What's new

Bangladesh Biman 787 at Farnborough

Nilgiri

BANNED
Aug 4, 2015
Country
India
It surprised me to see the almost vertical take-off, about 90 degree curve, and so beautiful side sways. it is just fantastic.

It is an optical illusion created by camera angle. Anything more than 30 degrees at takeoff and you will stall.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
It is an optical illusion created by camera angle. Anything more than 30 degrees at takeoff and you will stall.
I checked about the angle of take-off. It may be even less than 30 degrees. However, the 787 was empty without any load. So, the angle shown may be due to this as well as an illusion. But, anyway, the take-off looks very impressive. I heard our BIMAN will receive two units immediately and other two units at a later time.

Nilgiri

BANNED
Aug 4, 2015
Country
India
I checked about the angle of take-off. It may be even less than 30 degrees. However, the 787 was empty without any load. So, the angle shown may be due to this as well as an illusion. But, anyway, the take-off looks very impressive. I heard our BIMAN will receive two units immediately and other two units at a later time.

Empty or not, the FADEC + flight control computer of the aircraft (electronic brain you can say) will prevent unsafe angle of attack and flight trajectory being attained. Pilot can pull back on stick as much as he/she wants to, the aircraft will ignore any input that would take the aircraft beyond the V-n diagram (i.e plot of stall and unsafe stress zones) + safety factor.

This illusion from camera has been seen many times, youtube has good selection of "vertical takeoff jetliner" etc:

But if you for example measure the wingspan and length of aircraft as seen on the screen and calculate the angle using trig, you will find the angle it is at is below 30 degrees.

@Signalian technical talk thread! :P

Signalian

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Aug 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
@Signalian technical talk thread! :P
lol, i have already started working on a few things, although i did encounter topics on propeller blade/bend
,composite materials, UAV proton battery, propulsion for space transport, scram jet engines, quiet propeller design etc. I chose researching in radar over aeronautical.

GHALIB

BANNED
Jul 16, 2018
Country
India

it is really impressive and huge aircraft .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom