BANNED
Aug 10, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
Bangabandhu’s life to be showcased in NYC's Times Square
UNB
  • Published at 12:31 pm August 10th, 2021
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman addressing the Constituent Assembly on April 10, 1972 mujib100.gov.bd
Fahim Feroj, a Bangladeshi expatriate in the US has taken the initiative
The life sketch of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be screened at Times Square, New York on August 15 and 16.
Bangabandhu’s digital portrait will also be screened for 720 times at the place, a major commercial intersection, tourist destination, entertainment center, and neighborhood in the Midtown Manhattan section of New York City, at the junction of Broadway and Seventh Avenue.
Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen said this on Tuesday, mentioning that mainstream media will cover the event.
He thanked Fahim Feroj, a Bangladeshi expatriate who has taken the initiative. EXIM Bank and Bangladesh Finance came forward to help him implement it.
Fahim through his NY Dreams Production, a New York-based organisation, has taken the initiative to showcase Bangabandhu and his great political work and sacrifice in the international platform, marking National Mourning Day.
Dr Momen said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to visit New York next month to attend the UNGA and it will be a good initiative ahead of her visit.
He said the government is trying to brand Bangladesh positively as it is now a land of opportunity with its vibrant economy.

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
UNB
  • Published at 12:31 pm August 10th, 2021
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman addressing the Constituent Assembly on April 10, 1972 mujib100.gov.bd
Fahim Feroj, a Bangladeshi expatriate in the US has taken the initiative
The life sketch of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be screened at Times Square, New York on August 15 and 16.
Bangabandhu’s digital portrait will also be screened for 720 times at the place, a major commercial intersection, tourist destination, entertainment center, and neighborhood in the Midtown Manhattan section of New York City, at the junction of Broadway and Seventh Avenue.
Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen said this on Tuesday, mentioning that mainstream media will cover the event.
He thanked Fahim Feroj, a Bangladeshi expatriate who has taken the initiative. EXIM Bank and Bangladesh Finance came forward to help him implement it.
Fahim through his NY Dreams Production, a New York-based organisation, has taken the initiative to showcase Bangabandhu and his great political work and sacrifice in the international platform, marking National Mourning Day.
Dr Momen said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is likely to visit New York next month to attend the UNGA and it will be a good initiative ahead of her visit.
He said the government is trying to brand Bangladesh positively as it is now a land of opportunity with its vibrant economy.
I mean this is pandering to the umpteenth degree, this Fahim Feroz guy is just looking for favors from Hasina.

In very poor taste if you ask me. Trying to make money from a dead guy long gone.

Who in the US knows about Bangabandhu and who'd care?

Some gadhas throwing good money after bad...useless waste of money....

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
Mujib was a political man. All his good and bad deeds should be shown to the public. So, the initiators should also show what his Rakkhi Bahini did after its formation, how more than 30,000 JASSAD workers were captured and killed openly. How because of his inefficiency more than 300,000 people died of starvation and hunger in 1974.

More to the above, a question was always there, who mostly were those very dark-skinned members of that Gunda Rakkhi Bahini. Were they not mostly west Bengal Sudra Hindus supplied by India?

The thing is although people of BD have different shades of complexion, 100% of that Bahini were dark-skinned and I suspect most of them were supplied by the Indian govt. I had the opportunity to talk with a Security Guard in the Savar Camp, and his way of talking was different than ours.

After his killing in 1975, these Bahini people just vanished in the thin air. No one ever met an ex-Rakkhi Bahini. I met just one of their Officers in the Embassy in Tokyo. He was a Muslim and was from Faridpur. Even though looked quite like a typical Muslim and manly, he was quite dark-skinned like all others as if they all were born from the same parents.

I hope this NYC funfair will not claim that General Zia killed Mujib, Hasina Bibi still fears the personal popularity of dead President Zia, and wants to tarnish his image by her continuous barbed allegations against him.

However, as a matter of fact, this Hasina conspired with India to kill Zia. And India conspired with General Ershad to do the job.

Ahmet Pasha

BANNED
May 23, 2017
Country
Pakistan
Mujib was a political man. All his good and bad deeds should be shown to the public. So, the initiators should also show what his Rakkhi Bahini did after its formation, how more than 30,000 JASSAD workers were captured and killed openly. How because of his inefficiency more than 300,000 people died of starvation and hunger in 1974.

More to the above, a question was always there, who mostly were those very dark-skinned members of that Gunda Rakkhi Bahini. Were they not mostly west Bengal Sudra Hindus supplied by India?

The thing is although people of BD have different shades of complexion, 100% of that Bahini were dark-skinned and I suspect most of them were supplied by the Indian govt. I had the opportunity to talk with a Security Guard in the Savar Camp, and his way of talking was different than ours.

After his killing in 1975, these Bahini people just vanished in the thin air. No one ever met an ex-Rakkhi Bahini. I met just one of their Officers in the Embassy in Tokyo. He was a Muslim and was from Faridpur. Even though looked quite like a typical Muslim and manly, he was quite dark-skinned like all others as if they all were born from the same parents.

I hope this NYC funfair will not claim that General Zia killed Mujib, Hasina Bibi still fears the personal popularity of dead President Zia, and wants to tarnish his image by her continuous barbed allegations against him.

However, as a matter of fact, this Hasina conspired with India to kill Zia. And India conspired with General Ershad to do the job.
Sakin ol abi maniac misin sen?

Avicenna

Oct 18, 2016
Country
United States
I mean this is pandering to the umpteenth degree, this Fahim Feroz guy is just looking for favors from Hasina.

In very poor taste if you ask me. Trying to make money from a dead guy long gone.

Who in the US knows about Bangabandhu and who'd care?

Some gadhas throwing good money after bad...useless waste of money....
TBH this is cringeworthy.

No one cares in NYC.

And yea, this dude has an agenda.

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh

BB was a goonda cadre for Suhrawardy back in the day (around partition) and my relatives heard from people of his generation (great grandpa) that he had broken a chair on the back of an MP during Pakistan time and caused him to die. They took the guy to the hospital and the guy breathed his last there shortly after...

People with "Daddy complexes" won't believe it.

You make your bed and you have to lie in it I guess...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom