What's new

Attack on Balochistan Constabulary in Quetta Claimed by TTP.

Signalian

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Aug 18, 2015
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan doesn't need to ask China, Pakistan's cavalier group produces the Hamza 6x6 MRAP which is currently being rolled out after first dabuting in 2016. PA has 200 on order, after it was developed and tested for over 6 years.

Manufacturing lines should be expanded on an emergency basis and the MRAP rolled out on a large scale.

View attachment 901619
There are different forces reporting to different levels of Government in Baluchistan.

1. Army reporting to GHQ
2. FC under command of army officers reporting to interior ministry and federal govt.
3. Police reporting to IG and provincial Government.
4. Constabulary reporting to other CSP officers and brought in duty when needed.
5. Levies reporting to local Govt bodies usually at district level headed by a DG

The equipment, training and weaponry dwindles as you go from 1 to 5.

FuturePAF

ELITE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Or, just give everyone an MRAP, because they're 1000 times safer than a mine resistant Hilux.

That's what they're supposed to do, so I have no clue why as well? The point being, they're too few in numbers right now to be effective even if they're given out and used properly.

If the Hamza MRAP is bought in large enough quantity, you'll quickly see casualty rates drop.

Perhaps if the nation can’t afford MRAPs in the numbers to protect the entire force, adding tethered UAVs equipped with Mine detection AI to at least a few vehicles in each convoy can help avoid possible ambushes.

It can also help mitigate soldier/guard fatigue when trying to tech suspicious people.

A drone like the following by Leonardo (the Italian defense firm with an office in Pakistan if I remember correctly) should make the acquisition easier if it is decided we should procure them.

Tethering will also make them more resilient to jamming.

Mounting in the bed of a Hilux would allow the ground force to not need air support in guiding mortars.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom