• Sunday, August 18, 2019

Attorney General Ashtar Ausaf resigns from his post

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by Dubious, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Dubious

Dubious MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +70 / 69,010 / -0
    Pakistan
    Attorney General Ashtar Ausaf resigns from his post

ISLAMABAD: Attorney General of Pakistan Ashtar Ausaf stepped down from his post on Wednesday.

"I believe that in the wake of imminent general elections, it would only be correct for me to tender my resignation from constitutional office, lest it be perceived by any party that my continued presence will impede the process of free and fair elections," Ausaf said in his resignation letter to President Mamnoon Hussain.

"The democratic transition, and its preservation, is a cornerstone of our Constitution and our democracy."

Ausaf said that it had indeed been both an honour and privilege to have served this country as the attorney general.

Ausaf was appointed attorney general of Pakistan on March 29, 2016.

The resignation by the attorney general comes hours after the caretaker Punjab government removed Asma Hamid from the post of advocate general of the province.

Former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif had appointed Hamid to the post of advocate general Punjab on May 29, two days before the then government’s tenure ended.

Imtiaz Siddiqui is likely to be appointed to the post, according to sources.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/199963-attorney-general-ashtar-ausaf-resigns-from-his-post

2. Dubious

Dubious MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +70 / 69,010 / -0
    Pakistan
    Asma Hamid removed as advocate general Punjab

LAHORE: Caretaker Punjab government on Wednesday removed Asma Hamid from the post of advocate general of the province.

According to sources, Additional Advocate General Muhammad Shan Gul has been given the additional charge of advocate general Punjab following Hamid’s removal.

Imtiaz Siddiqui is likely to be appointed to the post, sources added.

Former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif had appointed Hamid to the post of advocate general Punjab on May 29, two days before the then government’s tenure ended.

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) had opposed Hamid's appointment saying her family was being rewarded for having personal ties with the Sharif family.

The PTI had expressed its reservations in a letter to the chief election commissioner and caretaker Punjab chief minister.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/199929-asma-hamid-removed-as-advocate-general-punjab

3. war&peace

war&peace ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26 / 55,476 / -9
    Pakistan
    Wow, that shows their dishonesty...Good job PTI and good that caretaker govt also removed her. Two birds killed with a single stone.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1