• Wednesday, October 23, 2019

BANGLADESH REQUESTS TRIPURA CM NAMING OF ROAD AFTER MUJIBUR REHMAN

Discussion in 'Bangladesh Defence Forum' started by Black_cats, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Black_cats

Black_cats SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,995 / -5
    BANGLADESH REQUESTS TRIPURA CM NAMING OF ROAD AFTER MUJIBUR REHMAN
    DIGITAL DESKSEPTEMBER 17, 2019

http://newslivetv.com/india/bangladesh-requests-tripura-cm-naming-of-road-after-mujibur-rehman/
    [​IMG]
    FacebookTwitterWhatsAppPinterestCopy LinkShare

Agartala: Bangladesh Information Minister Muhammad Hasan Mahamud met Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb on Monday and requested the naming a road here after Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rehman on his birth centenary next year, officials said.

He also requested for constructing a martyrs column here for the freedom fighters who laid down their lives in the Bangladesh Liberation War.

Deb later told reporters in the presence of the Bangladesh minister, He has made two requests one naming a road in the name of Bangabandhu Mujibar Rehaman and to build a shahid minar (martyrs column) here. I have told him that the matter would be communicated to the Government of India with due importance.

Hasan said Tripura was closely involved with the Liberation Movement of Bangladesh. It had accommodated 15 lakh refugees, which was as much as its population at that time. So we requested for naming any road in Bangabandhu’s name here to commemorate his birth centenary and to build a martyrs column.

Mujibur Rehman’s name was also involved with the Agartala conspiracy case which was framed by Pakistan government in 1968 against him, in-service and ex-service army personnel and high government officials accusing them of being involved in a conspiracy to secede the eastern wing of Pakistan with the help of the government of India, he said.

The Pakistan government was compelled to withdraw the case in the face of a mass movement in East Pakistan.

The Bangladesh minister said that Deb has specifically requested for better connectivity through his country, standard operating procedure for Mongla and Chittagong ports for the state, auction of tea from Tripura and setting up of more border haats.

I have told Deb that the demands of Tripura government will be communicated to the ministry concerned in Bangladesh, Mahamud said.

He was here to inaugurate two-day film festival of Bangladesh. PTI

2. Black_cats

Black_cats SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,995 / -5
    Bangladesh Minister, Tripura CM Discuss Trade, Connectivity
    September 17, 2019 1:14 pm
    [​IMG]

https://www.sentinelassam.com/north...nister-tripura-cm-discuss-trade-connectivity/

Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb on Monday discussed cross border trade, improvement of connectivity and curbing of drug smuggling and illegal trade between the northeastern state and Bangladesh with Bangladeshi Information Minister Hasan Mahmud.

“During our meeting, the Chief Minister raised various issues relating to cross border trade, improvement of connectivity and curbing of drugs smuggling and illegal trades between Tripura and Bangladesh,” the visiting minister said after the meeting.

He said that the Chief Minister was keen to set up more “Border Haats” (markets) to boost the livelihood of the people living in border villages, export tea to Bangladesh and to use Chittagong and Mongla sea ports to carry goods and machinery from other parts of the country to Tripura via Bangladesh.

Deb also stressed the need for early completion of the 12.23 km Agartala-Akaura Rs 972 crore railway project and construction of a big bridge in southern Tripura over river Feni. “I would take up these matters with the Bangladesh Prime Minister and concerned ministers,” Mahmud added.

He said that after Prime Minister Narendra Modi took office, India-Bangladesh relations had further developed.

“For each other’s prosperity, India and Bangladesh are coming closer day by day and in the coming days it would reach a climax.”

In the meeting, Deb told Mahmud: “Before taking oath of office of Chief Minister on March 9 last year, I first took the blessings from my mother then talked to the Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina over phone. She told me to take steps to curb the smuggling of drugs to Bangladesh. I deeply admire her for her motherly love and affection. Our government has taken a series of steps to curb drugs smuggling and illegal business.

Mahmud, who was accompanied by parliamentarians, senior officials, and artists arrived here on Sunday on a three-day visit. (IANS)

3. bluesky

bluesky SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 8,583 / -8
    Bangladesh
    - I wonder if this Hasan Mahmud, the minister of BD, himself raised the issue of naming a road in the name of Sk. Mujib to please his benefactor Hasina Bibi or he was asked by Hasina Bibi to take the natter to Tripura CM?

- Could it be also that this proposal is a prelude to accepting India's request to give 52 acres of land for Agartala Airport? It means, Tripura names a road and BD leases 52 acres of land as a gesture of reciprocity.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Bengal71

Bengal71 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,004 / -11
    Bangladesh

Likely the first one:

"সাহেব ও মোসাহেব" -
    বিদ্রোহী কবি কাজী নজরুল ইসলাম

সাহেব কহেন, ”চমৎকার ! সে চমৎকার !”
    মোসাহেব বলে, ”চমৎকার ! সে হতেই হবে যে !
    হুজুরের মতে অমত কার ?”

সাহেব কহেন, ”কী চমৎকার,
    বলতেই দাও আহা হা।”’
    মোসাহেব বলে, ”হুজুরের কথা শুনেই বুঝেছি
    বাহাহা বাহাহা বাহাহা ! ”

সাহেব কহেন, ”কথাটা কি জান ? সেদিন—-”
    মোসাহেব বলে,”জানি নি আবার ?
    ঐ যে, কি বলে, যেদিন—-”

সাহেব কহেন, ”সেদিন বিকেলে
    বৃষ্টিটা ছিল স্বল্প।”
    মোসাহেব বলে, ”আহাহা শুনেছ ?
    কি বা অপরূপ গল্প !”

সাহেব কহেন, ”আরে মলো ! আগে
    বলতেই দাও গোড়াটা !”
    মোসাহেব বলে, ”আহা-হা গোড়াটা ! হুজুরের গোড়া !
    এই, চুপ চুপ ছোঁড়াটা ! ”

সাহেব কহেন, ” কি বলছিলাম,
    গোলমালে গেল গুলায়ে !”
    মোসাহেব বলে, হুজুরের মাথা ! গুলাতেই হবে !
    দিব কি হস্ত বুলায়ে ?”

সাহেব কহেন, ”শোনো না ! সেদিন
    সূর্য্য উঠেছে সকালে !”
    মোসাহেব বলে,”সকালে সূর্য্য ? আমরা কিন্তু
    দেখি না কাঁদিলে কোঁকালে !”

সাহেব কহেন, ”ভাবিলাম যাই,
    আসি খাসিকটা বেড়ায়ে।”
    মোসাহেব বলে,”অমন সকাল ! যাবে কোথা বাবা,
    হুজুরের চোখ এড়ায়ে !”

সাহেব কহেন, ”হলো না বেড়ানো,
    ঘরেই রহিনু বসিয়া !”
    মোসাহেব বলে, ”আগেই বলেছি ! হুজুর কি চাষা,
    বেড়াবেন হাল চষিয়া ?”

সাহেব কহেন,”বসিয়া বসিয়া
    পড়েছি কখন ঝিমায়ে !”
    মোসাহেব বলে, ”এই চুপ সব ! হুজুর ঝিমান !
    পাখা কর্ , ডাক নিমাই এ !”

সাহেব কহেন, ”ঝিমাইনি, কই
    এই ত জেগেই রয়েছি !”
    মোসাহেব বলে, ” হুজুর জেগেই রয়েছেন, তা
    আগেই সবারে কয়েছি !”

সাহেব কহেন, ”জাগিয়া দেখিনু,
    জুটিয়াছে যত
    হনুমান আর অপদেব !”

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 4,089 / -2
    Bangladesh
    Why is Bangladesh callled Bangladesh, might as well rename of mujibdesh or bongobondhudesh
    Smh

I don’t like where this is going

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. bluesky

bluesky SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4 / 8,583 / -8
    Bangladesh

Like another Moshaheb in Nazrul's poem above, I will work as your Moshaheb and request our Begum Saheba, the PM, to keep you close to her for thinking of such a suggestion. Many thanks.

But, where is @TopCat? Please say something about Hasan Mahmud.

Koi Jawab nahin. Ye Shaer Parhne ke bad, Mera Jawab/Jaban bandh ho gaya.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bilal9

Bilal9 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 17,359 / -4
    Bangladesh
    Ha ha ha LOL :lol:

Thanks for bringing this back, the subject of many kids plays at Chayya-Naut. Old memories.

Takes after scenes in Hirok Rajar Deshey (Satyajit Ray) - doesn't it?

8. Bengal71

Bengal71 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,004 / -11
    Bangladesh
    Hirok Rajar Deshe

Ora joto beshi jane toto kom mane....

Baki guli vule gesi. Valo kotha mone korsen, onek din dekhi na. Abar dekhte hobe.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  9. Bilal9

Bilal9 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 17,359 / -4
    Bangladesh
    Yup Ray was a genius. He highlighted all the corruption in his home country through satire and expert visuals. Greatest film maker in my opinion along with Kurosawa, Vittorio Di Sica and some others.

Remember 'Mogoj Dholai Jontro'...:-)

10. Bengal71

Bengal71 FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 2,004 / -11
    Bangladesh
    If you say so. My knowledge about films of any type is near zero. I don't want TV, don't watch movies, it's been like that for about 20 years now. Only time I watch movies is when I am on a long haul flight lol.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. RIWWIR

RIWWIR SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 6,064 / -0
    Pakistan
    He created a master piece in Hindi, as well, a film "Shatranj Ke Khilarhi" (Chess Players).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Bilal9

Bilal9 ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11 / 17,359 / -4
    Bangladesh
    Yes one of a few he made in Hindi. But mostly they are in Bengali which are usually dubbed to English. IMHO - his films are national treasures in India as well as descriptors of the human condition in a subcontinental context.

I stopped watching commercial movies a long time ago. My interests are mostly historical accounts (the more factual the better) - and of course watching the creations of great directors. Art movies are great fodder for thought. I get some kick out of watching them (and then comparing them to how people react in everyday life).

More on topic (the subject of this thread), Ray outlined several themes in his movies (especially in 'Hirok Razar Deshey') to which some of Hasina's actions are shamelessly identical (such as naming everything in her dad's name and hiding slums behind barricades etc.).

• Thanks Thanks x 1