaker :-) (and they can find fine matches for her in Bangladesh like this) but I believe her parents may end up finding a match for her stateside, or she will. She won't be leaving the US I'm afraid, judging by past experience with brilliant academics like her.

Women Academics in Bangladesh or abroad typically don't become trophy wives.
I think Bangladesh gov should put this girl as something like visiting professor or some position in Bangladesh research agency. We also have similar situation with one of our expert in SAR radar who currently work in Japan (Japan give him a laboratory), but the cooperation still exist with Indonesia where many of our SAR radar researcher and student can get scholarship in his laboratory. He still maintain Indonesia citizenship though due to the fact he was born in Indonesia and studied Bachelor degree in Indonesia and has become our researchers in gov research agency for some time before moving to Japan.

That Bangladeshi girl with her brain and capability in math and physic should rather study about jet engine or avionics something.......(where in a dream scenario move to Bangladesh to build Bangladesh technology, we have Habibie who did that even though his family who finance him to study in German)
I think a woman is worth more than just props for marriage and reproduction.
What she does with her relationship game should not concern us.
Let us stick to Astrophysics.
The main point that I try to raise is to bring her back to Bangladesh and develop that nation. Those handsome man story is only some sort of humor, you dont need to be so serious man....

Last edited:

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Mango Bangladeshis:

"To ki hoise?

Monehoy BSC fail koira eishob porte gese bideshe

Jibontai to britha hoiya gelo"
Abar jigay! :lol: Bhaijan , ei Nia natok o ache . BCS na korle girlfriend o vage lol. (YouTube a search dite paren "Onubhobe" nam natok tar . Ekhane diye dile link asteche na).

Hayre BCS !

Last edited:

KurtisBrian

Aug 24, 2020
Country
Canada
Bangladeshi astrophysicist Tonima Tasnim Ananna topped the list this year for her outstanding work and research on black holes.
See? That is how you do it. Remember that thread on how Noam Chomsky trashed on Pakistan for not being scientific? Let other nations piss away their accumulated wealth on discoveries then take. The articles are published, universities exist, all one has to do is send people to study or hire a few experts to teach. Cost is thousands of times less. Once the nation who pissed away its wealth is plundered THEN swoop in to take everything. Kind of like Poker, where one fool lays all his cards on the table for everyone else to see. Idiots. LOL

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
See? That is how you do it. Remember that thread on how Noam Chomsky trashed on Pakistan for not being scientific? Let other nations piss away their accumulated wealth on discoveries then take. The articles are published, universities exist, all one has to do is send people to study or hire a few experts to teach. Cost is thousands of times less. Once the nation who pissed away its wealth is plundered THEN swoop in to take everything. Kind of like Poker, where one fool lays all his cards on the table for everyone else to see. Idiots. LOL
I could not comprehend your post or angle, meaning how this woman's academic achievements relates to any clandestine effort by any Govt. (i.e. Bangladesh Govt.) to 'take everything' scientific from Western Nations.

KurtisBrian

Aug 24, 2020
Country
Canada
I could not comprehend your post or angle, meaning how this woman's academic achievements relates to any clandestine effort by any Govt. (i.e. Bangladesh Govt.) to 'take everything' scientific from Western Nations.
Doesn't have to be an effort by Gov't. The effect is the dissemination of technologies that cost untold amounts of wealth to create. Why were Europe, the UK, America and even Japan "rich"? They had technological superiority. They could make products others couldn't. They had weapons to submit their opponents. Once others have the same technology those with better lands, more productive labor and more people can return to dominance. Like it was in the past when people in Europe had NOTHING while the people in Asia had EVERYTHING. Asians didn't give a fck about the starving freezing people in Europe back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom