• Thursday, November 15, 2018

Bangladesh army deploying Russian sam system...

Discussion in 'Bangladesh Defence Forum' started by shourov323, Jun 7, 2015.

1. alaungphaya

alaungphaya BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,051 / -0
    Myanmar
    I think you'll find we have had BD outmanned and outgunned long before 2013. K8s and MiG 29s were bought long before elections and the sanctions only applied to the West, from which we buy no arms.

2. shah1398

shah1398 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 5,436 / -0
    Pakistan
    Yes i stand corrected in that regard.

3. Zabaniyah

Zabaniyah ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7 / 12,366 / -0
    Bangladesh
    What do we expect when 2 million of our population are registered tax payers?

4. Luffy 500

Luffy 500 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 7,321 / -4
    Why doesn't Hasina buy home-made systems like Akash? What abt modi's "make in India" policy...............oh sorry i forgot BD is still a 3rd rate India colony not officially recognized state of India. :(

5. Sam.

Sam. SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,757 / -1
    India
    Jamati logic 101

6. alaungphaya

alaungphaya BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,051 / -0
    Myanmar
    What's an Akash?

7. TopCat

TopCat ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 11,131 / -2
    Bangladesh
    An army which abduct children from train station and send them to front line..
    You think an army of that statute can stand a chance against a professional army? You can rant as much as you can or dream as you like but at the end of the day they will run away as we seen in the past.

Burma’s child soldiers return home to face fresh challenges | Global development | The Guardian

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  8. alaungphaya

alaungphaya BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,051 / -0
    Myanmar
    When have we run away? Our armed forces out number and outgun you. They are battle experienced. That's a fact.

9. TopCat

TopCat ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 11,131 / -2
    Bangladesh
    Only few days ago Indians just molested you... LOL

10. alaungphaya

alaungphaya BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,051 / -0
    Myanmar
    Why, what did they do and how is that relevant?

11. UKBengali

UKBengali ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 13,231 / -2
    Bangladesh
    BD should increase defence spending gradually to 3 per cent of GDP by 2025. Massive arms build-up should take place then between 2025-2030 which will allow a rapid annexation of Rakhine.

It is time to show the jungle-boys who is the boss.

12. TopCat

TopCat ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 11,131 / -2
    Bangladesh
    No we should remain as low spender like China. Rather increase the volume of our GDP which will eventually give us enough room to spend. Burmese are not a threat to us but we should look beyond the region.

13. UKBengali

UKBengali ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8 / 13,231 / -2
    Bangladesh
    1.5% of GDP(including arms purchases) on defence is not really enough to stand up to India - I agree that Burma is really no threat to BD.

I am not calling for a sudden increase to 3% of GDP, which will hamper economic growth and increase poverty, but phased increase to 3% over the next 10 years.

By the time that BD gets to 3% of GDP on defence then it will have all but eliminated poverty and also the mass of infrastructure like roads, railways, bridges and power stations would have been built. This would allow BD to sustain 3% of GDP on defence almost indefinitely and hence would create an extremely effective military that would be on a par with India forces in West Bengal and the NE.

BD must increase it's military might as soon as possible to defend it's national interests.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  14. bongbang

bongbang SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 3,521 / -4
    Bangladesh
    Inside Story of NAF War between Bangladesh vs Myanmer.

The whole deteils is writen by our WAR HERO - "Alm Fazlur Rahman"

"Naf is a bordering river between Bangladesh and Myanmar. Upper Naf has about 12 branches of smaller river. In 1966, Pakistan and Burma concluded a treaty agreeing that none of the countries will train the Naf river or branches of rivers . With the natural shifting of depth of river the demarcation of boundary between the countries will shift. When I took over as DG BDR I was told that 28 hundred acres TOTAL DIP OF BANGLADESH had been grabbed by Myanmar by shifting the depth of Naf river by building dams, groans and spars on the stewaries of main Naf river taking advantage of 1966 treaty. Suddenly, Myanmar started building dam on the last branches of Naf river, if completed whole TAKNAF would go into the sea. We protested but in-vain. Myanmar didn't stop. To protect the building side Myanmar deployed two divisions Army under command two major generals one from army and another from Navy. We positioned 2500 BDR troops under DDG BDR and kept the command directly under me. In one night, I moved 25 lac different types of ammunition and bombs in Cox's Bazar. Kept half in Cox's Bazar and sent half to the war positions. On 1st January 2000 at about 2.30 pm, I gave order for firing and the offensive strick was on. It lasted for 3 days in which 600 Myanmar army soldiers were killed. The war was live broadcasted by reporters Z. I. Mamun and Supan Roy on Ekushey Television. On 4th January, Myanmar's Head of the State Senior General Than Shwe call all the diplomats in Rangoon telling them that, Myanmar wants no war with Bangladesh. Cease fire was effected and a letter came from Myanmar govt saying, "We invite a delegation from Bangladesh to discuss all outstanding matters between two countries without any preconditions". Negotiation started under joint secretary (political affairs) Janibul Haque of the Ministry of Home Affairs, who headed the Bangladesh delegation in Myanmar. During the bilateral talks, Myanmar side was so wrought-up that they didn't even provide typewriters. And the treaty was signed on hand written documents. Myanmar dismantle the dam, thus we could save Teknaf from being lost into the Bay of Bengal. We defeated Myanmar's forces completely with no loss of life from our side. This is in nutshell about NAF WAR."

@asad71 is it authentic? Because no mention of this incident in any other places.

15. TopCat

TopCat ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 11,131 / -2
    Bangladesh
    Could be.. Myanmar actutally does not keep record of its soldier. So they dont know how many they sent to the fornt line and how many actually returned. A lot of them do desert as well.